Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 94 of 590

SA: Just move with rest of the group whenever - Page 94 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Feb, 2010 - 4:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 590 pgs.  90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
14th Feb, 2010 - 1:49am / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 94

Born Free says...

* Krusten listens to all and remains silent waiting on them to make a final conclusion either to move on or rattle the farmer so his information falls out. *

Sponsored Links:
14th Feb, 2010 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Lionel waits for the farmer to answer, but says to Oliron, "I thinks so too, that's way I wish to know more about the Duke." Lionel breaks in intrigued, "Tell me, just how close are you to your half brother and what can you tell me about him", Lionel asks, "you see I am of royal birth as well, the prince of Anhangá", shows the farmer his royal symbol (the necklace). [(in case this didn't get addressed last time)]

Perhaps Amaruil could use one of her abilities (bluff, diplomacy, gather information or sense motive) to find out more? She is persuasive, after all.

Oliron wants to continue north, as more farmers are dying by the minute, but waits to see what the party does.

The others wish to talk a moment to the farmer about the Duke and what his or the Duke's take has been on the orcs, and in general,
and how "The Duke" is doing lately, to get any info and see if there is any indication of intentional lying or ulterior motives, and what emotions or stresses the farmer is under.

Namdar wants to go to the other side of his horse and fiddle with the packs sort of obviously, then slowly and gradually edge further and further back and out of sight, and sneak around the area out of the farmer's sight (and anyone else Namdar thinks might be hiding in particular places), and see if he can find out any more about the other buildings or farmhouse, etc.

If there is a way to find any openings, back doors, exposed locks, Namdar uses his skills to at least be able to peer inside to gage what is inside the different structures, be it people or equipment or food or what, and will stay out of sight and monitor anything unusual, then he will return to tell the others subtly without the farmer knowing.

Rather off topic, but...
Posted PL.

15th Feb, 2010 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

ooc: You did not mention anything about what my character said or did.

15th Feb, 2010 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

Page 94 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

"Actually, the Duke will not know I"m am here, you see I"m new to these parts, as is those I am traveling with", Lionel says with all honest (at least as far as can be given without giving the group away), "I am Lionel Alexander Cortez, and am in search for a young women dear to me, who I feel has become by now become a druid", Lionel continues, "We are a group of travelers, and we are looking for work, if by chance, you have a means of contacting the Duke for us, we would be willing to hire ourselves to him." While Lionel waits for the farmer to answer, he looks at the other members of his group, nodding as if to say "I will describe my plan latter", and many of the group can clearly see cogs moving in Lionel's head.

ooc: The way I see it, if we can somehow get close to this duke, maybe even show him we can be 'trusted" we may be able to find out some dirt on this guy, that is my idea anyway. I fell it is better then attacking the orcs head on.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 15th Feb, 2010 - 8:54pm

15th Feb, 2010 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

He must be too old and starting to see things or lying Beast thinks. He did not pass up on the refreshments but once he is done he goes outside and gets ready to go further north.

15th Feb, 2010 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

Namdar mutters curses at his mangled lockpick as he makes his way back to the farm, also disappointed he found nothing out of the ordinary on the premises, the whole things appearing to be more or less just what it looks like. He catches the tail end of the conversation inside, and realizes the Duke's brother probably is being kept in the dark like a Goliari mushroom and reassured by the Duke's men that the orc situation is under control and no atrocities are being committed, which is patently untrue.

Namdar pauses mentally as he enters the room quietly, wondering if it would be better to leave the farmer oblivious or break his sense of well-being and tell him what all is going on, about the burned farms and killed workers, and the Duke's apparent intent to keep him from learning the truth, though maybe just so he won't be scared. Possibly a difficult decision, one hard for the half-orc to immediately arrive at, as he would just immediately blatantly bring the farmer up to speed.

After the main conversation with the farmer, Namdar pulls Pundit aside and in a rare instance of personal uncertainty, asks, "Brother Pundit, we know a good part of the situation here now. But I am unsure as to how to proceed; I want to likely put this to a vote with the others, but I wonder do we tell the farmer what is going on, or not? My instinct is to do so, though it may hurt and alarm him, but possibly provide us with helpful additional information, and could get us closer to the Duke, but could also anger him if he finds his brother has been made aware of what he obviously does not want him to be. I need some balance of opinion from the rest of you, and perhaps you moreso, being generally a man of peace and spiritual enlightenment on what is right, from a more enlightened point of view."

Rather off topic, but...

5 Days Ago: Pundit walks over to the farmer and puts a hand on his shoulder saying,
"We are here to help, if you are in trouble let us know. We can take care of the problem. If something is wrong and you don't want to say just blink your eyes twice."
SA: Just what I said above.

Pundit puts his shoulder on Beast too,
"Be calm, we need to let our new friend know that we can help him"
Pundit then explains what they saw earlier that has Beast upset.

3 Days Ago: SA: Pundit will be insistant in going in the hut of the farmer.
"May we sit to have something to drink, there is something I wish to share with you."

ooc: I get the feeling some of you are afraid of this farmer? We have one side asking him questions and the other part apologizing and anxious to leave.

ooc: I wouldn't want to stay here. We should be thinking of getting a lot of info and then going on to the next action. I like Amaruil's suggestion.

I apologize for missing Pundit's actions, I more or less lumped him into the group that was talking to the farmer. I guess I found the eventual sequential transition of "helpful/calming/insistent on entry" switches jarring and confusing and probably "put it aside to look at it closer in a minute" and forgot it, and was sort of rushing to get everybody's stuff put in a post for PL so it would be there as early as possible for a GM response, and he just got left out. We're "in" now with Lionel's royalty, which is probably a better result than intimidating one's way in, but I do apologize for missing Pundit's actions, all the same.

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 15th Feb, 2010 - 10:39pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Feb, 2010 - 4:11am / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 94

Born Free says...

* Krusten politely refuses anything not trusting the farmer or anyone else around her for that matter. She steps outside to breathe some fresh air. She looks around the forest suspiciously and then waits at the road to continue. *

SA: Just waiting to continue.

16th Feb, 2010 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 94

SA: Just move with rest of the group whenever you guys have like decided what to do.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.