USA vs North Korea - Page 14 of 101

A current affairs programme here sent in an - Page 14 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Oct, 2006 - 7:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 101 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ...Latest (101) »

?
Poll: The North Korea affair can be summed up in this...
  North Korea needs to be invaded and taught a lesson       30.77%
  North Korea has been allowed to grow up as a bully       10.26%
  The USA has been too lenient with North Korea       7.69%
  China has allowed North Korea to get out of hand       2.56%
  Countries in the region need to stand up to North Korea       17.95%
  North Korea is just playing the field       7.69%
  North Korea is doing what any isolated sovereign nation would do       12.82%
  North Korea is really trying to be reunited with South Korea       2.56%
  If North Korea is pushed too far they will rain missiles on Japan       2.56%
  North Korea has serious military might that can cause WWIII       5.13%
Total Votes: 39
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome?
USA vs North Korea Related Information to USA vs North Korea
9th Oct, 2006 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea - Page 14

Personally JB, I have no doubt that it is an act of desperation by Kim Jong. I can't see that he would seriously want either nuclear war or an arms race. He needs cash to feed people, seriously, that is his priority.

He knows it, he also knows that if he can prove to the rest of the world he has nuke capability that they will deal with him, cash in return for disarmament. Well, that's the direction I see things going in. He doesn't want a conflict with the South either. That too would be detrimental to his people.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

Sponsored Links:
9th Oct, 2006 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

Korea North USA

QUOTE (Belfastbloke)
He needs cash to feed people, seriously, that is his priority.

You are giving him a lot of credit. Do you really think he is so interested in his people? The last time I remember he was willing to allow some $2 million of his people die for nothing. That is double the population of my country - I cannot even comprehend that. If he has money to spend on a million man army then he also has money to buy food.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3229 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

9th Oct, 2006 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea History & Civil Business Politics

He might have an army but he has very little else.

The economy, Industry, infrastructure, etc leave a lot to be desired, I think Kim Jong wants to take NK into the 21st Century as a modern prosperous country. Time will tell though.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

10th Oct, 2006 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

Page 14 Korea North USA

He, and his father, have created most of the situation that has Korea in such bad straits. They destroyed farms, and farmland, the same way that Russia did under Stalin. Only they went further. They destroyed the Korean culture, the way Mao did, only they were more harsh. Kim Jong Il refuses to spend any of the Korean resources on food or infrastructure, because the military might to uphold this totally failed Communist regime is far more important to him.

As far as I am concerned, he is completely psychotic and sociopathic.

If North Korea has build a nuclear device, then it is just another clear indication of the complete irrelevance and incompetence of the United Nations.

QUOTE (Timujin)
Now we have a bully on the one hand who wants to rule the world much in the same way the British, French, Spaniards and other European countries did about 200 years ago.

On the other hand you have a leader of a poverty strioken country, where famine is fastly becoming a yearly occurrance.

I must assume that you are trying to claim that the United States is the "bully" in this situation. Since the US is the only country to ever use nuclear weapons, and learned from it just how horrible the results were, it has tried, unsuccessfully, to limit them. The US, in general, wants to foster peace and prosperity, because business and trade work much better when there is peace.

North Korea does NOT want peace, with anyone except China. They were founded as a puppet-state under Mao, as a way to keep the US and all other democratic and republican countries away from China. When the Korean War was won, China entered it and helped the Communist leadership there push the United Nations forces back until a cease-fire was signed. The Korean War is still on, and North Korea has never forgotten that fact. The ruling bodies there want South Korea in the worst way.

Right now, North Korea has a missile that has the capability to reach US soil, in Alaska. But, we now understand that there are many other ways for a rogue country or group to deliver a horrendous punch to another country.

Imagine a ship pulling into New York, and setting off a nuclear explosion as it does so. How about a group of ships, in New York, Boston, Charleston, Newark, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Baltimore, and a few more ports, all going off at once.

Don't ever think that Kim Jong Il and his cronies are rational. They aren't. The scenario above is a very realistic possibility.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 10th Oct, 2006 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Korea North USA

CHINA OPPOSES MILITARY RESPONSE TO N. KOREAN NUCLEAR TEST

China said Tuesday it is "firmly against" military action in response to North Korea's nuclear test, which had the United States leading a call for UN sanctions.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...a-position.html

10th Oct, 2006 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea

QUOTE (Nighthawk @ 9-Oct 06, 7:42 PM)

Right now, North Korea has a missile that has the capability to reach US soil, in Alaska.

Sorry, this is completely wrong. They don't possess such capability and neither do they have the wherewithal to obtain the capability either.

There have been some NeoCons on TV calling for military action to be taken against NK. I am pretty sure, even at this point, that China wouldn't take too kindly to that. Unfortunately, some folk in the world can't see the wood for the trees.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Oct, 2006 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #

USA North Korea - Page 14

Sorry, this is completely wrong. They don't possess such capability and neither do they have the wherewithal to obtain the capability either.

They do have that capability:

The warhead of a long-range missile test-fired by North Korea was found in the U.S. state of Alaska, a report to the National Assembly revealed yesterday.

``According to a U.S. document, the last piece of a missile warhead fired by North Korea was found in Alaska,"" former Japanese foreign minister Taro Nakayama was quoted as saying in the report. ``Washington, as well as Tokyo, has so far underrated Pyongyang's missile capabilities.""

The report was the culmination of monthlong activities of the Assembly's overseas delegation to five countries over the North Korean nuclear crisis. The Assembly dispatched groups of lawmakers to the United States, Japan, China, Russia and European Union last month to collect information and opinions on the international issue.

The team sent to Japan, headed by Rep. Kim Hak-won of the United Liberal Democrats, reported, ``Nakayama said Washington has come to put more emphasis on trilateral cooperation between South Korea, Japan and the United States since it recognized that the three countries are within the range of North Korean missiles."

https://times.hankooki.com/lpage/nation/200...17272311970.htm

This was in 2003! Can you imagine what they can do now?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

10th Oct, 2006 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

USA North Korea Politics Business Civil & History - Page 14

A current affairs programme here sent in an journalist undercover with hidden cameras who had access to some of Kim Jong's advisers. According to what he recorded, NK's capabilities have been over-estimated by the US and others. it also raised serious questions about the 'super dollar' racket they were engaged in, but that's beside the point. I will try and find it online and if it is available I will let you know where it is so you can see for yourself. Being totally honest here as well LDS, I would be very sceptical of any reports the US have generated, take a look at Iraq today to see why.

Whenever I hear anyone talk of war, my first question is 'Who will gain from it?'

NK have nothing to gain from a war, especially now they are aping China and attempting to turn the country around economically. If, and it is a big if, NK have detonated a nuclear device, then they should face some punitive action, the only people with the clout to do anything to make them see sense are the Chinese.

> TOPIC: USA vs North Korea

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,