Copying A Forum To Another Database - Page 2 of 3

QUOTE (Djso)Okay so I have decided to start - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 27th Oct, 2009 - 3:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 20th Oct, 2009 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Copying A Forum To Another Database
A Friend

Copying A Forum To Another Database - Page 2

Okay, maybe I am doing this wrong from the start. It appears that I copied the forum but did not download it. So do you mean backup the forum by downloading the sql.gz file then uploading that through MyPhpAdmin? I don't think I understand how to save the database as an SQL file.

Sponsored Links:
20th Oct, 2009 - 3:50am / Post ID: #

Database To Forum Copying

Steps to get your database via PhpMyAdmin:

1: Log into PhpMyAdmin via Cpanel.

2: In PhpMyAdmin select the database from the drop-down menu called, "Database".

3: On the new page you will see your selected database, click Export tab.

4: There are some options that you should choose such as Save as file in .sql format but ensure to tick / check Add DROP TABLE.

5: Click on the Go button I mentioned before and save

Now when you save that file, save it to your Desktop so you can find it easy. Then open it using the program Notepad. You will see a whole bunch of text. Copy that and go over the steps I gave you earlier.

Post Date: 20th Oct, 2009 - 4:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Copying A Forum To Another Database Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Okay, it appears to be inserted in the new database. Please forgive me if this is very stupid question but how do I find this database now and connect it to my new domain? I have only started a new database for forums through fantastico. This is my first time working within MyPhpAdmin to do this.

20th Oct, 2009 - 4:17am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Database To Forum Copying

Did you setup this Database with a Username and Password? If not, first go to the MySQL Database section in Cpanel and add it to the Database. Then with the name and password in hand go to the forum folder under the new domain and enter in the details there.

Post Date: 20th Oct, 2009 - 4:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Database To Forum Copying

I have the username and password set up, just having trouble finding the path to this database and putting it under the domain I want it on.

20th Oct, 2009 - 4:35am / Post ID: #

The path to the Database is usually "localhost", if it isn't write your Hosting support and they can give you what it should be. Not knowing the inner configuration of your host I cannot say. If you are using the same host then it should be the same as what is already in the settings file.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Oct, 2009 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Copying Forum To Database - Page 2

Okay so I have decided to start all topics etc from scratch as I don't need half the number of categories on the other forum but I still need all mods to the theme moved over to the additional forums.

So I need to copy the mods and theme modifications over to the other 4 forums only. I know it's not as simple as simply copying all the files as that didn't work. Do I need to change elements of the files to reflect the new databases?

Thanks all.

27th Oct, 2009 - 3:59pm / Post ID: #

Copying Forum To Database Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

international QUOTE (Djso)
Okay so I have decided to start all topics etc from scratch

You didn't get the database installed or you just decided on something new?

international QUOTE
So I need to copy the mods and theme modifications over to the other 4 forums only.

You will need to install each mod manually or via Admin since if you are using a different database the info within the database that the modifications need will not be there if you only copy over files.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Copying A Forum To Another Database

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,