Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 71 of 174

Gah. Yards, feet, miles. Ugh... Can we keep - Page 71 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Oct, 2010 - 10:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 174 pgs.  67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 5th Oct, 2010 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 71

That is correct. Since Psychonaut and Hayden ae in the village together they can talk to each other via the post party thread. This is where characters interact with each other. Do not post in the party leader or the game thread.

Sponsored Links:
7th Oct, 2010 - 6:17am / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

This is not a question but I timed out in party thread and want to state. I am not an actual original party member. I joined shortly after the original party was formed. True I have paid my dues as far as time in but, as far as I'm party leader choice I have no issues with choosing a newer player.

I do want to say though that I have some questions about the last game post. I humbly wonder why the woods are not dry if there has been no rain. Also oil burns for a while, yet the wagons / fire are burning out very fast. Lastly (I mean no disrespect) the magic user has uncanny spell selection. As if she knew a day ago we would use obscuring mist and fire.

I don't expect answers to any of the questions as my character just might simply not know them. They were just thoughts I had and felt free to inquire on.

7th Oct, 2010 - 6:25am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I kind of just addressed those in my post in the party thread, as far as I can tell, but I wasn't actually that clear, and I'd rather hear KnToran's reasoning, but from what I gather, here's my thoughts on it more clearly organized.

The woods didn't catch fire because the trees are alive, and take water from the ground. Likely there are streams and other water sources nearby.

Oil burns for a while, specifically, one flask of oil burns for an hour, however, that is assuming it's being used in a lantern or lamp. A flask of oil with a lit rag tossed through the air goes off all at once, and only burns for a single round. You lit all the oil at once, so it'll be closer to the second example than the first.

I think the DM may have prevented you from setting the wagons on fire as that would kind of defeat the purpose of protecting them. If we were going to burn them down, we might as well just let the orcs take them, and guarantee our survival.

The magic-user being able to cast the spell as needed could be either a result of a divination spell the day before, a spontaneous casting class, or merely a scroll or wand that had the desired spell, if she had a good armory of magic scrolls or wands. Or a lucky choice on her part when preparing spells.

7th Oct, 2010 - 6:57am / Post ID: #

Page 71 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ok, all that makes sense but I can't help but wonder.

Oil burs for more than 6 seconds and certainly if it has another source of food burns for longer. Forests have tons of dead wood and undergrowth. We have 17 wagons I think sacrificing a few in the current situation is not crazy.

I get the magic user thing and I haven't looked up any particular spells but it seems she casted two really fast from a decent range. I just wonder how that is.

Again I ask humbly, but can't help but ask myself these questions. I only ask because I feel comfortable in tossing them out here. If they have an answer great. If not I'm ok with that to.
I am just having fun here in this game. smile.gif

7th Oct, 2010 - 7:39am / Post ID: #

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

It sounds like a gust of wind spell but if that is the case there is a lvl4 sor/druid behind us less than 60ft away, I would like the dm to tell us what spell it is, because if its any other wind controlling spell of a higher level then the caster alone could kill us all.

Also I would like the layout explained again, where abouts are these new archers? how far are we from them and from the orcs at the back on horseback. We need distance in feet.

7th Oct, 2010 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

It's possible one of the orcs is a caster, or has UMD and a scroll. I think it highly likely that the caster simply cast divination "yesterday" and then made the orcs carry the scrolls they'd need with them, etc. Or, you know, it could just as easily be an invocation of rule 0. Just because the books say X is possible, doesn't mean the DM can't do Y.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Oct, 2010 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 71

Here is the lay out for you all. Your following a road that leads south. The roadway is a little bit wider than the wagons and not always straight. I would say the clearing from one side of the tree line to the other side of the tree line is about 8 feet. The trees are too close together to allow passage of a wagon that is about 4.5 feet across. The forest will allow those on foot or on horse back to travel without much restriction. You would have to weave through the trees. You can see once your in the forest better than looking in from outside the forest. From the roadway you can see a good 30-40 yards into the forest.

Where you are there is nothing behind you to the north that you can see. You can not see any orcs to the west or east. Ahead of you to the south you can see a line of orcs about 50 yards ahead of you. The mounted Orcs are farther back at about 100 yards. A gust of wind spell has a good effective range of 60 yards. You can see a figure moving away in the trees but can not get a good look as he/she is cloaked.

The oil was not able to burn very well long due to the amount of oil needed to cover the northern space. One flask only goes so far. The trees are very healthy and it looks like it has rained in recent days. Just because you did not get rained on does not mean it did not rain elsewhere. If the Druid checks the ground she can tell it has last rained here less than three days ago.

7th Oct, 2010 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 71

Gah. Yards, feet, miles. Ugh... Can we keep it to a single unit? I don't know the conversions for the imperial system.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.