Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 69 of 590

Lionel sees the gold ring and ask, "May - Page 69 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Jan, 2010 - 8:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 590 pgs.  65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
20th Jan, 2010 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 69

Lionel to the group as a whole, "I have been thinking about this for a little while, but with all the money we will have how about we hire actual workers to mend the farmers fence", Lionel asks.
ooc: jpatt you can make you next post. wink.gif

Sponsored Links:
20th Jan, 2010 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Amaruil merely looked elsewhere and decided not to comment on what the human by the name of Lionel had told her, yet she grimaced a bit on the idea of a half orc leading the group. She followed them silently towards that farm they kept talking about, and at the sight of the newcomer, she narrowed her eyes. Another human?

Now the leader was talking to them and she tried, with much effort, to pay attention though she was also observing the rest of the group. Was it really that good of an idea to join them in order to get a few coins? Then again, if she ever wanted to leave, she would do so. But, ah well, she had nothing better to do now, did she?

As Namdar said what he had to say about the farm, Amaruil let out a loud chuckle.
"You are helping a farmer... Fix his fence? Why would you be willing to spend coins and supplies and hours even just for a fence and a lazy farmer?"

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2010 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Gondrath thanks Namdar for the welcome and for the introduction of core members of the group.

Gondrath, as a mercenary who has gone through many battles, knows who to follow/trust and is quick to make such decision.

Looking at Namdar, and everyone in the group, Gondrath is immediately assured that the members of the group are capable of battle.

He believes he is lucky to have such a good group of adventurers today, and again thinks that he will stick to this group.

*Gondrath makes himself acquainted with each and everyone of the group, while Namdar is busy looking at the map - probably formulating some plans on where we go next*

20th Jan, 2010 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Page 69 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

"Easy", Lionel says hearing Amaruil's words, "he gave use shelter, also you can call it a charety, here is someone down on his luck, so we promised to fix his fence".

20th Jan, 2010 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

ooc: Thanks for like agreeing with me. I know it will happen but maybe we should get them to give a word or ask the GM to just remove them if they haven't been around for awhile. How are you like dividing up everything?

Beast listens to everyone talking but not being one for a lot of talk he just stays quiet.

20th Jan, 2010 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

Charity...? Amaruil opened her mouth in order to speak but closed it again. There was no point in saying anything against it. If they wanted to be fools, let them be fools. She merely shook her head and crossed her arms, waiting.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Jan, 2010 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 69

The son of Kourosh appreciates the elf's question, as he himself, for long years as one sleeping in dirt and eating scraps, found no use for charity to others, as he recieved none, until shown the meaning and reward of this by his mentor.

"I am reminded of an ancient proverb from my homeland: 'Doing good to others is not a duty, it is a joy, for it increases our own health and happiness. Taking the first footstep with a good thought, the second with a good word and the third with a good deed, I entered Paradise'. As I think most all of us are aware, likely having been through bitter times ourselves to some degree, we wished there had been those for whom this virtue rang true - and for others now, we can be this virtue.

Namdar somewhat smiles at Amaruil, as much as his grim outcast half-human, half-orcish life has left him the ability to do, which some might mistake for a grimace. "And you seem unsure of this group, or perhaps of me, and my own heritage. I bear no ill for your feeling this way, and I can only hope that you judge me and others accordingly, by our deeds and bearing, more than prejudices or fear, for none else will truly convince. And if you feel comfortable, perhaps more on your travels or questions or thoughts - as you seem to be a kindred wanderer."

At the end of his dialogue, while listening for any reply, he spreads out the loot gained thus far in front of everyone, mentally accounting for each other item taken by party members, and no longer part of the store - at last he speaks:

international QUOTE

After eliminating the bows, arrows and swords which members have taken for their own use, the items yet available are as follow:

9 longswords
6 shortbows
100 arrows
1 golden ring, unidentified
1 medium metal shield, nice condition

And our total pool of coinage gained from the enemy:

75 copper
73 silver
31 gold.

Namdar looks at the "treasure" laid out before the group, thinking aloud.

international QUOTE

The arrows would be well distributed amongst everyone to a practical limit, twenty each for those with bows? ...and the rest packed in our gear. 

Although of the nine remaining longswords and six shortbows, an extra sword and bow kept with us  would not be unwise, I feel they would add unnecessary weight and bulk to our band; perhaps a couple left with the farmer, the rest should be sold, after everyone makes sure they have one if needed.

The medium shield may go, if desired, to any solid warrior here lacking one, else be sold.

We should be able to get somewhere near about half the going rate for newly sold items in town.

The golden ring is a curiosity. Although I know nothing of it, there is always the chance it has been somehow ensorceled and might be nearly invaluable, or it may be the signet ring of some nobility, or even identification for the orc stronghold. Or it may simply need to be sold and the value divided, as it seems to me that a single golden ring, where a band of explorers is concerned, is a mere trinket which would be worth more as coin for more useful gear.

The half orc runs his hand across his face and massages his forehead, eyes clenched with an obvious headache, but he shakes his head and continues.

international QUOTE

A gold piece is worth 10 silver, and a silver is worth 10 copper, making a gold piece alternately worth 100 copper.

We lack 25 copper having one gold piece there. We have 7 gold worth of silver coin, and 31 gold proper, with 3 silver left over, and since a silver is worth 10 copper, we can use all 3 remaining silver to give us 30 more copper, for the full extra gold piece, leaving 5 copper remaining, so the equivalent of 39 gold pieces, and 5 coppers, in real coins we have right now.

Add in the {Namdar counts to himself} 20 gold per orc head we are supposed to receive, of which we have 10 (and are getting quite heavy), for 200 gold {Namdar's eyes widen in realization}, and then what we can get for the weapons, perhaps a total of 56 gold for 8 longswords and 75 gold for five of the shortbows, we have a potential final total of 200 plus 56 plus 75 plus 39 gold, or 370 gold, not counting the possible sale of the ring, and leaving a sword and bow at the farm.

This then is where we are, how to divide up this money, amongst the original group, the newcomers, and anything for the farmer, which I believe we should do something kindly to help him, perhaps even hire his fence mended as has been suggested by the esteemed Lionel, if we choose not to finish it.

So when we get back to town from here, and take care of all the transactions, we need a mutually agreed division of the money.

Reconcile Edited: jpatt on 20th Jan, 2010 - 8:24pm

20th Jan, 2010 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 69

Lionel sees the gold ring and ask, "May I have it, I would be willing to take it out of my share."
Lionel smiles seeing Amaruil frustration, "Look, how about this, if this goes well, when we get to town I'll get you one item of your choosing, it may be anything", Lionel offers.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.