Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 124 of 590

This is what I will post in the PL shortly, - Page 124 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Mar, 2010 - 8:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 590 pgs.  120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
21st Mar, 2010 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 124

Oliron is shocked to see the hooded figure take such a blow. As of that moment right after the lightning bolt he is focused on making sure the party members in its blast are ok and not pinned under a branch or seriously hurt. Quickly surveying the scene, seeing that everyone is relatively ok, he draws his bow and notches an arrow. Then, remembering the hooded figures words, fires on him.

2d20 = 10, 22 with mods.
2d6 = 1, 3

Sponsored Links:
21st Mar, 2010 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Seeing all the is transpiring makes Beast excited, he charges forward hoping to become the hero of the day... But then something speaks to him and reminds him he should not fight to kill but to try and capture the hooded creature to make him talk. Beasts shouts to the others,

"We need the bastard alive!"

SA: I will attack but not like for blood just to subdue him so he can talk.

Rolls: (my rolls always have modifiers) 1d20: 19,20
1d12: 10,8

21st Mar, 2010 - 5:12am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Namdar blinks as the keg sails through the air and crashes into the wizard's back, stunning him, to the half-orc's great surprise - idly he wonders if the barrel broke and preciously expensive alcohol is draining away to nothing, because even though he takes no alcohol, he has an objective understanding of the value of... Well... Value.

Struggling to regain his equilibrium, Namdar charges at the apparently dazed figure on the plodding horse, hoping to leap up and knock or pull him off, and waving others to also take advantage of this possibly single unique opportunity to get the drop on the figure and maybe spare peasants grisly deaths.

OOC: Wow, Ryorst! What a hit! I almost wish you hadn't been able to do it - what if we get up on him and the guy eats our lunch? -smile-

21st Mar, 2010 - 5:45am / Post ID: #

Page 124 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

ooc: If you guys are actually charging in the military sense, you get a bonus to your to hit roll I think. See Source 7

21st Mar, 2010 - 7:05am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ryorst runs in and swings his flail at the man, trying not to kill him.

OOC: Shall we all just attack with non-lethal damage? I mean, I think if I hit him with the flail, he'll probably fall off the horse. If Namdar wants to unseat him, that's just a Bull Rush, isn't it?

1d20: 13 (+6) (-4 For Nonlethal) = 15
1d10: 9 (+5) = 14

Reconcile Edited: Rentok on 21st Mar, 2010 - 7:08am

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2010 - 8:10am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

Seeing that the things are starting to get ugly, he realizes that being unarmed he is pretty ill prepared for the battle that seems to be erupt. Though if he is hit with a lightening attack, that might pose additional danger. Judging by the power of the thunder he realizes he is not that much outclassed so taking care in not to be in the same line with another makes his way into range needed. His eyes stare to the hooded figure his stare being so intense that could knock you down.(Ready action to cast hypnotize as interrupt if the hooded figure turns to the group to cast a spell initiative roll:
11 +1 = 12 with modifiers spell DC 14 +1 -2 for being cast in combat= 13 the number of round that it will last will be 4).

Further realizing that this is not the time for introductions he refrains from speaking. A smile can be seen in his face as if he had accomplished something already.

OCC: if he gets the chance to cast the spell he will disguise it as a conversation saying:
"My good sir is certainly not polite to stroll around with your head covered behind a hood. This makes people suspicious.You are both outnumbered and outclassed so for your safety surrender (suggestion) we are all reasonable people and you can trust us"
He will not cast the spell if attacks of opportunity occur. If the other wizard decides to cast a spell I guess he probably take a full round action to avoid attacks of opportunity, that places his action at the end of the round after everyone else had played so my character can cast the spell then, giving the chance to the rest of the group to stop attacking and not interrupt the spell.
It seems that some spell descriptions are different in my players handbook than what the resources you had posted report, so double check me if I use a version of the spell the is not valid any more.

Reconcile Edited: Provokastora on 21st Mar, 2010 - 8:32am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Mar, 2010 - 1:07am / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 124

Born Free says...

OOC: Krusten already had her arrows ready to go and I gave my rolls I think so nothing else for me to do really just waiting to see what the hodded guy is all about.

22nd Mar, 2010 - 8:17am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 124

This is what I will post in the PL shortly, so any last minute posts can be made here - hurry, this is a limited time offer. (smile) Note: Is anyone able to do an actual 'charge', or 'bull rush' or whatever? I guess anyone that can, will, if you deem it appropriate, KN.

1. Namdar
The half-orc charges and leaps toward the figure, basically aiming to do whatever he can to take him down off his horse to the ground, be it a tackle, grapple, shield bash or pommel strike. (OOC: go with whatever non-lethal attack allows me the best chance to hit the guy and get him off the horse)
ROLLS (unadjusted):
D6: 3, 6
D12: 11, 8
D20: 19 (woohoo!), 11

2. Oliron
He draws his bow and notches an arrow. Then, remembering the hooded figures words, fires on him.
2d20 = 10, 22 with mods.
2d6 = 1, 3

3. Krusten
She remains hidden in the woods, if possible, arrows notched. If the figure recovers and seems to be a threat again, she'll fire her two arrows. "Should anything funny play out she knows when to fire them."
SA: Quiet in woods with arrows ready.
Rolls:
2d20: (modifier included) 20, 7
1d6: 6, 4

4. Beast
SA: I will attack but not like for blood just to subdue him so he can talk.
Rolls: (my rolls always have modifiers)
1d20: 19,20
1d12: 10,8

5. Ryorst
Ryorst runs in and swings his flail at the man, trying not to kill him.
1d20: 13 (+6) (-4 For Nonlethal) = 15
1d10: 9 (+5) = 14

6. Skedvick
I'd like him to fire both his arrows as Called Shots at the figure's active hand, holding the reins or whatever, if possible - I've seen suggestions that you could either apply a "Ranged Disarm" penalty of -4, or that you double the Critical Hit range to get the desired result, but give penalties, etc. Not sure how you want to do it, if at all. Basically wanting to make sure the guy can't spur the horse into a trot (or throw lightning bolts), if unable to dismount him, but without lethal force. Maybe it takes one of the bow shot actions to Aim instead, and only one arrow is fired? I don't know.
ROLLS (unadjusted):
D6: 3, 3
D12: 10, 12
D20: 17, 20 (Nat - woo!)

7. Pundit
(NOTE: The below is what I will post in PL unless corrected)
Pundit is holding his action for now, until everyone else has gone, to see if he needs to use healing or cast a different spell, etc.
Rolls (if needed):
1d20: 8, 18

8. Lionel
This exchange doesn't involve him so... I guess he's doing whatever he was?

Lastly, this is beyond me, KN.

9. Provokastora
His eyes stare to the hooded figure his stare being so intense that could knock you down.(Ready action to cast hypnotize as interrupt if the hooded figure turns to the group to cast a spell
initiative roll: 11 +1 = 12 with modifiers
spell DC 14 +1 -2 for being cast in combat= 13
the number of round that it will last will be 4).
OCC: if he gets the chance to cast the spell he will disguise it as a conversation saying:
"My good sir is certainly not polite to stroll around with your head covered behind a hood. This makes people suspicious.You are both outnumbered and outclassed so for your safety surrender (suggestion) we are all reasonable people and you can trust us"
He will not cast the spell if attacks of opportunity occur. If the other wizard decides to cast a spell I guess he probably take a full round action to avoid attacks of opportunity, that places his action at the end of the round after everyone else had played so my character can cast the spell then, giving the chance to the rest of the group to stop attacking and not interrupt the spell.

Rather off topic, but...
OOC: Prov - still would very much appreciate it if you would edit your account profile to reflect your character's stats, name, etc. The Party Leader as well as GM and you also should be able to use all the info to help you easily reference all your important details and abilities, for when you post turns, etc.

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 22nd Mar, 2010 - 8:20am

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.