Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 55 of 174

Just let the party leader know your intentions - Page 55 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Jul, 2010 - 11:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 174 pgs.  51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
16th Jul, 2010 - 6:00am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 55

Ok I see, I have another question though smile.gif . Can we do called shots? Like if I called that I want to do a jump attack off my horse, trying to do a downward cleave on his skull. What all would that entail and what would be considered a complete miss?

Also I am wondering, I think everyone has posted their actions. Are we missing something to see what the hill giants move is?

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 16th Jul, 2010 - 6:02am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2010 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

A called shot is -4 on the attack roll. Plus if your wanting to jump off the back of a moving horse and still try a cleave event then that is going to take a serious DC check. You will have let me know what your ride skill is so I can take this all into effect and give you your base check to pull it off.

17th Jul, 2010 - 5:36am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

My ride skill is at +7, my jump skill is at +4 and my handle animal skill is at +4. I did attack the giant on round 1 from my horse, I think. So I should be right next to it, or right behind it rather, unless it turns to face me. At any rate I am picturing Oliron crouching then jumping off the horse from a still position.

I don't know if that makes a difference but he isn't riding in on it and taking a flying leap off the moving horse. He is more using the horse like a stool to get a hight advantage off of.

I am just using the word cleave to describe the type of action with my sword. I'm not like using my cleave feat.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 17th Jul, 2010 - 5:39am

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2010 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 55 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OK have the party leader post all this in the party leaders thread and I will take everything into consideration. You can attempt to do any action just let me know what your skills are in the areas that may be effected by your actions. I will and do take all actions into consideration that are posted and come up with reactions from the foe through a roll of the dice. I can and will not say whether a action can be successful or not in this thread. You will see the reactions of your actions in the game thread after all options and reactions have been worked out. smile.gif

17th Jul, 2010 - 10:13pm / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I believe it would be sensible for the GM to provide a character, especially a multiple level character with ride and combat skill, at least an idea of whether or not a task were 'reasonably' possible at all, in a 'can I leap five stories off this cliff and live?' way.

He should have SOME sort of gage of his own ability, to allow him to make in-character and meta-player judgments, or else you're playing the D&D system blindfolded like blackjack, betting for luck against the system mechanics, without being able to look at your hand, which is unreasonable and stacked against the player.

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 17th Jul, 2010 - 10:20pm

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2010 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

You are correct Jpatt in the character has skills that he can use to try something out of the ordinary. The fact that he is not wanting to ride in and do all this but just stand on a horse to gain a higher vantage point is a bit different. I take it all in as a possibility that yes you may fall 50 feet and live but just how banged up will you actually be? smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jul, 2010 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 55

I just want to say that I am keeping my original rolls and that my plans on jumping off the horse will be my next action. I am 99 percent sure I hit it with that first roll so I don't want to fix what isn't broke. I just want things to be clear so I don't end up skipping my first rolls.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 18th Jul, 2010 - 9:59pm

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2010 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 55

Just let the party leader know your intentions so he can put that in the party leaders thread. Once I have a new post in the party leader thread we will continue.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.