Copying A Forum To Another Database - Page 3 of 3

I once had to copy a DB from one domain to - Page 3 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 28th Oct, 2009 - 3:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 27th Oct, 2009 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

Copying A Forum To Another Database
A Friend

Copying A Forum To Another Database - Page 3

All additional databases are installed. I do not need anything besides mods and their alterations moved over to the brand new forums.

Okay so install the mods that way. How can I copy the alterations to the mods or is that not a simple task?

Sponsored Links:
27th Oct, 2009 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

Database To Forum Copying

If you have the exact versions of the mods you installed before (should be under folder / Packages on server) then you can use those and then copy over the Theme and it should work in principle - HOWEVER - that has a lot to do with how the current database was installed and the files used because some mods may not want to install on a new version of SMF - you will have to test to ensure it works.

If you are using the old database then that is not an issue. You only have to copy over the modifications.

28th Oct, 2009 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

Copying A Forum To Another Database Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I once had to copy a DB from one domain to another that I sold and it was a real pain. I had to change the urls in the DB that pointed to the old site then the skins and source files, I think it took me all day to do it.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Copying A Forum To Another Database

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,