Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 41 of 174

You have to remember having a familiar is - Page 41 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Mar, 2010 - 10:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 174 pgs.  37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
21st Mar, 2010 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 41

international QUOTE (rpgpundit @ 20-Mar 10, 2:04 AM)
You're worried about how dumb your character is while mine looks like he had bad plastic surgery.

I figure we can be like a good duo... Sir Ugly and Sir Dumb here to save the damsel in distress.

Thanks guys for like laying out the intelli / wisdom thing for me. At least I know what my sword is for and where to land it in battle.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Mar, 2010 - 3:17am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

This is why I wanted to have a question thread. This helps everyone understand some of the things about AD&D and it helps people learn more even during a game. This thread is where you can ask the GM anything and I will try to answer as best as I can. I will give advise but not tell you the direction you need to go. smile.gif

22nd Mar, 2010 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

GM will you be updating us on damage we take or do we have to keep track of that ourselves - re the last lightning bolt vs. Saving throw.

Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2010 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 41 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I am keeping track of it but you may want to also in case I make a mistake. I tend to do that now and then.

27th Mar, 2010 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I was reading around and had some extra time so I thought I might try and shed some light on the wizard spell thing.

international QUOTE
plus three 1st-level spells of your choice. For each point of Intelligence bonus the wizard has, the spellbook holds one additional 1st-level spell of your choice

By this, the character Provokastora would have seven first level spells to choose from when memorizing daily spells. Of those seven available spells the wizard can choose to memorize four first level spells a day. Those can be divided into four different spells or be stacked allowing a single spell to be cast multiple times, but cannot exceed 4 total spells being cast per day.

international QUOTE
if I am allowed to pick 6 spells instead of 4 at level 1, the 2 extra spells being magic weapon and minor image)

So, I quess you would get one more spell by my count. I don't know if you want it but you are allowed seven if you like. Also I don't know how KNtoran wants to do learning new spells. I have played with GM's who simply let you pick what you like and others who make you roll a percentile to see if you are capable of learning it. Once playing a Wizard with such a GM I was unable to learn magic missile and mage armor by some bad rolls. This really had me down for a bit but I found ways around it and it made me a better player I think in the long run.

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2010 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes I understand that a Wizard gets more spells to start and I have no problems with that. I made that post so that those who are Sorcerers would understand. I let people pick their spells they start with. After that they have to buy or find other spells if they wish to learn. So when a person makes second level they do not get to pick any spells. They have those they learned before they set out on their own and any spells they happened to find while adventuring.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Mar, 2010 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 41

Sounds about right, I was just noticing we have three magic users and no one has a familiar. Lionel says he is doing a thing with his feats or something that takes away his ability for a familiar in exchange for another ability. I can understand that. Krusten says she doesn't want one right now because she feels it would take away from her character development. In my opinion a familiar would add more to the character but, thats me. Lastly what about this new wizard?

I would like to ask Provokastora if he is planning on having one or does he already and the party doesn't know? The matter of 100gp is a bit of a problem but seeing as how we will most likely be running into some more gold here one way or the other I thought I would bring it up. They are a very useful thing, especially for a lvl 1 party.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 27th Mar, 2010 - 10:42pm

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2010 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 41

You have to remember having a familiar is not always a good thing especially as a lower level mage. If your familiar dies you lose 1/3 of your hit points. If you in the middle of a fight and hurt that can kill you. As many mages usually wait till they are of fourth or higher level before looking for a familiar it does not surprise me that no one has one as of yet. Some times a familiar finds you while your adventuring. You never know with mages. smile.gif

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.