Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 74 of 590

ooc: I also vote for selling the ring and - Page 74 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Jan, 2010 - 7:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 590 pgs.  70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
23rd Jan, 2010 - 6:40am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 74

Having more than a few ales in him Oliron begins to feel explorative. Gets up from the stool and meanders out the Inn door. Looking left and right Oliron walks out into the empty road. Breathing heavily, he falls to the ground on all fours sobbing then lays down and rolls over, eyes focusing on the stars. He can hear and wagons and such coming so does not worry about being run over.

He lays pondering things, were is his wife, were is his son. Do they still know he is alive or are they gone forever. Hearing some drunken patrons coming towards the exit of the Inn, Oliron quickly stands up and composes himself. Oliron meanders over to Jonas.

"Ahh, you are more crazy than me." Oliron wags a finger at Jonas. "You eat grass, what kind of crazy eats grass?" He says. Jonas looks up at him. "Yes, I know don't look at me like that."

Oliron chuckles.

"We belong to a group now, we can't just be wandering off killing anything we feel like." Oliron looks pleading at his donkey, Jonas looks on with a vacant eye. Oliron speaks, "We have to follow this course Jonas, I can feel only good coming from this." With that Oliron pats his donkey and walks back into the Inn.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Jan, 2010 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

"So," Namdar explains casually to the various party members throughout a couple of hours as he comes across each, as everyone goes about their affairs at different locations within the town.

international QUOTE

"Basically, you all get 69 gold pieces each to do with as you will, add to your purses or spend it all - make sure and look and see if you need to upgrade or resupply, before we head out again, because with money and the town here, now is the time to do it."

The half-orc lightly touches his brow with a leathery hand, remembering a couple of things, as the party eventually reforms in a general group near the general and equipment store.

international QUOTE
"We need to decide on what to do with this mysterious ring.  We all know that Lionel, for reasons best left only with him, wanted it or wanted to give it away or something, but as far as I'm concerned, that is flat off the table now that we know it is enchanted and the evoker that indicated it is willing to buy it for 2,000 gold from us. 

The old mage also offers to identify it fully for what I feel is an exorbitant amount of money - 400 gold, or 1/5 of the whole cost he is willing to give us for it as it stands now.  We haven't the 400 gold to pay him to begin with, unless we pooled all our money together to do it, only taking a few gold coins each instead of the nearly 70 as our split. I am seeing very little that moves me toward handing a king's random of gold coin over to someone who might reveal that it magically makes rude noises. 

Although it is possible it might be worth even more, I find it unlikely, and even if it were, I still doubt it would be a significant amount of difference, so if we do want to sell it, I think we should sell it to our man here in town.

The leader of the party sniffs the air briefly, mouth watering, as the smell of freshly baked pies and prepared meats and vegetables wafts invitingly through the town. With great effort, he returns his concentration to the matter at hand.

international QUOTE
If we want to keep the ring and hopefully discover or stumble onto its abilities, next we would need to decide who shall bear the ring, which is doubly difficult as we do not know what it does, and therefore who, either as individual or some other basis, it should go to, should the ring's power be beholden only to a certain career or something along those lines - it may gird one's defenses, it might aid in striking a mighty or accurate blow, it might resist temperatures or contain mystical energies which could be made use of only by one of our spellcasters or perhaps cleric. It could do a hundred other things, some of which might even be negative, perhaps it is cursed - it obviously did the orcs bearing it no good - what then?

And past that, we appear to have two immediate options for our next avenue of pursuit: northward to the farms which are apparently in immediate danger of orc raids, or guard the caravan to the next town, and perhaps see if we can find or find out anything new or useful there at the distant town.  The farms to the north would serve to help people more immediately in danger, while the caravan could provide a good basis for possibly more lucrative endeavors, orcs to fight off and take their heads, trade goods to sell - the more self-serving route, I think we can say without any particular shame.

Namdar twists the ring around in his fingers, watching the town's lights play across its burnished surface.

international QUOTE
So, let us finish up all our shopping and preparations, and then decide - I'd like to get answers to the below questions at the next available opportunity so we can get underway:

Regarding the Golden Ring (Default: #1 - Sell and Split):
1 - sell the ring for 2,000gp and split it
2 - keep it tucked away, as part of the party equipment or item pool
3 - bestow bearership upon one party member, and if so, who?
4 - ?

Regarding the Party Direction (Default: #B - Guard Caravan):
A. Head north to farms under siege
B. Sign up to guard the caravan from this town to another
C. ?

Rather off topic, but...
Basically, people can buy what they want with their money, but we need active players posting their votes on the above two choices, and if things are inconclusive, or not enough people post, or I have to make a decision without everyone's input, the Default options are the most likely, so I guess I'll wait a day or maybe less, to make sure most people wil have the chance to post, then I'll post in the Party Leader thread so we can get the next adventure started.

23rd Jan, 2010 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lionel sighs, "Look, for one I don't think it curse, the mage was willing to pay 2,000, and then requiring 400 to know what it does, he might be paying a fair price, but I can tell you right now, magic rings are not something you just give away knowing nothing about it, also when we do find out what it can do, rings can be recharged. I think we should hold on to it; also though I feel it should be a magic user that holds onto, at least for now, also I will withdraw my request that it be me." Lionel then goes to another note saying, "I say we head north to farms under siege, ready Amaruil?"

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 23rd Jan, 2010 - 3:43pm

23rd Jan, 2010 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

Page 74 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Beast looks at Lionel and grunts,

"Humph, sell the ring and we share the gold."

He then scratches his chin.

"I can buy lots of deer meat with this"

SA: Sell the ring so I can buy some better equipment.

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2010 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Makonai Sharptongue silently glides into view with his hood hiding his face. His trusty bow rattles upon his back as he bows slightly. " I, am Makonai. My marksmanship is close to none. I wish to join your party." He said softly in his cold and uncaring voice.

Reconcile Edited: makonai on 23rd Jan, 2010 - 4:48pm

23rd Jan, 2010 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

Beasts looks at the newcomer and asks awkwardly,

"You have any dried deer meat with you?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jan, 2010 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 74

Lionel raises his blow, surprised at the appearance of the new comer, thinks for a moment, and says "Yes, but only if you understand we are a team, a family for many of us", Lionel looks over at Oliron, "Are you willing to take risks for people it seem you have no wish to know, you seem uncaring, we need to know if you are willing to think about others as well as yourself not just yourself", Lionel asks the new comer.

23rd Jan, 2010 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 74

ooc: I also vote for selling the ring and sharing the gold is the better way to go. We're still a young party and need better equipment to survive. If we get past level 1 and reach level 2 or 3 we might not need as much equipment.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.