Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 23 of 174

Geeesh take a couple days off and the whole - Page 23 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Jan, 2010 - 6:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 174 pgs.  19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 7th Jan, 2010 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 23

Thanks for the better highlight of the game thread JB. Yes getting e-mail notifications when someone posts in a thread means that you have subscribed to that thread. I have party leaders subscribed so I get the game updated as soon as I can.

Sponsored Links:
12th Jan, 2010 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Hey GM, Kntoran, I think our group needs to get a layout of the land, possibly even make a map. Our plan is to climb one or a few of the tallest trees in the visible area, to get a bird's eye view of the layout of the land, and see if anyone can spot anything useful, significant or indicative of orcs, etc.

Foxthorn, Krusten and Oliron are all going to climb, the same tree, maybe two, if better, helping each other along. There is Rope Use, Climb, high Dexterity and Spot , Search, Balance and KNowledge: Nature, Local, and Geography skills among them, which I feel should cover pretty much everything that could possibly be needed, that I can think of, for this task.

Who needs to roll what? I've directed everyone to roll 3 1D20s and 3 1D12s but I want to make sure. Thanks!

12th Jan, 2010 - 3:16am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I posted that I have climbed a tree, tied a rope and come back down. From what I can tell of my rolls this seems more than likely the conclusion.

I hope we can soon put some time limit on responses. Perhaps every other day the GM posts wether or not all the players have.

Namdar is very good at assessing the situation at hand and relating our actions.

This is just a rough opinion, and spoken in worry that 3 days to find out if we have climbed a tree and seen the land is to long.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2010 - 5:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 23 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Agreed, however if you check the solo game, you will see that I am responding the same day KNtoran posts, and it is still taking several days. It is not the party members who are slowing it down, as evident by the solo game where I have no party member. KNtoran just isn't replying very often, some schedule should definately be made. I vote for 1 response a day from Gm if party members don't make it in time then party leader can decide and roll for them. Other wise this one mission will take longer than a year.

12th Jan, 2010 - 5:32am / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Dice Master says...

international QUOTE (BadByrd)
Participation: 24%

Or the way I see it... You can start your own AD&D Games and GM it since after hiring KNtoran and paying him a salary you're not satisfied with his performance.

12th Jan, 2010 - 10:59am / Post ID: #

Ouch. And I see he has no more stats, so apparently he left the site. In a way, that is too bad, as he had potential and might have eventually come around to playing in a party, but then again, maybe not, and if so, not sure about his personality.

Such is the case with anyone I guess, and this makes me wonder, since this is the PBP Questions thread, if there should be some sort of criteria even for the player created games.

I understand the 30 posts for the WoM game, and know you can't really do that for AD&D as it would take too long and even potentially good players could lose interest if having to wait too long or jump through hoops, to join, but I agree, as said elsewhere, it is disappointing and even frustrating when people join and make a character then disappear. But again, a lot of that is just "That's the internet for you", even here.

I don't know if any of the one-shot players would have stuck around if they'd been able to have joined the party immediately instead of waiting for a certain point where it was more reasonably or thematically appropriate, to be introduced, or not, but then again, there is already a core party of about half a dozen people, which is larger than almost all group/games I ever played in, face to face, or even forum, for that matter.

And lastly, still wondering what anyone thinks about the more "visible" and enforced timetable idea for the game?

Oh and yeah, the tree thing.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jan, 2010 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 23

The Dice Master says...

He made a reply after that Post that got him deleted, but even before that I was monitoring his Posts. Nevertheless, just move on, he was not even in the Party anyway, he was only here because KNtoran was willing to run a solo game just for him because he could not get along in the Party, and even with that he was complaining.

Rather off topic, but...
What I try to get everyone here to understand is this:
1. When you come here understand that there are real people who have sometimes serious issues in their life but they take PART of their time to come share in a game. They are not being paid to do so, therefore telling them they need to be here everyday and making demands is not fair. When KNtoran started AD&D he did not make a blood commitment about how often he will be here.

2. We have MANY RPGs here, get involved in the others or even create your own, in this way when one RPG is awaiting someone you have the next one to check and the next one to check and so forth.

3. Get to know each other outside of fantasy. This site is firstly about Constructive Discussion, yet there are mature level games, it does not stop anyone from Discussing various RPGs on the RPG Board for instance, talking about Religion, Politics or whatever. Maybe even dropping by KNtoran's Thread, reading his Blog finding out how he is, and maybe why he is not here.

I did make suggestions in the AD&D Rules Thread but it is up to KNtoran if he wants to apply them. Members are free to create their own AD&D Scenarios and GM them. Recruiting players may be difficult but you can run at your own paste.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2010 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 23

Geeesh take a couple days off and the whole place falls apart. smile.gif I think we have a good core group and others will always come and go. We will have to see if the group stays together or if they drift apart and I end up running three to four scenarios.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.