Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 39 of 174

Magic is not always the only way but it is - Page 39 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Mar, 2010 - 8:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 174 pgs.  35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 19th Mar, 2010 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 39

That may not be the wisest course for those of good alignments. But it is a choice that is open.

Sponsored Links:
19th Mar, 2010 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

What's the usual ways to make a dumb orc smarter besides magic or is magic the only way?

19th Mar, 2010 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I think magic is the only way. Once you reach level four you can raise an attribute but personally I think it would be a waste for a fighter.

19th Mar, 2010 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Page 39 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Heck I'm on 3! I'm just above being an animal. You can't get worst than that, I need to get it up some so I don't like keep running into battle and tripping over stuff or worst running into the enemy.

Strange thing is I'm very wise so I don't know how that works.

19th Mar, 2010 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Well, I've seen dogs that are wise enough to save people from drowning, but still can't operate a pair of scissors.

19th Mar, 2010 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

That is a good point. That is a common discussion I have come across. How do Int and Wis attributes play out in the character.

Do you play the character as a mentally impaired person, as a yoda type, or idiot savant ect . . . I think you are role playing him well.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: It is not necessary to quote the entire post of the user above you. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Mar, 2010 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 39

Thank you Oliron. I was thinking that Beast probably is like wise enough to know what the party is doing and stuff like that but he is not like smart enough to know why things work the way they do, you know like nothing technical.

Rather off topic, but...
Its funny because in future earth I like play a scientist... Go figure.

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2010 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 39

Magic is not always the only way but it is the easiest. As you go up in level every fourth level you can add a point to any attribute. In my worlds there are all kinds of magics that can greatly effect a character. Some are seen as a bonus others not so much. I have learned a lot about colored mists from a old DM friend of mine and I use them in my worlds. Colored mists are not always your friend.

The way I think of intelligence and wisdom are as follows. Intelligence is how smart you are. Wisdom is how well you use your smarts. Even a person with a 3 or 4 intelligence has the wisdom to know when not to touch fire or to walk off a cliff. Just because your low on intelligence does not mean your dumb. Intelligence can be book smarts and wisdom street smarts.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.