Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 63 of 174

I actually missed the cart ride from Beast - Page 63 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Sep, 2010 - 1:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 174 pgs.  59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
3rd Sep, 2010 - 8:39am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 63

Even still that amount of gold is incredible. It seems a fair split but my main concern was the amount.

I mean, that is a ton of gold, we should find some good way to spend it together. Yes, keep a good deal for yourself but at the same time we should be thinking bigger here.

I could blow all my gold on some sword or something but imagine if we could pool a good deal of this, we could do a lot.

My assessment of Eth is unfair and I should have said nothing. I spoke harshly and would like to take what I said back. I think I said what I said because Namdar died and I wish it could have been avoided. It isn't Eth's fault that happened. Testsubject1 did play Eth well and I am wrong for what I said, very sorry. undecided.gif

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 3rd Sep, 2010 - 8:59am

Sponsored Links:
3rd Sep, 2010 - 8:43am / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Oh for sure. I'd much rather we blow 100,000 gp and buy ourselves a fort or castle somewhere.

I'm just saying that if we can't find anything to buy as a party, that's one way to spread the wealth.

3rd Sep, 2010 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Eth is still missing out on 5000 purely due to the fact she is less capable in combat, therefor I am being penalized for roleplaying and not making some straight up muscle character,

As for Namdars death, all he needed was stabilization, Oliron had enough high pre rolls to have done that, also there has not been one mention of getting him a proper resurrection...
IT WAS A HILL GIANT, I still stand by my every belief that if it was played proper there would be more people dead.

Also I hope the castle was a joke,

Some ideas that party funding should be used for,
Lantern of Revealing
Sustaining Spoon x2
Bag of Holding
Decanter of endless water
and prehaps an item with a once a day ability of (Mage's Magnificent Mansion)

But right now I think if everyone had some good weapons or armour it would be more benificial.

Reconcile Edited: testsubject1 on 3rd Sep, 2010 - 6:06pm

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2010 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Page 63 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Yes, that is alot of cash. Nei will be happy with whatever he gets (if anything). He was not there for the fight. And I'm really too new to the campaign to say anything about orc threads, forts, and city officials.

By the way, do giants usually run around with that kind of loot? If not, and it was stolen from someone nearby, they may start asking questions.... just a random thought.

What I've heard so far is more than fair, especially for us newbs. Yes, compensation for the soldier's families is a great idea; we need to keep our faction up. If there are excess magic items, Nei will pick last and will only take something that will help him to protect his group.

3rd Sep, 2010 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

If we went by the book that is beyond an insaine amount for some giants to have, thats more then most dragons should have, but seeing as alot of stuff isn't by the book I don't know how to react, if its excessive or not, if there is a kingom somewhere starving because all there gold is gone or if this is just pocket change for giants....

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2010 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Let me help you all decide a bit. In my world patroling parties do not usually carry much if any loot on them. The creatures tend to store what they get from others in chests in their lairs. I do not go by the base treasure rules because they say the creature is going to have that on them when you kill them. I do not buy that all the time. IF you all think this is a insane amount then you will soon get used to not finding much on a war party or group of creatures. You find the good stuff in the base camps and lairs.

While some do not think Eth did much but you have to remember that she was slinging stones. I believe one stone even distracted one of the Hill Giants. Anyone that was there for the killing of the hill giants and got experience for them is because they assisted in the killing of the hill giants. As a GM I do not award experience to someone who did nothing. Think on that.

I can tell you that it is one Identify spell per item. Identify spells are good for one item at a time and the spell will cost 500 gp each time.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Sep, 2010 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 63

Yeah, I wasn't that big on leaving Eth out. Let's see then...

5000gp for identify spells, since we need 10 of them cast.

Let's assume 200gp into party funds before splitting the loot, just to make calculations easier for everyone.

That leaves us with... 155000gp.

We have 3 characters, Eth, Oliron, and Ryorst, who did a lot more work.
We have a true ressurection for Namdar if Jpat requests it, so the price for that should get shoved into the party fund for holding until he gets back and decides if he wants Namdar or a new character to play as.
then there's beast at the middle-point.
And then we have 3 characters that did less work.

So, depending on the cost for the true ressurection, if we devide the remaining gold by 20...

4/20 to each Oliron, Eth, and Ryorst
that leaves 8/20 for the rest. Which divides evenly into sets of 2/20, except Beast has been around for a while without any real gold, so he has earned a bit more.

Let's divide this remaining 8/20 into tenths.
we can give 4/10 of this remainder to beast.
then we take the remaining gold and split it evenly between the three new characters.

It should still amount to a decent sum of gold for everyone, I think. Depending on the particular numbers, it may require some alterations.

As to what we do with the money, well, equipment is nice, but that goes out of each person's individual reward. Something the entire party can use would be good. Maybe we buy a castle, maybe we go buy a ship and sail the seas. If we buy a castle or a fort, we can try our hand at starting a small village, plying each of our individual skills as needed. Hiring craftsmen to build buildings and such, then selling the houses for cheap to villagers whom we can convince to come under our protection from these hordes of orcs. Or whatever. We have gold, now we need something to do with it.

Post Date: 4th Sep, 2010 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 63

I actually missed the cart ride from Beast when he returned with the other new guys. The only thing I have really done is sneak up on a cave. I don't necessarily feel entitled to any of it. If someone wanted to buy me some better armor or a horse or something that would be cool but other than that it's all up to you guys.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.