Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 121 of 590

Oliron stands stiff with sword in hand, not - Page 121 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Mar, 2010 - 6:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 590 pgs.  117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
18th Mar, 2010 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 121

international QUOTE (Rentok @ 15-Mar 10, 11:30 PM)
Ryorst sighs, well, he WAS looking forward to a fight, but fighting like this seemed rather pointless. Better to have followed him unknown and found out what he was doing... Or at least have tried to ASK him. Though since things were already started, Ryorst might as well join in.

Depending on the distance between Ryorst and the horseman, he will either throw the keg, or roll it at the horse, and then move towards the man, drawing his flail and screaming.

(
OOC: No mods applied
2d20: 20, 15
2d12: 10, 4
2d8: 5, 1
2d6: 6, 4

I'm not sure, but that looks suspiciously like a critical hit with a keg of ale. Maybe not though.
)

OOC: I'll just re-post this so that people don't miss it, since I posted it prematurely. It still fits the situation quite effectively.

Sponsored Links:
19th Mar, 2010 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Now that didn't go to well now did it.

"Watch out for that tree limb!"

Roll - was that supposed to be a d20? Here it is: 9

We need to head back south to the farmers.

19th Mar, 2010 - 1:23am / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Born Free says...

ooc: That's kind of unfair! If I saw him doing that then I would have immediately released my arrows. he would of had time to get away either.

* Flashing lights and falling trees doesn'tt make any big impact on Krusten, she's been there and done that before. *

Enough of this, we make our way to the south and finish off this... This... This...

* Krusten has to admit she does not know who or what just caused the magick. *

19th Mar, 2010 - 1:58am / Post ID: #

Page 121 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: I don't think he's actually GONE anywhere, just that he's starting to flee. If that's the case, you can still hit him with those arrows. If that's NOT the case, then yeah, highly unfair. How are we supposed to fight enemies who can hit us and then run before we get an action?

19th Mar, 2010 - 7:05am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Before the half-orc can launch his clever plan to unseat the hooden figure, the being looks a little too directly at the Sumite's location - Namdar's eyes widen and he makes a desperate leap and tumbling roll as searing arcs of lightning tear through the trees, burning leaves and branches to smoldering cinders, missing his own flesh by inches. "By the -!" he is barely able to exclaim before limbs and trunks crack and splinter, toppling toward him and other nearby surprised bodies.

GM: Not sure precisely what dice need rolled, but I'll roll 2D6 (4,4), 2D12 (1,1) and 2D20 (13,19). Man I hope those are good rolls. Assuming he's not DOA:

Namdar lies stomach-first on the ground, leaves and blackened wood covering his back, partially propped up on his hands and staring at the ground in temporary shock. Finally she shakes it off and climbs unsteadily to his feet, looking around. "Is... Is everyone else alright? Is anyone hurt?!" he calls, as the figure gallops away.

"Well... I... ", he searches for words. "I think that might have been poor judgment." he finishes with no attempt at saving face. "That such a person is somehow connected to the Duke... Right now I am absolutely clueless as to what this means for us at this minute. How does this affect our relation with the Duke - is he allied with this enemy, is he ensorcelled? What about Lionel? Is he still even alive in there?!"

The half-orc turns to run back to the palace, but one knee gives out and he trips over his own feet and falls to the ground again, still not quite ready for that sort of coordination just yet.

"The wizard wields fell power in his magicks, but he is still just a man... Probably. His own attempt at intimidation and pretending he might be something beyond mortal under that accursed hood is surely a mere ploy. We can take him but we will need a much better setup to be able to minimize his ability to threaten us with his arcane powers." Namdar rises and slowly begins to gather up his buckler and weapons, still shaking his head and looking worriedly at the palace.

OOC: Well... This is a bit of a stumper. We obviously don't pursue or fire at the figure, I don't think we can take a potential direct blast from another lightning bolt or fireball, it could hit all of us. But so what about Lionel? And the Duke? How is this all connected? What would we do back at the farmer's, Pundit? Which farmer?

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 19th Mar, 2010 - 7:12am

19th Mar, 2010 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

ooc: Leave Lionel behind for now, as I think he is currently safe. I see no clear danger, as of yet, with this plan, as this wizard (sorcerer)/adviser seem to be the real treat, not the Duke. It is also helpful that it seem the wizard (sorcerer)/adviser is going to be gone for (hopefully) at least a day. Please though have someone meet up with Lionel one last time so he can get all the facts and evidences the group has that Lionel does not, as I can then have Lionel plan accordingly.
As an example how powerful the wizard (sorcerer)/adviser is, also what was found from the horse boy, exc.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 19th Mar, 2010 - 1:18pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Mar, 2010 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 121

OOC: Well, I wasn't in the trees, so my rolls, assuming this was an attack on us that we have no way to return, were useless. Meaning I just stood there doing nothing... Twice. Grrrreeeeeaaaaaaat. And I was SO looking forward to attacking a horse with a keg of ale. I mean, with a 20, 15. It seems like, I rolled a critical, but then, even if 15 is lower than his AC, I still hit, don't I? Not that it matters, since those of us in the trees seem to have stood around gaping as he fled, apparently deciding to let him go after he attacked our friends... OK, so they're not really very close as my friends as of yet, but they're allies at the least, even Krusten.

Reconcile Edited: Rentok on 19th Mar, 2010 - 5:12pm

19th Mar, 2010 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 121

Oliron stands stiff with sword in hand, not sure when he actually pulled it from its scabbard. His eyes and mouth are opened wide as Oliron mentally thanks Pelor he is not a smoldering ash pile upon the ground. Slowly he regains composure and checks to see if everyone is ok.

ooc: Yeah that was a waste of time. Sorry guys and gals, I just saw it as the best course of action. Namdar and Ryorst were going to try and dismount him whatever I did. Anyways, I figured a good bluff might solve the problem. To the south then, after probably Namdar goes in and tells Lionel whats going on. As he has to get his horse. Also I am wondering do we go back to sleep or are we skipping that? Oliron can go with little or no sleep. Also I feel your pain Ryorst, I hate to see a natural 20 go to waste like that.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 19th Mar, 2010 - 6:03pm

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.