Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 103 of 590

The (still?) Party Leader, Namdar, nods in - Page 103 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Feb, 2010 - 4:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 590 pgs.  99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
25th Feb, 2010 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 103

ooc: Sigh, I apologize rpgpundit, I had forgotten that post, please forgive me. We shall ignore that part about Pundit coming. I will be more careful at remembering players answers, and also accepting their answers.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 25th Feb, 2010 - 2:13pm

Sponsored Links:
25th Feb, 2010 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The group in general seems split and disorganized, with at least two or three different fairly strong incentives or presumably correct courses to pursue. Pundit, Krusten, Oliron and Beast (and Skedvick) will await Lionel outside of the Duke's, assuming it doesn't take a long time for the audience. Ryorst will accompany Lionel in, and Namdar will try to gather information around the Duke's place, inconspicuously.

Now THAT should be settled, and everyone knows what everyone is wanting to do, and what the GM is going to see and be able to respond to, Namdar mentally calls this the "basepoint", for the events that are going to occur from here, and as a result of choices here, so there shouldn't be much reason to look back other than to keep track of info and references, but the main focus needs to be on everyone getting their bearings, and making their views known (OOC: which I think I've finally got accounted for?), and acknowledgment of this, so from here on out, the party's actions should proceed without surprise or frustration to any of its number.

OOC: I was mainly going on whatever the overall general mood was, but I do remember reading, Pundit, your post about not going to the Duke's, I very clearly remember it - now. I didn't. This Duke sidetrack/quest has just caused all kinds of hell! [metagame]The Duke idea was presented by the GM, usually for a reason (though I know there are red herrings sometimes) and it is generally expected of the players, due to social contract, to act on new and specific GM information; that's why I believe the Duke aspect is being "pushed" if you want to refer to it that way.[/metagame] As I said, I've not played in these games before, here at ID or in any of those others, the Medieval and all that, so I'm only going by what I know of playing tabletop RPGs with people I know.

25th Feb, 2010 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

OOC: As to the above, I think it's a fair statement. It's hard since it's online, but we need to remember that this is a party, not a bunch of solo campaigns. Often a choice of what to do next will come down to a single person, and if that happens, there really isn't much to be gained from griping about it. Generally there are three rules I advise parties to follow, based on what I've seen so far.
1. Stick together.
2. Play to your strengths, cover you rallies weaknesses.
3. Don't leave behind 34 magical arrows and take the box.
That last one is an actual event that occurred in a campaign I took part in. There were 35 of the magical arrows, but I took one to experiment with. Someone else dumped them on the ground and took the box. Nobody else grabbed any, and before I knew it, we were gone. The moral is COMMUNICATION. Everyone assumed someone else would grab them, until nobody did, and it was too late.

26th Feb, 2010 - 12:01am / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 103 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Born Free says...

ooc: Thank you rpgpundit! I wanted to say that but glad you brought it up. Saves some here thinking that the Krusten character IS me.

international QUOTE
...but we need to remember that this is a party, not a bunch of solo campaigns.

ooc: Exactly, therefore we follow the majority and respect the wishes of each party member as both a team player and a unique person with actions that shouldn't be neither ignored or taken advantage of. Plus... I think we were originally on one AGREED mission of getting the orcs and then ONE person had the idea to go to the Duke and then next thing I know my character is being coerced to go. Now for some in character stuff...

* Krusten looks at the human with his donkey asking if she wants to talk. She eyes him up and down and then shakes her head with no emotion answering in the negative *

26th Feb, 2010 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: I'm wondering if me Female Lesser Drow Bard character would have been a more balancing choice. But I can't tell for sure. Krusten, would it have been someone whom your character would have gotten along with, being both female and a form of elf, or would the fact that it's a drow have pissed her off?

Ryorst sighed. This group was in serious need of a common enemy, or they'd start tearing themselves up. He shuddered with anticipation, this was sure to be exciting.

"Krusten, was it? I noticed you don't think too highly of me, but we could really use someone of your obvious talents in there, in case things get out of hand. I mean, I can handle a fight, but I think most problems we may face will require a more... Elegant solution. Are you sure you won't reconsider?"

26th Feb, 2010 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

ooc: Rentok I think we should leave it, Krusten has said most clearly that she does not.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 26th Feb, 2010 - 2:20am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Feb, 2010 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 103

Oliron shrugs in reaction to Krusten. He wonders to himself were the orcs are.

ooc: I hope this is not a dumb question but do we know were the orcs are? I thought we were following them North but now there is no sign of them.

26th Feb, 2010 - 4:15am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 103

The (still?) Party Leader, Namdar, nods in agreement before setting off. "Indeed, the orcs were our initial directive, and still are. IF the information we get from or about the Duke serves to help us in that work, perhaps on a large scale, then that's all the more help we've been and perhaps more reward we'll get.

If nothing of immediate obvious value is found, we continue on as intended, back to our more familiar and fitting trek, being able to consider this side jaunt a tourist day, seeing the Duke's lands and people; a little culture and seeing how the highest nobility (assuming he isn't a Royal Duke) in the land, below an arch-duke of course, handles his demesnes and the state of affairs.

So remember the plan, in short is:

Lionel and Ryorst go to the Duke's. I go in and try to get info independent of them. They get done, we come back here where you all are waiting, hopefully only a short time, and barring some immediate vital information, continue to the north. Simple as that, everything and everybody is acknowledged, a definite course of immediate action, and a follow-up course of action are both established, and things continue onward."

He tacks surreptitiously tucks a few items of clothing into his garment, in order to use them later to disappear into the rest of the people at the Duke's.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.