Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 40 of 174

Is it common knowledge for inhabitants of - Page 40 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Mar, 2010 - 1:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 174 pgs.  36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
19th Mar, 2010 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 40

This I got from [..], but it can also be found in the Player's Handbook.

international QUOTE
Intelligence determines how well you learn and reason. Wisdom describes a person's willpower, common sense, perception, and intuition. While Intelligence represents one's ability to analyze information, wisdom represents being in tune with and aware of one's surroundings. An "absent-minded professor" has high intelligence but low wisdom. A simpleton (low intelligence) might still have great insight (high wisdom). Charisma measures a person's force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness. Charisma represents actual strength of personality, not merely how one is perceived by others in a social setting.

Go to link if you would like a bit more if description by reading the whole thing, so I would check it out. Also you can search "High Wisdom, Low Intelligence" or "Intelligence versus Wisdom", exc.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Linking to external sites or referencing them for the sake of "look at this" is not allowed here and is considered a form of spamming. Place page number. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Mar, 2010 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Intelligence (Int) - Intelligence determines how well your character learns and reasons. This ability is important for wizards because it affects how many spells they can cast, how hard their spells are to resist, and how powerful their spells can be. It's also important for any character who wants to have a wide assortment of skills. Ref. Source 3

20th Mar, 2010 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

international QUOTE
In my worlds there are all kinds of magics that can greatly effect a character. Some are seen as a bonus others not so much. I have learned a lot about colored mists from a old DM friend of mine and I use them in my worlds. Colored mists are not always your friend.

Could you explain more on colored mists? I have never heard of this before. Is it sort of like Ion Stones, but only in a certain location like a spring?

20th Mar, 2010 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

Page 40 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Play you're funny man. You're worried about how dumb your character is while mine looks like he had bad plastic surgery. I wonder if I visit the town's local beautician if she can do something for me? laugh.gif

20th Mar, 2010 - 2:25am / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

He may be talking about "Prismatic Mist", which come the colors made by a prism, and each "level" of color has a different affect, the highest level potentially killing you. Stunning, Paralyzing, Blinding, Deafening"¦ All these could happen with a "Prismatic" spell, whither spay, mist, or wall.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 20th Mar, 2010 - 2:25am

20th Mar, 2010 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma tend to be the dump stats, with intelligence or wisdom being an exception depending on if you're playing a Cleric of Wizard I think - and then people that used them poorly decide they'd like them to be higher. You DO see this a lot and I don't know any good obvious solution. If you want to play in character, it seems you would reflect some deficiency, though the only in-game effect it has is low skill checks.

I think it depends on what you consider "intelligence" - memory? logic and deductive reasoning? understanding of abstract concepts? scientific principles? relationships between things? You could even, as noted, interpret "intelligence" as academic or "above normal" intelligence, like elite schooling and such, having nothing to do with common smarts (except in skill checks).

The example I remember from redbox D&D was "Intelligence is knowing it's raining, Wisdom is knowing to get out of it", so just exactly what KN said, one is knowledge, the other is how to apply it - the difference between armchair and practical experience.

But this as someone that doesn't like strict interpretations of these qualities in a game, and definitely not splitting them into two, which I think is ridiculous.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Mar, 2010 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 40

A mist is like a fog or something similar to that. Normally they are white or clear. IF perchance you saw a colored mist moving your way like a deep blue or a bright red or even a purple it may not be in your best interest to go into it. Some times it can not be avoided. These mists have a tendency to change certain things about characters. Like a gal now needing to shave because she grows a beard. Or a fighter having to relearn his sense of balance because he grew a tail. A person with a high strength is now normal strength or a low intelligence character is now average. So yeah colored mists are something to fear in my world.

21st Mar, 2010 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 40

Is it common knowledge for inhabitants of your world to avoid coloured mists if possible, or shall we have to learn that by trial-and-error? Oh, and what was that about Charisma being a dump stat? I mean, unless you're doing a strictly dungeon crawl campaign, NPC interaction plays a big role of most campaigns. Oh, and Bards. Bards should, if possible, try to start with a +5 CHA mod.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.