USA vs North Korea - Page 18 of 101

Konq, I doubt very much Jung visits the forum - Page 18 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 17th Oct, 2006 - 4:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 101 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  ...Latest (101) »

?
Poll: The North Korea affair can be summed up in this...
  North Korea needs to be invaded and taught a lesson       30.77%
  North Korea has been allowed to grow up as a bully       10.26%
  The USA has been too lenient with North Korea       7.69%
  China has allowed North Korea to get out of hand       2.56%
  Countries in the region need to stand up to North Korea       17.95%
  North Korea is just playing the field       7.69%
  North Korea is doing what any isolated sovereign nation would do       12.82%
  North Korea is really trying to be reunited with South Korea       2.56%
  If North Korea is pushed too far they will rain missiles on Japan       2.56%
  North Korea has serious military might that can cause WWIII       5.13%
Total Votes: 39
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome?
USA vs North Korea Related Information to USA vs North Korea
13th Oct, 2006 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea - Page 18

The Chinese and Japanese governments have done their own air sampling and found no trace of radioactive material, it was reported today in the news. So what's up with that? Was all a lie by the N. Korean government?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Oct, 2006 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Korea North USA

Breaking News

The United States now has preliminary evidence of radioactivity from North Korea's nuclear test ground, indicating it did indeed carry out a test, a U.S. official tells CNN.

14th Oct, 2006 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea History & Civil Business Politics

Arvhic Post ID:98348

North Korea's dictator is far worse than Saddam, so it is a perfectly legitimate question to ask why Bush would attack one country and not the other, especially as we know NK has WMDs

From the BBC
1981: Israel bombs Baghdad nuclear reactor
The Israelis have bombed a French-built nuclear plant near Iraq's capital, Baghdad, saying they believed it was designed to make nuclear weapons to destroy Israel.

Saddam had nuclear capability just like North Korea, but NKs dictator is worse because he has a bigger mouth, or because he popped a test so small it took days to verify? Saddam terrorized Israel for years with missels and words and was on his way to nuclear terror.

Offtopic but,
Arvhic Post ID:98348
Iran does not have a dictator, he is a popularly elected leader.

My research on this statement revealed many statements like this one.

BBC News Davar, New York, USA
The whole election in Iran is a complete and utter sham

Arvhic
When Saddam gassed the Kurds, it was Donald Rumsfeld who leapt to Saddam's defence, blaming the Iranians.

Since I had not heard such a story I spent the afternoon researching. This is the worst thing I can find on the subject.

The Saddam in Rumsfeld's Closet
by Jeremy Scahill
In March of 1984, with the Iran-Iraq war growing more brutal by the day, Rumsfeld was back in Baghdad for meetings with then-Iraqi Foreign Minister Tariq Aziz. On the day of his visit, March 24th, UPI reported from the United Nations: "Mustard gas laced with a nerve agent has been used on Iranian soldiers in the 43-month Persian Gulf War between Iran and Iraq, a team of U.N. experts has concluded... Meanwhile, in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad, U.S. presidential envoy Donald Rumsfeld held talks with Foreign Minister Tarek Aziz (sic) on the Gulf war before leaving for an unspecified destination."

Donald Rumsfeld just happened to be in Bagdad on the day mustard gas was used. Can you document for me the rational for him being blamed for leaping to Saddam's defense?

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 102 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.2%

15th Oct, 2006 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

Page 18 Korea North USA

North Korea is far closer to securing nuclear weapons than Saddam ever was. Israel bombing a nuclear reactor in Iraq does not at all mean Iraq had nuclear weapons. In fact we know they never did, this isn't even debatable. Every country has a sovereign right to have a nuclear power plant. The US has several of them. This doesn't mean that the plant is used to produce weapons. Just because Israel says something doesn't mean it is true. In fact Israel aren't known to be the most reliable when it comes to foreign statements.

It is also widely acepted that Kim Jong Il is far worse to his people than Saddam was. North Korea is in a desperate, poverty stricken state because of Kim. Hundreds of thousands have died. While Saddam was also a tyrant, he never starved his people. He treated the Sunnis very well and the others poorly, especially if you were believed to dissent his draconian rule of law. But before UN imposed economic santions, Iraq was actually one of the leading economies in the Middle East. It had a very high standard of living and literacy rate. It was still dangerous to voice any opposition to Saddam, but people weren't dying because of basic curable diseases and hunger. North Korea is the exact opposite.

Mousetrails, This topic is about North Korea, if you would like to continue a debate on Iraq you must post on the Iraq thread. I would be happy to continue such a debate there.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2006 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #

Korea North USA

AUSTRALIA TO BAR NORTH KOREAN SHIPS FROM ITS PORTS AFTER NUCLEAR TEST

Australia said Monday it will ban North Korean ships from entering its ports in response to the Communist country's claimed test of a nuclear weapon.
Ref. cbc.ca/story/world/national/2006/10/16/australia-ban.html

U.S. ASKS CHINA TO ENFORCE N. KOREA SANCTIONS

The United States on Sunday pressed China to enforce the U.N. punishment against North Korea and use economic leverage to persuade the communist ally to renounce its nuclear weapons program and rejoin international disarmament talks.
Ref. deseretnews.com

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2006 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea

UN SANCTIONS A DECLARATION OF WAR: NORTH KOREA

North Korea said Tuesday the United Nations has declared war on the Communist country by imposing sanctions in response to its nuclear
weapon test.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...n-response.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Oct, 2006 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea
A Friend

USA North Korea - Page 18

Oh shut up North Korea! Seriously! Your going to declare on who? The U.N.? So your essentially declaring war on the entire world. We already knew you were mad, but this is ludicrous. You can't just tell everyone that if they tell you your wrong that its an act of war, you don't have that kind of pull. As much as the US can't just go around starting fights because we don't like what countries are doing, North Korea cannot dictate to the rest of the world what determines an act of war, we learned years ago not to put up with bullies! So get over your selves, because I have a feeling that you aren't going to do anything unless China allows you to, and China wants to be a superpower so badly that they are going to keep their lap dog in place!

17th Oct, 2006 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

USA North Korea Politics Business Civil & History - Page 18

spock.gif Konq, I doubt very much Jung visits the forum these days. *smile*

When I read this article I thought: What in the world are they thinking if they are thinking at all! Sounds serious and scary. It seems to me that they will no doubt in using the nuclear weapons they have against any country...or do you all think is *just* talk?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: USA vs North Korea

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,