Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 32 of 174

That is good news! I was just getting - Page 32 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Mar, 2010 - 4:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 174 pgs.  28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
28th Feb, 2010 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 32

Ok from that angle I can see we are basically saying the Duke is the real plot point at this point and the orcs were just to lead us to this. Now that we have been introduced to the next part of the plot it is counterproductive to still hang onto wanting to kill orcs.

However I do not think this is true. Even if the Duke gives us some great task that requires our immediate attention. Oliron would not just up and forget about the orcs. Also the information we are seeking from the Duke is tied to the orcs. Furthermore anything past killing orcs for a low level party might be certain death. We are out on a limb fighting these things as it is.

Sponsored Links:
28th Feb, 2010 - 11:35am / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Hmm those are some points.

I don't think the "kill the orcs/collect gold" aspect is DONE, I just think it is, not marginalized but rather superseded by the more immediate Duke situation, assuming he is particularly relevant, and hopefully whatever gets decided will help lead right back into the orc situation so everything can continue smoothly.

I also agree your character would not just say "Oh, the Duke? Nevermind the orcs and burning farms then." so I appreciate your difficulty in coming up with any easily believable reason for Oliron to not just charge off to the north immediately. To me, sometimes for my characters, it's times like that when further character development, based on the events in the game, compel me to to actually modify, clarify or even contradictively/retroactively re-write earlier establishing posts, as being more minor issues, but highlighting a current situation as being the more pressing. I'm not suggesting you do that, only that that is one of the options I tend to consider for my own characters when I'm in such a situation.

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2010 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I can tell you what is happening but it is fun watching you figuring this all out. smile.gif

Nothing says that the Duke is involved but then again nothing says he is not. You may well be surprised where the real treasure lies.

1st Mar, 2010 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

Page 32 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Dice Master says...

KNtoran, just wanted to interject and let you know that someone else signed up for a Character in case you are looking to get them into the current game. You may also wish to visit the Welcome section to see those who have questions about AD&D. Thanks.

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2010 - 3:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I need to look in the welcome section more I guess. Thanks for the heads up JB.

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2010 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Carried over from AD&D Characters For Play By Post
JB said:

international QUOTE
Who had "powers that be" that said you needed an Avatar to participate in AD&D? If you have Questions please ask in the AD&D Questions Thread.

international QUOTE
No, like I said, if you want to participate there you need to get an Avatar for your character, I gave you the link as an Offtopic in the Village Tavern Thread.

That and the fact my last post in the Tavern was deleted made me believe that it is required to have an avatar to post in the RPG area. But I'm working on it slow but sure.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Mar, 2010 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 32

The Dice Master says...

This is the Member Wars section which means there are multiple RPGs within this Board. To participate in my personal RPG: "The Village Tavern" all I require is that you have an Avatar. In KNtoran's AD&D he does NOT have a requirement. Each RPG has Rules and Requirements - there are many RPGs here so before participating check out the rules for that RPG and if you are still unsure just ask questions in that RPG's Support Thread or your Intro Thread if there is not Support Thread for it. Therefore, you have met all requirements for participating in AD&D.

Rather off topic, but...
FP is important here nevertheless, so I recommend Posting 5-6 Posts daily. At your current Posting rate you will never earn enough to make any impact.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2010 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 32

That is good news! I was just getting kicked out of the tavern and not the village. If only I had a dollar for every time that has happened to me. Well in that case if it is okay with KNtoran not to have an avatar for a few days I would like to join the game when possible. Thank you for clearing that up JB. In the mean time I will study the FAQs to better understand the rules.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.