Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 69 of 174

Beast I don't see a connection with - Page 69 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Sep, 2010 - 5:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 174 pgs.  65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 18th Sep, 2010 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 69

The distance between the two town is eight days by caravan. You are about at the half way point between them.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Sep, 2010 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Off topic questions removed to here: Source 3 - keep this Thread for KNtoran's D&D Questions only.

22nd Sep, 2010 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Oh not so much information by you, if I needed more I would have asked in questions but with just a soft drumming in the distance it seems hardly a reason to stop and prepare for a battle we don't know is coming if even or for how long....

But now that there is 3 all closing in on our location, in aproximately how long?
are any closer then the others? and can this caravan go off the path we are on? and what sort of surroundings do we have, how close are we to the nearest tree line or rocky out crop or hill where an attacker could take cover or hide?

Do we know what this caravan is transporting or why orcs may want it?

23rd Sep, 2010 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Page 69 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Not really a question but more like a suggestion after thinking about how Beast is increasing his intelligence I was thinking we could all plan like a break in time where we get all the characters to up their stats through some kind of training. That way there isn't like any wait time just saying.

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2010 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Remember that at the fourth level and every fourth level after that you are able to raise any ability score up by one point. There are other magical ways that can change you ability scores but none of you have run into that as of yet.

As for the drumming. They all seem to be a good couple miles out at least. You are on a road that runs through a forest area. The wagons can pull to the side of the road but they can not enter the forest as it is too thick. The Forest is dark looking when you look at it from the road. If you enter the Forest it is gloomy but you can still see just not very far. A creature or creatures can get with in easy bow distance without easily being seen. But the reverse is true too.

24th Sep, 2010 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Yeah I like know about the level up and all that but I was mostly talking about a group thing where we could get all the points up so real game time isn't a factor.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Sep, 2010 - 4:41am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 69

I get what you mean Play By, I think its more up to convincing the rest of the party then the DM, If we found a suitable place and a suitable reason.

DM how far are these cross roads?

24th Sep, 2010 - 5:29am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 69

Beast I don't see a connection with us all suddenly training. While it is a possibility it doesn't really hold water for me, as far as what would Oliron do. If anything I think he would be more into training others.

Like, I'm just trying to say, for me, it seems like a stretch for all of the players to suddenly all decide to do training. It's not a bad idea but doesn't fit into the game right now. To me it seems like an ooc think, a kind of meta gaming.

Further I hate to point it out but, if we could all just train for better abilities we could just say we all train for the next 20 years and suddenly be all 18's, you know.

This is a post better put into the player thread but while I'm here, and tests last post was kind of about it. I don't think we should pull off the road. Yes we would have cover. However we would have the cover of the wagons if we stayed on the road. Orcs attacking us would have to come out into the open to get to us. Thus they would have no cover and we still would. If we take cover in the trees we have better cover but then they have cover as well.

Granted, if we stay on the road we are an obvious target. The orcs can attack from tree cover. If we toss oil in at them we can make it very uncomfortable for them to attack us that way. They will have to come into the open to extract us. That being said they could use similar tactics on our cover, they would either way though. At least if we stay on the road they need to step out of cover for melee.

I like the idea of running to town or the dukes but realistically I don't see how we have the time or capability to choose that option.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.