Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 60 of 590

Yawn Pundit gets up sluggishly after an uneventful - Page 60 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Jan, 2010 - 1:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 590 pgs.  56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2010 - 5:15am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 60

(OOC: No problems but a little humor helps break the ice! GM have I found anything yet?))

As Foxthorn continues to go about his business he says, "Good thanks! And you three?" Thumbing towards Oliron, Lionel AND the donkey.

Sponsored Links:
10th Jan, 2010 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Namdar also begins breaking camp, his glance split between overseeing the party to see if any problems seem to be brewing anywhere, and keeping an eye out on the trail and the nearby surrounds.

international QUOTE

"Alright, group," he says as he and everyone continue their activities. "It is day now, and that means a whole new span of unknown is ahead of us.  I heard someone mention last night in passing they thought it would be a good idea to have an actual destination in mind instead of just wandering around looking for orcs.  That sounds like a good plan to me too, so would anyone care to elaborate on how we would go about this, and where anyone wants to go?

I'm pretty open to any suggestions, I know we've been following roughly the same direction we started, and have been hitting orcs every so often, which means either this direction is more likely where more of them are, or there a LOT of orcs all over the place, in all directions out here. Let's hope it's not the latter."

The half-orc peers up at a tall tree nearby, hand shading his eyes from above, as he turns to the others.

international QUOTE
"To start this off, we need someone very agile, to climb up as far as you can, and see if you can get a layout of where we are and what's around us.  Besides being quick and light on their feet, we need someone who is also good at climbing and has pretty keen perception...

I'm nearly lacking in coordination, myself, truth be known, though I can climb and keep a fairly good eye out.

Our new friend, Foxthorn, strikes me as nearly the number one choice - just look at that lithe elven grace and toned arms, probably better for using rope which might help him some if he proves not adept at scaling trees - though perhaps his natural athleticism will serve in its stead. Still, I feel his acute senses, as well as knowledge of nature and the overall and local lay of the land makes him our most promising prospect.  I've got a grappling hook if he needs one.

Our esteemed sorceress Krusten was also blessed in a lot of these regards, as she is likely very nearly a match for Foxthorn's alacrity, and I'm betting has done her fair share of climbing, and is probably not too bad on the lookout herself either.

Skedvick is a bit more lively than myself, can definitely climb and use rope better if needed, but tends to not be quite as attentive as we might need, though he is familiar with the natural settings, being a ranger and all.

Oliron is no slouch in the litheness category, and easily our best climber, but as my ranger mentor used to say, 'If I didn't know better, I'd think he has two left eyes'.

I'd hate to think we have to send two people up in a tree to make up for each other's deficits in a certain area, but I don't think that should be necessary - hopefully. So... Volunteers?"

Namdar and the group begin finishing up breaking camp, and the leader looks around at the others, inquisitively.

Rather off topic, but...
I'm open to any suggestions from anybody, following the trail or anything else, though I don't know if there was talk of a specific destination or just direction or what?

Also, we seem to have never had a start with CormacShaw (been 6 days, only 5 posts, 1 in his intro and all 5 already in the Characters section), and currently, it's been a few days since we've seen anything from Krusten as well.

Here is where I came up with my assessment of our tree-vantage breakdown:
Foxthorn Dx20, Clb0, Userope7, Spot3, Srch5, Know-Geog3, Kn-Local2, Kn-Nature3
Krusten Dx19, Clb4, Spot2, Search4
Skedv Dx14, Clb5, Spot1, Search4, Balance4, Userope4, Kn-Nature, Track, Wild Empathy
Oliron Dx16, Clb7, Spot0
Me Dx13, Clb3, Spot2, Userope2, Balance2

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2010 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Foxthorn agrees with Namdars rather astute (for a half-orc, scary) assessment of the situation.

"I'll do it!"

With that he removes his weapons and gear and climbs the tree deftly. He uses his local knowledge and any other skills he has to complete the task.

(OOC: Don't know what to roll here, GM)

10th Jan, 2010 - 10:13pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 60 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Born Free says...

ooc: Hop everyone had a great weekend Someone said I was missing already? I know you guys can't get enough of the only female in the group.

* Krusten never did like the outdoors for sleeping unless it was within a tent befitting her. She copes now only because she has higher goals for herself, but tims like these reminder of home, past love and warm food. *

"I will climb..."

* Krusten welcomes the challenge as she puts her mind to the task *

ooc: Let me know what to do to make the climb and what I should be looking for.

10th Jan, 2010 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Namdar smiles in approval at Krusten and Foxthorn's eagerness and cooperation, then the fairly genteel half-orc Party Leader gives the okay to either the lovely Sorceress or the new Ranger.

Rather off topic, but...
Let's check with Kntoran and see what we need to do for this, then we'll decide who climbs. I wish I didn't have to choose, or I guess both could climb. Any thoughts are welcome.

Namdar's brow furrows in thought, looking at each of the elven volunteers in turn, turning over in his mind which are the most useful abilities that will be likely to accomplish this task.

Rather off topic, but...

Although the GM likely reads the Party thread or at least glances through it occasionally, it is mostly for inter-party discussion, roleplaying, banter, etc.

Rather than each person making individual posts for the GM to respond to, the game is done like this, in the Steps below:

1) Party Leader (me in this case) regularly reads the PBP Game thread to get an idea of a situation or choice (or result of a previous party decision) as presented by the GM. ALL PLAYERS SHOULD ALSO READ UPDATES TO THIS THREAD.

2) Party Leader presents and/or summarize the situation in the Game thread so the rest of the party understands what is going on and the main choices as he sees it, and usually offers his own intention, best guess or suggestion(s) for the group.

3) Party members and Leader roleplay and discuss things unofficially among themselves in the PBP Party thread, until ideally everyone has posted their final main thoughts and desired actions and any required die rolls they want their character, and the party, to make, regarding the current situation. Very slow or absentee posters, after a few days, are usually assumed to "go along" with the Leader's choice. "Turnaround" for Game thread to Party Leader thread is usually 2-6 days, depending on: players' Party discussion activity levels, post relevancy to the situation, and clarity and conciseness of posts, providing all the info needed for the Party Leader to read.

4) Party Leader interprets (if needed) each character's actions and any necessary rolls, to put them into an easy-to-understand and read standard format, and ties everyone's posts all together as best he can in a single post.

5) Sometimes Party Leader posts his final summary or compilation of the members' actions in the Party thread so anyone can post any changes or additional info or feedback, which he responds to and adds in if necessary, but sometimes Party Leader goes with what he has, to speed things up when possible.

6) Party Leader posts Party Actions/Orders summary in the Party Leader thread. The GM regularly checks this thread to see what everyone is officially doing, and makes a response post in the Game thread for ALL party members to read.

7) No posts by anyone other than the Party Leader, in any forum, are considered to be "official" character actions "submitted" to the GM, as only the Party Leader is the "liason" that makes the official post of everyone's actions for the GM. Only the Party Leader posts in the Party Leader thread, only the GM posts in the Game thread. Out-of-Character questions, comments or discussion, usually to clarify game mechanics or etc. (what spells do I have, what should I roll to do X), should be posted in the Questions thread. Those interested in roleplaying and posting character history/background, and new developments, should post in the Character Development thread.

8) Repeat from Step 1.

*) Note: I encourage you to fill out your "character sheet", the parts of which which appear to the right and left and at the top and bottom of any post you make, by clicking the [Edit Stats] link under your character's avatar/icon on the right hand column one of your posts - this takes you to your main Int. Discussion forum Edit Profile page, which covers more than just your general main forum info, and you can scroll down until you see the AD&D fields, where you can enter various stats.

AD&D Name and Class/Level/Race fields will be displayed at the top of your posts, like mine that says "Namdar Al Sattar", and "Half-Orc/Rogue/1/M/CN/6'5/320".

Tome is displayed on the right side of your every post and can be any notes you want to put there, background, religion, etc.

Spells/Skills are displayed under the Tome.

Ability Scores and bonuses and other stats (AC, HP, etc) will show up on the left column.

Equipment will be displayed at the bottom of every post you make.

Maybe I should have posted this in the Questions thread or made a thread on How to Play and How To Set Up Your AD&D Character Stats.

Reconcile Edited: jpatt on 10th Jan, 2010 - 10:42pm

10th Jan, 2010 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

Oliron offers to climb as well. Maybe to tie a rope at the top for the spotters to use. Thus making the climb easier for them. (Climb roll = 8, 19, 20, 15, 8, 23)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jan, 2010 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 60

Beast smells his breath. Last night's deer meat is still stuck in his teeth and still tastes good to him as he sucks on it happily.

SA: Readies himself for any action needed.

11th Jan, 2010 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 60

Yawn

Pundit gets up sluggishly after an uneventful day yesterday. He hopes to accomplish something important today.

Rather off topic, but...
I updated my character stats but I can't remember what spells I had beside the healing spell so I need to ask the GM.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.