Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 45 of 174

But what happened to my round 1 attack? Shouldn't - Page 45 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th May, 2010 - 10:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 174 pgs.  41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
5th May, 2010 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 45

Ok, I that makes sense. I wish screaming guy would have been a little more subtle but oh well.

Sponsored Links:
5th May, 2010 - 5:31am / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I thought we were 40 feet from the orcs? I have fast movement, my speed is 40 ft/round. I should have been able to make it there. I assume my intimidate accomplished nothing on any orc?

5th May, 2010 - 8:55am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Well, none of that reflected what I said I wanted to do, which was use cover of the trees and then the smoke, to sneak in behind or beside the orcs and drop caltrops while they were distracted, and get to the farmer and his wife and the children - I'm pretty sure that's what my post said, but I may have been unclear.

I remain mostly behind that plan, still wanting to drop caltrops if possible, to catch orcs off guard while they're not watching and to help prevent pursuit, and getting to the family and getting them out of the area, though it looks like I may also need to make sure to have my scimitar out as well, and wet my mouth and face covering first and use it both as a filter for the smoke and so I don't alarm the family. I'll make that post in the party thread and wait for the next round of player posts.

5th May, 2010 - 9:01am / Post ID: #

Page 45 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I need to know my distance from the orcs and if I can get within 20feet without being noticed, (the range of my sneak attack) are the orcs aware of what is going on out front and what are they armed with?

Post Date: 5th May, 2010 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Namdar. When you said you were going to get behind them as the rest of the party made a frontal attack that would put you by the barn. If you came out behind them as they toyed with the farmer as they turned to the attack they would have a much better chance of seeing you. The way the smoke is blowing it rises with the heat from the barn before the wind and it cooling brings it back down. This is about the tree line. This is why you could see the orcs and what they were doing and why they could see you. Yes it was 40 meters about and one person screaming does not really do much to intimidate about a dozen orcs.

Aive they are more distracted by a few screams from the front of the house. Two of them will move to head around to the other side. Leaving the one that is still cutting up the cow. As he is preoccupied you can get withing 10 ft or less.

5th May, 2010 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

If it was 40 ft, I should have hit an orc with that attack, or missed it if it's AC was actually high enough. My point is that 40 ft is close enough for me to move in and attack, 30ft base, +10 from Fast Movement. My math isn't THAT bad, is it?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th May, 2010 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 45

If you read the end of the post I tell you that it the end of round one and that your in melee range. Melee range is less than 10 ft. Remember a meter is a little more than a yard. smile.gif

5th May, 2010 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 45

But what happened to my round 1 attack? Shouldn't that have occurred?

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.