Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 89 of 590

Beast reflects back on the last farm and the - Page 89 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Feb, 2010 - 3:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 590 pgs.  85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
9th Feb, 2010 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 89

Amaruil feels somewhat relieved that they didn't meet any of those beasts yet; however she lets out a loud sigh at the sight of the human greeting them. Hopefully, they wouldn't stay to help him fix his boots or anything. She expected anything with that group.

Sponsored Links:
9th Feb, 2010 - 12:18am / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Born Free says...

* Krusten notes the reaction of the rogue elf. She grins as she moves about the farm. She begins to think that this rogue elf has more perception than the hormone driven males in the party. *

9th Feb, 2010 - 5:22am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

international QUOTE
For quick reference:
As you approach the fence and gate you will see the gate is open and the fence is in very good shape. Seems like no one has bothered this farm at all. As you approach the gate and the lane a middle aged man comes out of the house and hails you. As he approaches you see that he is a human of average built. He walks up to you and offers his hand. Saying welcome to my humble farm. I am Larry Hempstraw and this is my land. What may I help you with? He will tell those looking at the crops to try and not trample the beans.

Namdar, all too well understanding Beast's reluctance, secures his cowl and face-obscuring keffiyeh and approaches the farmer, also stealing glimpses at the immediate area, seeing if there were any good defensible positions or cover that could be used by the party if hostilities broke out here. He nods to Skedvick to casually stroll around the area, alert for signs of unusual traffic.

The swathed traveler from the East bows politely with a flourish, attempting to distract the man's attention as Krusten makes her rounds. "Good sir," he intones as clearly and pleasantly as he can, given his own and the party's anxious anticipation of vengeance on the orcs, then proceeds to casually introduce himself and his party, shaking hands with Mr. Hempstraw.

international QUOTE
"We are travelers from the south, and had been warned that this area was dangerous, mostly due to dangerous bands of sadistic orcs, and we came across one farm that had been accosted some, but yet another razed entirely to the ground and the family killed horribly.  Do you know anything about any of this, or have you seen or heard of any orcs or other travelers anywhere, or the happenings with the other farmers out here?  A few of our number have friends in some nearby towns and worry for their safety if they traveled this direction, and also don't want to be surprised ourselves.  I could probably find a coin if you could kindly provide us any information, and would appreciate it.

Also, I notice your farm here and crops are quite fruitful and well-maintained, for which you no doubt deserve solid credit, especially given the stories we've heard about the danger of the rampaging beasts around here - tell me, surely some have been by at some point, how or why do you feel your farm has been fortunate enough to be spared all this time?"

The half-orc leader, tense from a nagging feeling, likely the same most of the party has, carefully studies the farmer, his mannerisms, bearing, behavior and eye movement, clothing, hands and evidence of recent activity, such as soiled shirt and such, looking for something as wrong as his intuition said was here - he also makes sure to glance at Krusten's rather obvious recon. But perhaps he was just tired and overtaxed with the emotions of the day so far, and there was nothing untoward going on here.

When finished with the brief initial meeting, and asking if the group might rest there a short time before continuing their trek, Namdar rejoins the group and they quietly decide what to do next.

international QUOTE
"If anyone else feels what I do, this situation seems too unlikely, a nice farm and abundant crops in the middle of the country that is beset by violent orc activity, while his neighbors smolder in ash not far from here.  If something IS here, like orcs, which Krusten might discover, we'll need a quick, relatively, clear plan of what we're going to do, such as fall back to a certain defensive position, or charge in, or what.  If things are not right here, the farmer could be in on it, or may be forced to help provide resources and be a victim.  I suspect the barn for any lurking enemies, but we don't know what, if anything we're dealing with, so also don't overreact.

Act normally but be wary and pay attention to our surroundings and details we might otherwise take for granted.  If things are peaceful here, we rest a short time then move on north - I think everyone's agreeable?"

Rather off topic, but...
Agreed, if nothing's evident here, we'll press on as already stated in previous posts, to the north. If there is a problem, we need to be ready for combat and to take cover. I posted in the PL.

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 9th Feb, 2010 - 5:36am

9th Feb, 2010 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

Page 89 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

ooc: Thank you for keeping it flowing Jpatt this will keep the GM on ready to update the game like daily. I'm kinda happy the laggers dropped out too because it was waste of time just waiting on players who weren't even here.

9th Feb, 2010 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Born Free says...

* Krusten wonders to herself why a farmer, knowing orcs are in the area, would chose to worry about his garden peas. *

Rather off topic, but...
I was thinking about looking up the drama role-playing while we wait for an update on this.

10th Feb, 2010 - 4:49am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

During the group's activities, Namdar checks his scimitar and brings it up to snuff as best he can, but as much out of sight from the farmhouse and barn(s) as possible - maybe best not to announce to potential enemies just how much and what kind of arms the group has to present if needed. He also considers the longbow affixed to his saddle packs and wonders if he'll need either or both. On first glance at least, the farmer seemed genuine enough - still...

Rather off topic, but...
Things seem to be going ok so far - does anyone else have any thoughts? I'm not sure what you mean, Krusten, about reading up on drama roleplaying? A book, a subject? Also, it will be shopping day, mostly all day as I get and help family members groceries, and load and unload them and rest, so I probably won't be able to post again til later at night, my time. Just letting you know.

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 10th Feb, 2010 - 4:50am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Feb, 2010 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 89

Lionel comes forward; he has been extremely quit, following the group without word. Lionel says simply, "I can set an alarm that can go off if anyone tries to leave or tries to get into the farm during the night. This can give us warning of any danger, because though the farmer may be harmless it is better to be safe." He watches he friend and traveling companion waiting for an answer.

Rather off topic, but...
Sorry for being away for awhile, I"ve been very busy, making my own site, my work, duties on other sites, and keeping up with the many RPGs here. If anyone has questions ask in intro.

10th Feb, 2010 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 89

Beast reflects back on the last farm and the horror he saw. He is more than determined now to clean the place of orcs. He then starts to wonder if there is a spell that can change the way he looks, possibly to look like a very large human. he then thinks about the gold he will need.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.