USA vs North Korea - Page 41 of 101

Well, we now have daily missile tests and - Page 41 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th May, 2009 - 7:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 101 pgs.  37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45  ...Latest (101) »

?
Poll: The North Korea affair can be summed up in this...
  North Korea needs to be invaded and taught a lesson       30.77%
  North Korea has been allowed to grow up as a bully       10.26%
  The USA has been too lenient with North Korea       7.69%
  China has allowed North Korea to get out of hand       2.56%
  Countries in the region need to stand up to North Korea       17.95%
  North Korea is just playing the field       7.69%
  North Korea is doing what any isolated sovereign nation would do       12.82%
  North Korea is really trying to be reunited with South Korea       2.56%
  If North Korea is pushed too far they will rain missiles on Japan       2.56%
  North Korea has serious military might that can cause WWIII       5.13%
Total Votes: 39
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome?
USA vs North Korea Related Information to USA vs North Korea
Post Date: 30th Apr, 2009 - 10:02am / Post ID: #

USA vs North Korea
A Friend

USA vs North Korea - Page 41

laugh.gif I have to hand it to you Vincenzo as you can produce a lot of facts. I think that I will agree with you that he dresses funny and that he can go blow something up. Maybe we will get lucky and he will accidently blow himself up.

Sponsored Links:
20th May, 2009 - 5:33am / Post ID: #

Korea North USA

And the winner is....

Source 5

Apparently, it is the middle son that will be taking over the duties of the "Dear Leader".

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 25th May, 2009 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA vs North Korea History & Civil Business Politics

N. Korea says it conducted nuclear test

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea announced today that it successfully carried out a second underground nuclear test, less than two months after launching a rocket widely believed to be a test of its long-range missile technology. Ref. Source 9

25th May, 2009 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 41 Korea North USA

This is a pretty interesting choice of timing. S. Korea is actually morning the suicide of former President Roh from over the weekend. Japan is up in arms and want an immediate meeting of the UN Security Council. China is unhappy that N.Korea is making it apparent that China has minimal influence with the Hermit Kingdom.

Rather off topic, but...
One thing that I can thank them for is the earthquake I just felt in the hotel I am at in Japan. 2006, when N.Korea exploded their last nuke, there were earthquakes in the Kuril Islands, Japan, Taiwan and Malaysia within a month after the detonation.

Recent pictures of Kim Jong Il make him look really weak and some what disheveled. Besides the normal demand of food and fuel (and probably demanding the light water reactors), I cant figure out what he hopes to gain from embarrassing the Chinese.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

25th May, 2009 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

Korea North USA

In addition to the nuke test underground they were said to have launched three missiles and gave the US only one hour's notice before doing it all. Maybe they really think that such displays will help them get the undeserving attention they desire. Maybe they are jealous of Iran who has not been able to put a physical hold of such technology yet Iran is more in the highlight.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3229 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 26th May, 2009 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA vs North Korea

Nuclear test brings swift U.N. Response

TOKYO - North Korea's detonation of a nuclear device yesterday appears not to have been a significant technical advance over its first underground test three years ago. But it has triggered a swifter, stronger and more uniform wave of international condemnation, most notably from the isolated nation's historical allies, China and Russia.

Timing of test hints at push to ease crisis on leadership

SEOUL, South Korea - When North Korea announced yesterday that it had conducted a second nuclear test, the initial view across the region was that this was yet another defiant gambit to extract more concessions from Washington.
Ref. Source 9

USA vs North Korea
USA vs North Korea (Hover)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th May, 2009 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

USA North Korea - Page 41

That was yesterday's news, check what happens today:

North Korea 'fires more missiles'

North Korea reportedly fires two short range missiles, a day after its second nuclear test provokes international outrage. Ref. Source 3

This reminds me of when the military fires for effect.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3229 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

27th May, 2009 - 7:12am / Post ID: #

USA North Korea Politics Business Civil & History - Page 41

Well, we now have daily missile tests and a restart of the nuclear reactor. While I usually look at N.Korea's moves as being very predictable, these really are not. I don't understand what is to gain by this. Normally, N.Korea makes threats and screams about shooting missiles off with deadlines until the brink and then they get paid. This has been the status quo for decades. China realizes this and it is why they are not much for condemning the N.Korean moves because they know it is show. However, the blatant thumbing of N.Korea's nose to the rest of the world (or at least the UN countries) and continuance to do so is perplexing.

Let me go at this in a different way. What is left to threaten? Months ago they threatened to disregard the cease fire agreements with S.Korea, so that has already been done. The end result is a not so veiled threat of the resumption of the Korean War. They have already shot off a ton of missiles so they really cant threaten anyone with this anymore. They have just exploded another nuke, check off another threat tool. Bottom line is N.Korea always has a reason to do what it does and typically it has been done for a form of food and fuel for the country so they can spend more on the military and comforting the "Dear Leader". In general the threats go out and we create a emergency that needs to be dealt with and then there is the buy off or aid that keeps everything quiet for a couple of years. It feels like they have played all their cards...there is not much left.

The only thing they have left is the threat against the UN move to make sure that N.Korea is not exporting nuclear technology and they have already threatened war if their ships are stopped at sea. But here is the problem...China has signed up in support of the UN's condemnation of N.Korea's actions. Everyone is on board now in condemning N.Korea and they had to know that China wasn't going to back them this time. So why are they doing this?

To catch Obama's attention? I have heard this for a while now. OK, so you got his attention...what is it you wanted? Food...they know how to get food. Aid...they know how to get this as well. Non-aggression Pact? I can see this as they tried to get a non-aggression assurance before, but they have to know this is very unlikely. The US stance on that has always been upfront. No...but we have no plans to topple you if you don't mess with us, so you don't need one. Just don't mess with us or our allies. So, while I have heard this theory, it makes no sense to me.

Out do Iran? Well, in doing so they are basically shutting down the free food and fuel lines. Is this what they really want? I would doubt it. Plus, what is the reward for out doing Iran as one of the biggest problems on the planet? The N.Korean name will be in print a lot more, but that doesn't buy a missile, food or fuel.

Stirring its populous and military up for a imaginary fight with the enemy? I was thinking about this today. Kim Jong Il really looks bad in recent pictures...not that he was ever a fashion plate, but he does look of bad health. Rumours of the #2 son being groomed are interesting. I am wondering if Kim Jong Il is keeping the military and people busy being on guard against an enemy that isn't coming so that when he hands over the reigns to his son there will be too much confusion within to overthrow him?

They could also be using that act crazy and the big bullies wont attack you strategy as well while they are prepping to change leaders. I had this thought as well and think it is plausible.

There just has to be more to this this time because they know how to get food and fuel and it doesnt require them to blow off nukes and dump a dozen rockets into the ocean.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 27th May, 2009 - 7:18am

> TOPIC: USA vs North Korea

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,