Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 43 of 174

I use a d12 for spot and moods. IF your just - Page 43 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd May, 2010 - 7:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 174 pgs.  39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2010 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 43

Yes you are correct the number of spells known are different than the spells you are able to use per day as a sorcerer. Just to make it clear we are using the 3.5 edition rules.

Sponsored Links:
28th Apr, 2010 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Hey everybody - I have an appointment in like 10 mins so may not be able to post today til late, probably Thu morning for me, so if you all get to a point where you've got another turns worth of actions, Oliron or someone ought to post in the PL thread if you want to move things on today, otherwise I should be back after that, if people have actions/turns ready.

29th Apr, 2010 - 2:39am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

international QUOTE
I'm not sure, did I actually cast my spell or do we still need to do it? I guess I am asking if detect magic only detects but doesn't tell you what it is?

This is a quote from Krusten, I am only posting it here because I think these are GM questions and thought it best to transfer them here, as I am unable to give a truly accurate answer.

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2010 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 43 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The spell detect magic only tells you if a item is magical or not. It will not tell you the magic that is in the item. It takes a Identify spell to tell you what the magic is on a item. smile.gif She did not cast the spell yet but I figured she would sooner or later.

29th Apr, 2010 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

international QUOTE
2nd Round of detect magic: Number of different magical auras and the power of the most potent aura.3rd Round of detect magic: The strength and location of each aura. If the items or creatures bearing the auras are in line of sight, you can make Spellcraft skill checks to determine the school of magic involved in each. (Make one check per aura; DC 15 + spell level, or 15 + half caster level for a nonspell effect.)

When detect magic identifies a magic item's school of magic, this information refers to the school of the spell placed within the potion, scroll, or wand, or the prerequisite given for the item. The description of each item provides its aura strength and the school it belongs to.

If more than one spell is given as a prerequisite, use the highest-level spell. If no spells are included in the prerequisites, use the following default guidelines.

Item Nature /School

Armor and protection items/Abjuration

Weapons or offensive items/Evocation

Bonus to ability score, on skill check, etc./Transmutation

With that we can get an idea of what it may do, and the strength

Also anyone not proficient will suffers a -4 to attack rolls using the longsword so it should go to a fighter or someone with martial weapon proficiency.

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2010 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I am well aware of what the book says about detect magic. She can detect there are magics in the sword and the kinds of magic but it will still take an identify magic spell to know exactly what the sword is.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd May, 2010 - 9:02am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 43

Hi I keep noticing people rolling d12's and were just wondering if I am rolling the wrong things, what are they for?

Post Date: 2nd May, 2010 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 43

I use a d12 for spot and moods. IF your just wandering in the forest and happen to look at the right time and place you may spot something. This is what the D12 is for. IF your actively looks at a wall to spot something or stopped and searching for something a d20 spot check in the skill of spot is what I will use.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.