Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 49 of 174

Death will be addressed in the rules section - Page 49 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th May, 2010 - 1:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 174 pgs.  45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
21st May, 2010 - 8:07am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 49

I questioned this early in the RP - seems like someone said that somewhere in the rules it says bows get two attacks per turn or something - I know the rules say drawing ammo for a bow is a free action. When I played pre-3.x D&D, bows only got an attack every other round, so this is pretty different.

Sponsored Links:
21st May, 2010 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Yea played a lot of tabletop 3 and 3.5 and spent days worth of accumulated hours of arguments over the rules and combing the book for every if, and, and or, and pretty sure they go by your standard base attack, they used to be like slings and crossbows which meant you had to spend a move action to reload meaning even if you had high enough base attack for two or thee attacks you couldn't spend a full attack action shooting.

But DM can make house rules I just wanna know about them that's all.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your spelling using the built-in Spell Checker before posting your message. See Constructive Posting Policy

Post Date: 21st May, 2010 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I am a old school D&D player. I have played since 1980's. I have always played that a bow gets two attacks per round and I have remained with that. While it is good for the characters the same goes for orcs and other creatures that attack with bows too. Krusten gets a +1 with her bow because she is a elf. A elf gets a +1 with a bow or a long sword. Since she is a sorcerer she can not use a long sword. SO she will get a -4 penalty on that.

Yes anyone who uses a bow in my worlds gets two attacks per melee round. The only exception is if you fumble you first shot (roll a 1) you lose your second shot.

25th May, 2010 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 49 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Born Free says...

How do you die? I mean what HP does it go to before you're actually dead and not just unconcious. Does this game play where you go into a coma too?

Post Date: 26th May, 2010 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

3 and 3.5 state that firing any type of bow is a standard action. Reloading a light crossbow is a move equivalent action (which means you can fire and reload in the same round). A heavy crossbow reload is a FULLROUND action, meaning you can fire every other round.

Reloading a shortbow or longbow is a free action. However, the rules indicate that only with the rapid shot feat can you shoot twice in one round (with the penalties noted). If rapid shot is employed then you cannot move beyond 5' in that round.

With the rapid reload feat, a light crossbow can be reloaded as a free action and a heavy crossbow as a move equivalent action.

Thus, with the appropriate feat the shortbow and longbow can indeed shoot twice a round. And a light crossbow with both rapid reload and rapid shot, can also shoot twice a round.

Also, in 3.5 elves lose their +1 with swords and bows and instead simply get the proficiencies to use these items regardless of class (thus an elvan sorceress could use a longbow without penalties - but also without bonuses).

Anyway, thems the 3/3.5 rules. I am cool with whatever homebrew rules the DM decides on.

26th May, 2010 - 12:24am / Post ID: #
Kai

Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Ignoble says...

My answer is for Krusten above. Death in a game depends on three things; a) the rules set you are using, cool.gif the DM's view and c) how you were hit. For instance in 3.5 ruleset you can go beyond 0 h.p. Into the minus range but just simply be unconscious. You might also simply lose one or some of your ability scores but no h.p. And still die. I think this was changed in rules set 4. It also depends on how the DM views it. Some DMs will not let you go beyond -5 others -10. Some see 0 as the beginning of the end and start minusing h.p. From you the longer you go on attended. As the poster above mentioned it is really up to what the DM says happens. Once you stay above 0 is the most important thing.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th May, 2010 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 49

Generally, in campaigns and rulings I have come across, 0HP means you can't fight. You are conscious, but battle and other strenuous actions are too much for you. -1HP though -9HP you are unconscious, and lose 1hp every so often, unless you stabilize yourself or someone administers appropriate healing. -10HP is death, though you could be revived with certain techniques past death, if I recall, as long as your head remains intact.

Though there are other ways to die. I think having a CON score of 0, through weakening effects etc. Causes death. Undead cannot be killed in this manner, as their CON scores do not exist.

Old Age is another obvious method of death.

Reconcile Edited: Rentok on 26th May, 2010 - 12:55am

Post Date: 26th May, 2010 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 49

Death will be addressed in the rules section so everyone will be able to see it and understand it.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.