Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 19 of 174

Your aunt like plays AD&D too? That's - Page 19 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Jan, 2009 - 1:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 174 pgs.  15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 1st Jan, 2009 - 4:23am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 19

I use a D12 for sighting. Your high rolls with the d12 showed that you not only saw movement you actually saw what was moving. If you had rolled low you would have caught sight of some movement but not what moved. yes the d6 was for initiative. I made like rolls for all three orcs I rolled 2d6 for how many appeared at a time 2-12 and rolled a 1 and 2. (stupid dice) I rolled a 2, 4 and 5 for them spotting you so that was out of the question. A roll of 5 on the d6 did not mean anything if they did not see you to attack thus you all got first attack.

Sponsored Links:
1st Jan, 2009 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Yes it is different that you use a d12 for spotting, it is a d20 for spot checks but, I don't see a huge problem.

Normally the spotter rolls a d20 to spot against the d20 of the hidden.

And a d20 for listen against the d20 of the silent mover.

2nd Jan, 2009 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

international QUOTE (Kinihawke @ 30-Dec 09, 10:22 PM)
I was wondering if you would allow this class.

Dude no offence or anything but why can't you just join in and start with the regular classes? I mean you like just got here and need to actually join in and see if you like it and all.

Is it just me or we like getting a lot of people wanting to play their own version of D&D of late?

2nd Jan, 2009 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #

Page 19 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

So should Lionel just sit tight now that he has shot his bow, or shot again (how do we know when a turn goes by anywhy)? Is Lionel done for this battle sense he can't cast magic, (as far as I still tell, Lionel hasn't had his needed rest to enable him to more spells, I also think Krusten is running short as well)?
I ran out of my spell at this point in the game: Source 3
a bit more then half way down the page.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 2nd Jan, 2009 - 4:33pm

2nd Jan, 2009 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

You can reload to fire again, though it might mean firing into melee by the time you had it done. To me, I look at it this way, if it WERE me, and I was running around with this bunch of people, who I presumably am friends with in some way, what COULD and would I do during a combat, if I didn't have magic powers (like I don't in real life)?

You could move past the combat to keep an eye out for reinforcements, etc. Or provide a further distraction in some way - if you were super brave, I guess you could even get up there near combat and try to throw sand in an orc's eyes or a lasso around an orc's arm or something, I don't know, I just think there's many things you COULD do (not that you necessarily should), something unorthodox or something maybe. Those not in combat could spend the time working on hiding themselves really well and maybe reloading or something too.

That's the main drawback with wizards, to me, even when you get to Lightning Bolt/Fireball levels, I have never liked the Vancian magic system that D&D uses and the spells-per-day thing is a pain in the kiester, which I guess is why I have never played a single-class magic user.

2nd Jan, 2009 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

Do you have any ideas on good insults to throw at an orc to distracted the orcs from the real threats?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Jan, 2009 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 19

Hahah. Actually, my aunt, who played in an older group of ours, with her kids, scoured the internet and found a bunch of "Yo Mama" jokes that some poor nerd had translated into RPG/orc, like "Your mama is so ugly, she makes beholders close their eyes" and things like that. AWFUL awful stuff, but admittedly fitting for the genre.

3rd Jan, 2009 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 19

Your aunt like plays AD&D too? That's one cool aunt! You should invite her here minus like the orc insults just incase some are too heavy for here. laugh.gif

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.