Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 19 of 174

I think this sound pretty good, but I feel - Page 19 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Jan, 2010 - 9:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 174 pgs.  16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
2nd Jan, 2009 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 19

Hahah. Actually, my aunt, who played in an older group of ours, with her kids, scoured the internet and found a bunch of "Yo Mama" jokes that some poor nerd had translated into RPG/orc, like "Your mama is so ugly, she makes beholders close their eyes" and things like that. AWFUL awful stuff, but admittedly fitting for the genre.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jan, 2009 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Your aunt like plays AD&D too? That's one cool aunt! You should invite her here minus like the orc insults just incase some are too heavy for here. laugh.gif

3rd Jan, 2009 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I apologize to Lionel, sorry, Thomaslee for my posting - I wasn't trying to keep KNtoran from answering or to take over for him, I know Thomas is wanting answers from KNtoran, I was just giving my opinion on the situation and hope I was/am right and not misleading - maybe KN will read this and answer if he feels it necessary.

Rather off topic, but...
My aunt played and even once ran, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay - a bit out of touch and a very strict player/character, but did pretty well overall. She plays Runescape and WoW and Dragon Age a little bit, which isn't bad for a 45 year old woman who didn't used to play any rpgs at all, and she bought the newest Gauntlet game and we played it four-player on my cousin's Xbox 360 last night.

3rd Jan, 2009 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Page 19 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Dice Master says...

Jpatt, I do not think the Thread is limited to just KNtoran answering questions unless they are specific to the administration of how he runs his game. Plus Thomaslee does not specify a name so it seems he may actually be asking you.

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2009 - 4:53am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Anyone can answer questions in this thread as JB stated. I will answer specific questions asked to me but if no name is used anyone of you who have experience can answer questions. Takes some of the burden off me if you can answer their questions. smile.gif

Rather off topic, but...
Hey you Orc I heard that you can not beat up your own kid sister.

5th Jan, 2010 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran I was wondering if I could add this aspect to my character, for now it will only be small changes no true pros or cons to this, maybe latter but not now.

"I have many things I have left unsaid, many problems I hope I would never need to reveal. That night so long ago, has left more scars and trauma then I have let on, my mentor has helped with much of it, but where I wanted to get rid of what my trauma has create, he felt it could be used to make me stronger, so we had to part ways.
A few parts of this trauma have and will be seen so this day, you saw the change come over me today didn't you, my eyes darkening, and my cruel smile. To try and put it simply, I"m a good person, but when this darker aspect of my psyche takes control, I change from good to evil for a few moments. I grow more sadistic, and cruel in thought. It happens in times of great stress, battle, or worst of all anger. When I become angry I can go into what my master calls tranquil fury.
There is one good thing that came from my trauma I guess, it seems that no matter how much I face I am always calm, no matter how scary or horrible the threat, I am as calm as I can be. I think it is in part to my upbringing, but mostly, because I have to relive my greatest terrors each night, so nothing I face can compare to what I see when I sleep, reliving everything I saw when I lost everything.
I have gone into tranquil fury once, and let's just say, the person died a horrible and painful death. I have been in fear of myself for a long time; my mentor says I should learn how to use this aspect to help me in my goals, that it's possible to use it for good. Maybe he is right. But I don't think I can face myself to do that. He says it can make me stronger, and that as long as I live in fear of it, I will never meet my goals.
I had hoped that I would never have to tell the group of this problem, I still hope I don't have to, but I will if needed. I had hoped I had overcome this problem, I guess it just shows how long it been sense I have been in battle."Lionel finishes, "if you feel I am a threat to the group I will leave, but there are two things I know, one that I can't do this by myself, and two that I have never attacked a friend or someone I love, that is way I work so hard to make friends, because it's one of the only ways I can promise safety".

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 5th Jan, 2010 - 3:43pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Jan, 2010 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 19

Hmmm I will have to think about this for a time. I am not sure I like the fury that sounds too much like a berserkers rage that another class has as a attribute.

How about this. There are time in the night that you get night terrors over the stuff you have seen that makes you unable to relax enough for sleep. It will cause you to miss sleep and that will give you a -1 on saving and dexterity checks until you get a night of sleep. These night terrors occur on a roll of 1 or 2 on a d20. Every night when you stop to rest you must post to the party leader your roll for the night to see if you are able to sleep. I will also give you a controlled rage in combat on a roll of 1 on a d20 you go into a rage that is controlled but you get a +1 on attack and +1 damage for the melee rounds. If you go into this rage you will get the after jitters for 1d6 rounds after combat. Kind of like an adrenaline rush. Let me know if this works for you.

5th Jan, 2010 - 9:09pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 19

I think this sound pretty good, but I feel the need to point a few things out, one it is a calm fury, meaning that unlike a Barbarian Lionel will have more control over his actions, a "cold" anger does that make sense?
Two at least for now, Lionel is resisting this other side of himself. Three he will not be able to use the full benefits of the darker aspect without taking levels in a combative class. Four it will probably add some strain in party when he does use it, because his alignment is in affect changing to Neutral Evil for a few turns. And instead of after jitters, he needs to make some kind of roll to gain control of himself, like a will save, that will prevent him from making actions if he fails.
Also the roll to go into this rage should be up to you, at least at first, until he learns to better use this ability himself.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 5th Jan, 2010 - 9:36pm

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.