USA vs North Korea - Page 33 of 101

Who knows maybe one day it will happen but - Page 33 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Sep, 2008 - 12:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 101 pgs.  29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37  ...Latest (101) »

?
Poll: The North Korea affair can be summed up in this...
  North Korea needs to be invaded and taught a lesson       30.77%
  North Korea has been allowed to grow up as a bully       10.26%
  The USA has been too lenient with North Korea       7.69%
  China has allowed North Korea to get out of hand       2.56%
  Countries in the region need to stand up to North Korea       17.95%
  North Korea is just playing the field       7.69%
  North Korea is doing what any isolated sovereign nation would do       12.82%
  North Korea is really trying to be reunited with South Korea       2.56%
  If North Korea is pushed too far they will rain missiles on Japan       2.56%
  North Korea has serious military might that can cause WWIII       5.13%
Total Votes: 39
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome?
USA vs North Korea Related Information to USA vs North Korea
10th Sep, 2008 - 3:34am / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea - Page 33

It is a pretty complicated situation. Yes, Kim Jong Il is/was truly the leader (definitely before all this talk of him being wheelchair ridden). In that leadership, the people had definitely roles (minions that praised him through Juche) and the military was heavily favored and financed with what money N. Korea actually generates. Should Kim Jong Il leave power, then who takes care of the military, because trust me, their interest are paramount to them and they have the weapons. I am not sure that any of them really want the seat themselves, but they surely want someone in the chair that is going to keep funneling what little money that N.Korea has towards the military and keeping the citizendry under control. Bottom line, if all the sudden a one of Kim's sons takes the throne and then starts to divert too much money towards the people, he is going to meet up with a "accident" at the hands of the military. It might be a public coup or a quite dethroning. I just keep looking at who is going to serve the militaries interest, because in that you will find the new leader.

Oh, and I do not look at Kim Jong Il as a puppet of the military. I think he likes having a strong military, because he thinks it makes N.Korea look strong. I do not believe that he serves at the behest of the military commanders. I think my view of Kim Jong Il is pretty close to that of Jim Jones. The Hermit Kingdom's Military would like to remain in a Hermit Kingdom and the next leader may actually serve at the behest of the military.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 10th Sep, 2008 - 3:42am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Sponsored Links:
10th Sep, 2008 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

Korea North USA

Are there military really strong though. I remember in the first invasion of Iraq Saddam's army was made to look unstoppable until they surrendered in the thousands. I think the army is made to look strong just for the world. These days anyone can get hold of a nuclear bomb it seems, so exploding one as they did just got more attention which they need to get more money. I feel the military is already in control. Possibly all the generals have made a union and use figure heads to make it look like the country still has some sort of civilian rule. The people, sorry to say are fool hardy to allow themselves to starve in the thousands and not make an uprising though. If you are going to die, you may as well die trying.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3229 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

10th Sep, 2008 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea History & Civil Business Politics

The people are basically, what many would say, are brainwashed through the teaching of Juche. It basically makes Kim Jong Il the center of everything, puts up a communication wall between N.Korea and any outside influence and removes individuality. Those that resist or go against the rules are sent to camps...and there are many camps, so that cuts down on citizen resistance. The biggest resistance you see is only them trying to escape.

Famously named "the Hermit Kingdom", N.Korea only needs a military strong enough to round up a few citizens that resist the rules and throw them in camps. Of yeah, they have to run the camps and have period military parades. So in a sense, the military really is not that strong to go to war with another country and expect much in the way of victory. However, the military along with Kim Jong Il's persona control everything in the Hermit Kingdom and that is the way they like it. Sure, they could blow up a nuke or two and do some damage, but they still dont have the capacity to do much more than police themselves. I do think the nukes are for self defense as they have the idea that if someome tries to take them over, they are going to suffer a bit as well.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

10th Sep, 2008 - 4:15am / Post ID: #

Page 33 Korea North USA

I guess no one is interested in 'rescuing' these people and giving them democracy because the land resources are pitiful. If they were oil rich I'm sure there would be all kinds of interests to 'rescue' these poor starving children.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3229 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

10th Sep, 2008 - 4:38am / Post ID: #

Korea North USA

Honestly, no one knows what is there in N.Korea as far as resources are concerned. Kim and his father have never really looked for markets of trade. They focused on being self-sufficient and isolated. The self-sufficient works OK when the weather backs up the crops, but because of no real investment into farming and agriculture in general, they are using old and obsolete methods that generate low yields. But could those mountains could contain lots of valuables, but since there is virtually no outside trade, why develop anything? All you need is rice and a little meat and that is about all they try to produce.

I can say one thing. The N.Korean landscape with some development would be a great Asian Skiing location as well as a tourist magnet for beautiful scenery. That country with some capital would be a definite tourist stop!

10th Sep, 2008 - 4:49am / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea

QUOTE (Vincenzo)
...a great Asian Skiing location as well as a tourist magnet for beautiful scenery. That country with some capital would be a definite tourist stop!

What are you trying to do Vincenzo cause democracy and capitalistic values stain the virgin brutality of a harsh dictatorship bent on abasement of the population while the few enjoy the spoils?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Sep, 2008 - 5:21am / Post ID: #

USA North Korea - Page 33

Oh, I am just saying that if the Hermit Kingdom became open for business, there would be business to be done! laugh.gif They have some spectacular lakes and scenery that could be modified into some prime realestate. I suspect some Chinese, Japanese and S.Korean money could easily find its way there!

10th Sep, 2008 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

USA North Korea Politics Business Civil & History - Page 33

Who knows maybe one day it will happen but I think you are right the military heads likely have formed an uneasy alliance already and will run with a figure head. Question is will there be destination in the group if the figure head does not have a strong persona.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

> TOPIC: USA vs North Korea

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,