Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 46 of 174

OK let me try this. Round one: The party emerges - Page 46 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th May, 2010 - 8:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 174 pgs.  42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 5th May, 2010 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 46

Those have not been forgotten and will be taken care of at the start of round two. I just need a update.

Sponsored Links:
8th May, 2010 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

What? but there was no distance to close. I was already right next to my orc. They were 40ft away, and I had moved 40ft, since that's my range. That was in the round where we all took damage, and didn't deal any. So I was just confused as to why I didn't kill him before. And then I stood right next to him as he fired arrows at me, when he could have reached out and punched me. And then I walked in place and killed him... Why?

Post Date: 8th May, 2010 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

In the time it took you ro run that 40 meters to attack the orc he was given time to react. Since they already had bows out and were shooting arrows at the farmer they just had to turn and shoot. I have not seen anyone run 40 meters instantaneously. Granted it would take you less than the 10 seconds a melee round is thus they were able to get a volley of arrows off before the party closed on them. I hope this clears some of the confusion up as to why they were able to shoot.

8th May, 2010 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

Page 46 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Oh I get that they were able to shoot, but I should have been able to attack as well.

8th May, 2010 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Dude stop arguing with the GM and just take your punishment like a man laugh.gif.

Post Date: 8th May, 2010 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

You were able to attack if you read the latest. smile.gif I finished the first round and are now waiting the second round attack rolls.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th May, 2010 - 7:56pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 46

I don't get it.
They were 40 ft away.
We ran up, and took arrow damage. I reached them ahead of everyone and apparently didn't attack. (I have 10 more movement, so I can move 40ft per round.) and Krusten got some shots off.
Then we all moved AGAIN (round 2?) and we all managed top get close enough, and attacked. I guess I was pacing or something?
Now you're waiting on round 2? Do you mean three?

I don't get what is going on here. I'm not arguing, I'm confused and trying to figure it out.

Post Date: 8th May, 2010 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 46

OK let me try this.

Round one: The party emerges from the tree line running toward the group of Orcs who are playfully shooting at the farmer with bows. This is segment one.

Segment two the orcs hearing the party coming at them look in that direction. At this time Oliron and Krusten shoot their first arrow.

Segment three The orcs are able to face the group and shoot their first arrows.

Segment four Oliron and Krusten reach for their second second arrows and get them ready to fire.. The charging party is still 20 meters away.

Segment five Oliron and Krusten shoot their second arrows as the orcs are getting their second arrows out and ready.

Segment six Ryorst the fastest runner closes on his orc and swings striking the orc and killing it. The other Orcs release their second arrows save the Orc killed by Ryorst. I took this into account when rolling for the Orcs.

Segment seven the rest of the party closes with the orcs and attack as they can.

This was the end of the first round. I asked for an initiative roll for the party to start the second round. This is where we are at now.

I did not want to finish the first round until I had the initiative rolls for the second round.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.