Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 105 of 590

OOC: Do either of our sorcerers have a familiar? - Page 105 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Feb, 2010 - 8:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 590 pgs.  101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
27th Feb, 2010 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 105

OOC: Ok guys and gals, check this over if you would please, and post any changes wanted and I'll try to post to PL ASAP if the other remaining names happen in fairly shortly.

INSIDE THE DUKE'S

Lionel:
"Thank you", Lionel the officer as he readies to go in, he unpacks his best cloths to take with him, and anything else he may need. While going with the officer into the manor, he starts a conversation with him. Lionel looks around, to see what splendors the Duke has, and who is there. He asks the officer, "This is a splendid manor, not as great as was my father's palace mind you, but still impressive for the rank of a duke. So tell me what is your name officer, and what can you tell me about this Duke Thermwood that I will be meeting?"

ooc: I make a spot check (19, counts mod) and charisma check (17, counts mod)

Ryorst:
Ryorst followed Lionel a few paces behind, careful to keep an ear out for anything that seems important or unusual.
Listen check, 1d20 rolled. After bonuses I get a 19.
Ryorst, please roll at least one D12 also - GM seems to use these as the dice for perception checks, I don't know why, but it's been consistent, I think. Generally when a player knows pretty much they need to roll something, we've been making 2 rolls of 1D6, 1D12, 1D20. Had to roll a D10 once or twice but it doesn't seem to be common, so when you DO want to roll for something, just make a whole block of rolls so they're there if the GM needs them, both the dice you think you'll need, and also an extra or backup die in case 2 rolls were needed for something.

Namdar:
"I wonder why this is such a crap shoot? I hear dissatisfaction with the Duke in some capacity, but nothing specific - how can one be 'generally' displeasing, but not in any way you could point to? This is puzzling. And I still wonder how long this is going to take - we need to coordinate between the inside and outside groups as much and as efficiently as possible."

The half-orc decides to 1.) follow-up on the best, most likely places and people where he seemed to get the most useful and talkative information about the Duke's lack of screaming supporters, attempting to get an idea of how long an audience usually lasts, including the waiting and such - if it's typically a few hours, a day, etc. 2.) He also wants to keep an eye on Grue to make sure he's ok in the stables, and 3.) lastly, to see if there is any suitable candidate to be "shadowed" that might lead Namdar to some other person or place that might provide more info on this place, the Duke, orcs, etc.

Rolls:
1D6 (init.?): 1/+ DexBon = 2, 4/+1 = 5

1D12 (perc.?): 9, 11 (no adjust; I have: *F: Investigator, 2 Listen,
3 Search, 2 Spot)

1D20: 15, 13 (no adjust: I have: 2 Bluff, 3 Diplomacy, 3 Disguise, 3 Gather Info, 2 Intimidate, 2 Perform: Act, 2 Sense Motive, 2 Hide, 3 Move Silent)

OUTSIDE:

Beast:
Beast thinks that (hunting for deer with Oliron) is the best thing he has heard so far and nods happily.

ooc: Oliron I vote for you to be the leader of the outside group and like post what we're doing. How long we going to wait here? We shouldn't be in view but somewhere off where we can see the gate but they can't see us.

Oliron:
If we did leave the trail we could have someone climb a tree like we did before, to be like the lookout and watch the gate.

"Does anyone else want to come with to hunt deer?" Oliron unstraps his breastplate and sticks with just leather armor for the hunt then checks his bow and arrows.

While doing this he poses the question, "Should we get off the road and set up some sort of lookout?" "I think Lionel or Namdar will most likely contact us tomorrow at some point." "Probably more towards the evening, if not the next day."

Skedvick:
Skedvick can use his tracking abilities to pick up any deer tracks, though from Oliron's experience, deer are not relatively hard to find. Their trails and scat can usually be found with relative ease.
1D6: 6, 1 (with +2 mods for Dex/Init = 8, 3)
1D12: 6, 10 (no mods; skills: listen 2 + 0 = 2, search 1 + 3 = 4, spot 1 + 0 = 1)
1D20: 4, 13 (no mods; skills: use rope 4, knowldg: nature 5, Ranged Attack +3)

Pending: Krusten, Pundit

Sponsored Links:
27th Feb, 2010 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: Alright, I rolled more dice as suggested. My totals, after applying my +4 rank, and my -1 WIS mod, are:

2d20: 11, 19
2d12: 6, 9
2d6: 8, 9

If you need them for any other reason, without the effective +3, they are:

2d20: 8, 16
2d12: 3, 6
2d6: 5, 6

27th Feb, 2010 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Born Free says...

ooc: Just for clarity. We are two days walk from where we were. The leader and two others including Lionel went in to meet the Duke. So the decision now is whether we wait or go back two days to find orcs?

27th Feb, 2010 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Page 105 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: I quess my vote is to stay and wait for someone from the inside group to report back to the outside group. If we just up and leave the inside group will have no clue were we are. They may only be gone for a day also and this hole thing would be cleared up soon, maybe. Just a suggestion but lets go hunting deer, we might run into some orcs or something. Also maybe do some scouting on the surrounding area, who knows what information we might stumble on.

No Modifiers
2d6 = 2,3
2d8 = 1,5
2d10 = 6,3
2d12 = 7,7
2d20= 15,2 : if needed

28th Feb, 2010 - 12:12am / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Born Free says...

ooc: I agree with you Oliron but I also agree with Play, we should just hang here. We need to keep an eye on the gate some place where they can't do the same on us.

* Krusten doesn't like this situation she notes the division in the party's goals and actions. She remains more alert now for any trouble. *

SA: Stick around for awhile but remain alert and out of sight of the soldiers.

28th Feb, 2010 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

ooc: I also agree with that. Since the reason we stayed out here is a mistrus of the whole Duke situation then why relax now and just remain outside, it won't make any sense to do that. This is another reason there should have been an exact plan about when to expect them back so we can know up to what time to give them before we move on.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Feb, 2010 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 105

ooc: Yes Pundit, I thought of how we would know when they were done only after they had gone in. As it seems we all did. Though I think Namdar, in his mode of sneak and gathering side information, he should be ok if the Duke turns on Lionel. Pundit your logic of, we should hide because that is our mindset, is key. I think you are very right in saying this and we should.

Oliron poses actions to the party:

"Should we get off this road into the west woods here a bit and look for a good camp that can be hidden?" "We can set a rope up in a tall tree and take turns watching the gate." "I was thinking if we soaked a bit of cloth in oil and attached it to an arrow." "The person on guard could shoot the arrow down into a fire, wether smoldering or lit, if they see some unknown body approaching." Oliron shrugs.

"Skedvick, Beast, and I are also going off to hunt some deer in the western woods." "Pundit, Krusten, you are welcome to join if you like." Oliron smiles.

ooc: So, I am guessing this sounds good to all. If anyone else has any suggestions on how to do this differently or whatever, please post so. Otherwise I suppose we are offering up this set of actions to JPatt for Party Leader Posting.

28th Feb, 2010 - 8:25am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 105

OOC: Do either of our sorcerers have a familiar? If so, is either of them a Raven? Ravens speak Common, if I recall, and can be used effectively to relay information between groups when the party splits up. Also, you guys might want to talk to the guards, nicely, and see if you can befriend them, or gather any further information from them about their personal thoughts, rather than their duties. Just a few thoughts.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.