USA vs North Korea - Page 20 of 101

I don't think it is fair to starve - Page 20 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 25th Oct, 2006 - 9:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 101 pgs.  16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ...Latest (101) »

?
Poll: The North Korea affair can be summed up in this...
  North Korea needs to be invaded and taught a lesson       30.77%
  North Korea has been allowed to grow up as a bully       10.26%
  The USA has been too lenient with North Korea       7.69%
  China has allowed North Korea to get out of hand       2.56%
  Countries in the region need to stand up to North Korea       17.95%
  North Korea is just playing the field       7.69%
  North Korea is doing what any isolated sovereign nation would do       12.82%
  North Korea is really trying to be reunited with South Korea       2.56%
  If North Korea is pushed too far they will rain missiles on Japan       2.56%
  North Korea has serious military might that can cause WWIII       5.13%
Total Votes: 39
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome?
USA vs North Korea Related Information to USA vs North Korea
22nd Oct, 2006 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea - Page 20

This is all too strange, first you have the Russians (above news) saying that they scorn the US stance on North Korea, but at the same time Jong is now sorry? Anyone buying any of this?

NORTH KOREA HAS NO PLANS FOR ANOTHER NUCLEAR TEST: REPORTS

North Korean leader Kim Jong Il has no plans to carry out a second nuclear test and is "sorry" about the first one, news reports from South Korea said Friday.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...hina-korea.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3229 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
23rd Oct, 2006 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

Korea North USA

Again, the key thing is in the paragraph below his "act of contrition" for exploding the first nuke:

Kim also told the Chinese diplomat he "is sorry about the nuclear test," according to the Chosun Ilbo daily.

"If the U.S. makes a concession to some degree, we will also make a concession to some degree, whether it be bilateral talks or six-party talks," Kim was quoted as telling the envoy, the newspaper reported.

What concessions does the US need to live up to? The US has stopped sending food that it agreed to send if N. Korea gave up its nuclear program. They didn't give up the program, so the US stopped sending the food. The recent sanctions have been discussed for about 4 years (the amount of time that N. Korea admitted to resuming its nuclear program). This time intelligence was correct and they really did have enough material and a plan for a WMD and the idea of sanctions started to gain a more universal (UN) acceptance after the exploding of the weapon.

Again, if the first agreement was upheld honorably, then N. Korea would have it's yearly food, fuel and technology from other countries, if that was what was truly important. However, they didn't honor their agreements, but will still get the food, fuel and technology, PLUS they now have nuclear capability and more military toys. To me, it sounds like he got everything he wanted.

The only thing that has me questioning if he really would fire off a sencond bomb is how much material does he have. There have been wide ranging theories on how many bombs he could have made. Perhaps this is just a act, so that N. Korea is not invaded while it makes more weapons. Which would mean that he is only "sorry" he didn't make more bombs before he shot the first one off.

Please, don't mix up the idea that he is asking for food as a sort of compasion for his people. If he had taken the money that he has lavishly (for that country) spent on his military and some of it that he has used for his royalty and put that into the infastructure of his country, there would be no need for always asking for food and fuel. Which means, he has made the conscious decision to starve his people. Year in and year out, for decades now, N. Korea has a shortfall of food production and he has done little to make the country more self-sufficent. Why should he when you will feed his people? He is asking for food so that he can continue to fuel his lifestyle and his military, not for the love of his people. Does it say anything, that even with the large amount food and fuel sent by other countries there are still many N. Koreans starving each year. But he does have a fine military and now a bomb...

Buying it...no way...this is pure posturing and jesturing to the highest degree.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 23rd Oct, 2006 - 1:04am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

23rd Oct, 2006 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea History & Civil Business Politics

Which means, he has made the conscious decision to starve his people. Year in and year out, for decades now, N. Korea has a shortfall of food production and he has done little to make the country more self-sufficent.

One has to wonder why the military has not overthrown him yet? We may argue that the Generals get a lavish lifestyle that they would not give up, but really, if enough underlings got together they could take it over in a flash, UNLESS, they know China will not tolerate a renegade state next door to them and move in to restore order.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3229 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

23rd Oct, 2006 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Page 20 Korea North USA

Kim Jong Il uses a mixture of techniques to keep his people at bay. The idea of you and your family and your families future family going to jail might make you a bit less resistive:

https://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/...itical.prisons/

If that wasn't enough, he has his own brand of religion or a State Ideology that is woven into the N. Korean mind from birth. The best part of Juche is that only Kim Jong Il and his father (dead) understand it and can make the appropriate changes to it. The Juche Movement is a constant revolution...so why would you want to revolt against the ongoing revolution?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juche
https://www.adherents.com/largecom/Juche.html

Kind of reminds me of Jim Jones.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 23rd Oct, 2006 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Korea North USA

What Will North korea Do Next?

The rumors persisted, however, with Kyodo News agency reporting Sunday that North Korean leader Kim Jong Il told a Chinese envoy that he had no immediate plans to carry out another nuclear test, but would respond if the United States continued to pressure his country. Kim also complained about the U.S. financial sanctions, which have been in place since September 2005, Kyodo reported from Beijing, citing unnamed officials familiar with the discussions.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/koreas_nuclear

Post Date: 24th Oct, 2006 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA vs North Korea

SOUTH KOREAN PROTESTERS CALL FOR END TO BUSINESS WITH NORTH

About 1,500 demonstrators in South Korea gathered Seoul on Tuesday to demand that the government respond to North Korea's nuclear weapon test by ending joint economic ventures between the two countries.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...ns-protest.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Oct, 2006 - 5:17am / Post ID: #

USA North Korea - Page 20

Kim Jong Il reminds me of the lessons I learned because I had an alcoholic son. I was told, don't loan him money, don't pay his rent, and don't buy food for his hungry children. It's called enabling. Any cash he has will be spent on alcohol because you propped him up somewhere else. What will it take to make Kim Il see the light? My son didn't straighten up until he had spent 20 of his 40 years in jail. Maybe Il will be overthrown before the world has to put up with him for 20 years.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 102 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.2%

25th Oct, 2006 - 9:09am / Post ID: #

USA North Korea Politics Business Civil & History - Page 20

I don't think it is fair to starve the North Korean people because of Kim. It's not their fault NK is being run by a tyrant. Look at the effect economic sanctions had on Iraq, a country that was run by another tyrant. All that happened was the people suffered more than they had in their history while Saddam and his cronies smuggled oil into Turkey and lived a lavish life. Everyone is quick to blame the UN for the oil for food program, but the reality is the UN is a political body that answers to a handful of powerful countries. Economic sanctions do not remove or affect dictators.

If you are going to sanction a country in some form or another, it should not prevent the flow of foods and medicines. If Kim can't feed or look after his people than any aid that goes towards NK must be managed by a third party to ensure it reaches the right people. That is the tricky part. I agree with Mousetrails that you cannot keep propping up dictators, even though powerful Western countries have a history of doing this, but by the same token you should not make the people suffer as a result. As Vincenzo pointed out, Kim is posturing to get what he wants, posturing is all he really has left. We cannot cave into this game, but we also cannot ignore the plight of North Korea's starving people.

I couldn't care less about the fate of Kim, I don't believe he poses as big threat as he wants us to believe. But I know NK is one of the poorest countries in the world and has millions of starving children. For me, that is more important in this conflict.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

> TOPIC: USA vs North Korea

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,