Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 77 of 590

Namdar forks over the necessary coins for - Page 77 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Jan, 2010 - 12:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 590 pgs.  73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2010 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 77

Makonai nods slightly to the strange, indeterminate ranger. 'what a strange tongue he speaks with. I do wonder where he is from.'

He instinctively fumbled in his sleeve for that precious token that serves as a reminder of his cause.

He sighs.

occ: hey all. I just started and I'm a noob so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links:
24th Jan, 2010 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

"It is settled then," Namdar intones, finishing up his shopping and preparations, and checking on the stabling of the animals.

"We have all gotten our split, basically done our other transactions, sold and bought our gear and resupplied, rested a bit (OOC: maybe the night, not sure yet, KNt will post, hopefully), and procured new animals (OOC: I'm trying to buy a light warhorse) and paid town labor to get the farmer's fence fixed. Our next step is the journey to help the other poor farmers and salt of the earth whose homes and livelihoods are under assault by yet more orc brigands, as most of the sentiment I've seen and hear from you so far is that that is what we should do next, and I am in agreement."

He looks around at the members of the party, old and new, and bows his head slightly.

international QUOTE
"Although I am not a particularly religious person, I'd like to ask that we take a moment, either verbally or silently to ourselves, to express our gratitude for the fortune that has smiled on us so far in our endeavors and the good that we were able to do and friends that we have gained, and wish well for those who have departed from our company for whatever reason, as well as for the innocent, the oppressed and those who have lost family and friends to the recent violence, and trust that our future journeys will be equally or more successful and able to bring more good and relief to those in need, as well as provide nourishment and bounty for ourselves.  Good Pundit, you may say any words you care to, as you seem to be more accustomed to this kind of speech than I, and anyone may join in, or not, as it suits them, after."

Rather off topic, but...
Good news for the newcomers and everyone: I have posted in the Leader thread, so it should be just a matter of KNtoran resolving whatever we have indicated, and hopefully heading out north, either now or after a stay at the inn.

25th Jan, 2010 - 3:15am / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Born Free says...

* Krusten looks on with anticipation of what is owed to her. She sees lots of talk but no gold as of yet. She was alwys a person of put your money where your mouth is... but she is not sure how tht works out with the lot she is attached to at the moment. *

ooc: So when will we know how much gold we each get?

25th Jan, 2010 - 5:11am / Post ID: #

Page 77 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

In my post previous to this last one, I posted this:

international QUOTE
Namdar cashes in the ring, hopefully finding out what it does in the process, and receives two thousand gold worth of coin in exchange (most hopefully in platinum?), and distributes it evenly, giving everyone except himself 286 gp, adding the previous 69 for a total of 355 gold per person, and 350 for himself.

Namdar smiles a grimace and hands the equivalent of 355 gold pieces to Krusten, and the other original members as well, who hadn't gotten their shares yet. He was glad to be rid of it, as every 50 coins weighs a pound, so he just gave away seven pounds of coins per person. He most definitely felt lighter now.

"You newcomers, if you need a bit getting something you feel you need, speak up and I'll see what I can do."

Reconcile Edited: jpatt on 25th Jan, 2010 - 5:28am

25th Jan, 2010 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Born Free says...

* Krusten takes her 355 gold pieces happily. She has not seen this amount of gold all at once before. She immediately thinks about what she needs *

Rather off topic, but...
Thanks jpatt, I missed that post in all the role-playing going on here.

ooc: I can't remember does my character have armor restrictions? Also we should know where we're going as that can influence my purchases.

25th Jan, 2010 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

"So what would you like Amaruil", Lionel asks when they get to the marketplace.
ooc: Krusten, I would suggest not getting armour, it will make casting spells a lot harder, we as arcane spell caster, and have a spell failure chance and the more armour we have the less likely we are able to cast magic.
Amaruil, either pick something from items and equipment in the handbook, or describe an item and a price can be put on it by DM. The way I see it, sense you failed your roll, Lionel sees right through Amaruil's manipulation, also he will be able to later learn a bit about her and be able to see if she can be trusted in the group. Does that sound ok with you Amaruil?

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 25th Jan, 2010 - 6:31pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Jan, 2010 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 77

Beast is happy to get his money. His immediate reaction is to satisfy his belly but his wisdom knows better so he buys equipment.

ooc: Got me some good armor so I have armor class of 20 now!

26th Jan, 2010 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 77

Namdar forks over the necessary coins for the group to stay and eat at the inn and stable the animals, to get a good night's rest and creature comforts, before heading out to help the north farms, which are being attacked by orcs, numbering from half to a full dozen or so, from the last reports. Doable, he thinks to himself, but it could be a very rough altercation, and hopes Pundit is up to the task with his divine healing gifts; he finds himself also fantasizing they might find some sort of magic healing poultices along the way, but knowing that won't happen. He sighs and sits down to a good solid meal and few mugs of spiced cider, as he never developed a taste for alcohol, more than any religious taboo. He can't wait to turn in and indulge a shameful habit, sleeping in a soft bed, even if it is just one with layers of quilting as its padding, rather than any of the luxurious spring-filled contraptions he'd heard about in far distant capitol cities.

He looks back to the stables, thinking about his new Light Warhorse, and smiles contentedly. Grue was going to be a big help, the half-orc felt, as he had already gotten to know him and though his orcish aspect at first caused the horse to be skittish, it got over it finally.

Rather off topic, but...
I'm afraid I'm skeptical any of the newcomers are returning, as they joined at a bad time, with everyone milling about town resupplying, no doubt boring them out of their minds with nothing at all to do and no significant money to buy anything else useful. Make sure to post what you buy in the Character Creation thread, and update your Equipment list, so KNToran knows what equipment everyone has.

Reconcile Edited: jpatt on 26th Jan, 2010 - 1:11am

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.