Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 483 of 590

Out of Character: Just be careful Icon, as - Page 483 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Nov, 2016 - 4:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 590 pgs.  479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
19th Nov, 2016 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 483

Dark Druid says...

Out of Character: Krusten, you can get your pay from my cold, dead hands. Actually wait, please don't shoot Avan.

So, what if the hobgoblins don't care about their fallen? What if the horn wasn't an order to advance, but to group up?

If they get behind their defences, they may be able to pelt us with spears and rocks. I retract what I previously said, now I doubt they are melee only because that would make their defences almost useless. If so, we have the advantage with the fog obscuring us from ranged attacks. Plus any area of effect attacks will be much better with them grouped up - I can throw an alchemist's fire once we're up close.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Nov, 2016 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

If we move to the horn fast enough to prevent grouping up (If that is at all possible, which I rather doubt), then we risk running headlong into them if they came to investigate instead, not to mention other problems with stumbling around in the fog with limited sense of direction.

If on the other hand we wait here for a while, we can be prepared for them to come to us, and probably lose nothing in regards to how prepared they are for us to come to them later on.

I suggest lying in ambush for a while, and if we see nothing, scout out the rest of the group like we were trying before.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 19th Nov, 2016 - 2:37pm

19th Nov, 2016 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #
Zork III
Fighter 3
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Third says...

Out of Character: Agreed, I posted Zork's actions based on simply waiting. That's the thing about these situations, you might be doing all this preparation for nothing.

22nd Nov, 2016 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #
Faerydae
Cleric
Character
Follower / Rear
Character Sheet Lock

Page 483 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Healer says...

Out of Character: I was looking for my character in the GM stats but do not see it. Maybe I just overlooked it but it doesn't seem to be there!

What is the plan? Are we just waiting for something to be found?

22nd Nov, 2016 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: I know we are stronger when we can wade into battle from a distance, but I also think this fog is a potential blessing for us, as we could catch them bunched up and unaware. I have an entangle spell that would allow us to get a large portion of them stuck, and then Avan can blast them with something else, or all the ranged fighters can pepper them with arrows until they are all dead.

If we try to time it so that we attack them just as the fog is clearing, we would be able to best use this to our advantage.

22nd Nov, 2016 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dark Druid says...

Out of Character: Those are the characters most recently edited - it looks like they're all being deactivated.

I agree with Alchy's sentiments and intend to use Flaming Sphere for 3 rounds.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Nov, 2016 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #
Faerydae
Cleric
Character
Follower / Rear
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 483

Healer says...

Out of Character: My character should still show on the list and besides it says "Active".

Alchyrogue, your plan makes sense, I've read it before but the fog could also be a curse since they are planning an ambush and we do not know what we are getting into. What we really need is someone to recon the area and then tell us what is along the road.

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2016 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 483

Out of Character: Just be careful Icon, as its written, most of your support is too far behind you to rush to your aid when things get hot.

As a suggestion, once you see their disposition, you can send Aliana back for the rest of us while preparing your first strike. I should've sent Rudy with you for that, he can't yet communicate with you, but he can send your messages to me.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 22nd Nov, 2016 - 4:31pm

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.