Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 21 of 174

I am continuing discussion on character development - Page 21 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Jan, 2010 - 7:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 174 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 5th Jan, 2010 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 21

Tell him your having bad dreams and you think that it may affect you when your awake. You can not tell him what it is per say because of all you have seen and dealt with. You would like him to try to help you if you sort of black out with out knowing it while in the party.

Sponsored Links:
6th Jan, 2010 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I'm curious as to the necessity to legislate Lionel's player-created character traits into the game mechanics, rather than leave it purely a roleplaying issue? It doesn't matter to me, and I am one who likes being able to say "yes" to creative ideas or developments players come up with, I'm just curious, though I can certainly understand it would also give a player an extra bit of something to do, especially those playing mages, who I have always thought were a bit unremarkable, even boring in some cases, even given their magical abilities - I feel it isn't usually a fair tradeoff.

6th Jan, 2010 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Well it wasn't exactly said, but that what we were both thinking, also what would be the point of it if Lionel wasn't both helped or hindered but this new twist?

6th Jan, 2010 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

Page 21 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I suppose if your character has a flaw, then he should have a gift of sorts to even it. One thought I had, kind of cool, is that Lionel can access a unique bonus spell when in his "cold anger / rage". Being that he is a sorcerer and his spells come from his will it could be anything.

I like the back story, it defiantly adds a new depth to your character Lionel. You have inspired me to rethink my character and "walk in his shoes" a little further, well done.

I hate to say this but, I'm concerned with the night terrors. In that you need sleep to be able to cast spells. Being that your main strength depends on having spells, I hope these terrors won't effect that. I like the idea, I just hope you will still get enough sleep.

6th Jan, 2010 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I think we have the idea for the night terrors not being every night, just that there is a chance of them coming. Also you bring out a good point with the spells/not getting good night sleep, I think that could be worked out to have negatives that don't involve spell use.

6th Jan, 2010 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

I think maybe you and I are not quite looking at the issue the same way so I'm not quite able to answer your question about what would be the point of having a character twist if you didn't get a hindrance or help. But like I said, I was just curious, not trying to argue for or against it being given a mechanic or dictate your play, so apologies if it did seem that way.

Oliron's post made me think of the idea of a "wild talent", which I can see as being fear/anxiety triggered (or low mental stamina and self-control), and as KN suggested, could be triggered on a certain low chance (though one number on a D20 is still 5%), but could go either way - magic or something could lash out, at enemies or friends or himself, maybe all or some combination, doing variable damage or having variable effects, like a random spell misfire table or something, I don't know exactly. That kind of a "flareup" would also likely be noticeable to any magic using and sensitive characters in the local area, at least in general, if not the specific location or nature.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Jan, 2010 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 21

The Dice Master says...

AD&D Companions

Just to let you guys know you have that option now (see the chicken above), please check the Member Wars Updates Thread: Source 6

6th Jan, 2010 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 21

I am continuing discussion on character development in Character Development Thread here Source 3

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.