School Bus Driver Disciplined Over Mormon Songs

School Bus Driver Disciplined Mormon Songs - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 29th Oct, 2009 - 4:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
23rd Oct, 2009 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

Let me tell ya folks that this country is going downhill the political correctness are beyond ridiculous you know what am I saying? The kid who said he felt uncomfortable is obviously an idiot and the parents along with the school district even more for listening to that crap and disciplining the poor driver. Tsk tsk tsk shame on you Hermosa View Elementary!

international QUOTE
MESA, AZ -- A Mesa Public Schools bus driver has been disciplined after he allegedly asked dozens of students earlier this month to sing Mormon songs during his route.

It all happened October 2 after the driver apparently asked the children to raise their hands if they were Mormon.

The school district would not name the bus driver.

But spokesperson Kathy Bariess said he is a "good driver" who made a "judgment error."

According to the district, the bus carries about 80 students from Hermosa View Elementary.

Only six of those students were not of the LDS faith, Bareiss said.

After the bus ride, one student told a teacher that the songs made him "uncomfortable." The teacher then notified the district.

"Some parents weren't happy about it," Bariess said. "And while we acknowledge that this was not appropriate for the bus driver to do, we feel it was an honest mistake."

The source of the news: Source 5

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your spelling using the built-in Spell Checker before posting your message. See Constructive Posting Policy

Sponsored Links:
26th Oct, 2009 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

Songs Mormon Disciplined Driver Bus School

Here's what I think, if the guy were singing some muslim songs would people have been uncomfortable or are we automatically supposed to accept hymn book songs? I think the guy should just drive and leave singing hymns for his bathroom or Sundays.

28th Oct, 2009 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

School Bus Driver Disciplined Over Mormon Songs Studies Doctrine Mormon

I think the school overreacted. I cannot understand why one of the students (which I assume is young since it's an Elementary School) would feel uncomfortable because some kids are singing some songs.

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2009 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The bus driver had no business encouraging students to sing religious songs on a public school bus. He new perfectly well he shouldn't be doing that, especially in todays world. I would feel very uncomfortable if some other religious songs were being sung and I was one of only two people who weren't a part of that religion. Heck, I would feel uncomfortable if everyone on the bus was mormon and singing "Jesus wants me for a sun beam" or "I know that my redeemer lives", because the plain and simple fact is that religion has no place in public schools and that situation is entirely inappropriate. Although, I wouldn't say the man is a criminal, but he definitely should be warned by his boss and punished if repeated.

29th Oct, 2009 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

international QUOTE (paratrooper @ 29-Oct 09, 2:15 AM)
I would feel very uncomfortable if some other religious songs were being sung and I was one of only two people who weren't a part of that religion. Heck, I would feel uncomfortable if everyone on the bus was mormon and singing "Jesus wants me for a sun beam" or "I know that my redeemer lives"

Oh you're the sensitive type? Maybe you need a thicker skin bro. Yeah, let's punish the man for singing a hymn in a school bus because some little spoil brat is saying he's uncomfortable. Gimme a break, I could almost bet that maybe he made a comment to a teacher and this teacher take it way out of proportion.

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2009 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thanks for the dis. I'm not sensitive, I've got two and a half years of combat in Iraq and Afghanistan. Surrounded by muslims the entire time. What I am, though, is a respecter of the law and the law is that church and state are separate. The fact that they were singing mormon hymns does not make it right. You make feel it's not a big deal, because you are mormon and it doesn't bother you. But those other students might have been feeling oppressed and offended by the mormon kids who vastly outnumbered them. Is that fair? Do you want your kids to feel oppressed and offended by others while at school?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Oct, 2009 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

School Bus Driver Disciplined Mormon Songs

I'd like to thrown in a wrench. What if one of the school kids got up and started singing and everyone else just followed along? What if the Bus driver after hearing the hymn started to sing along too?

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2009 - 4:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

School Bus Driver Disciplined Mormon Songs Mormon Doctrine Studies

That's not what happened. What if this, what if that. THE BUS DRIVER STARTED IT. That is the problem. If the kids want to sing something on their own, then so be it, although, they could be harassing others, depending on the circumstances. But that is neither here nor there and off-topic. The fact of the matter is the ADULT bus driver, who is employed by the school district, has the responsiblilty to do his job and do it well. That doesn't include encouraging religious acts to be performed on a public vehicle with children who do not have their parents there to safeguard them from things that they may not want them exposed to. Just for the sake of argument, if he were singing satanist songs (if there are any) and some children joined in because they were satanists too, would that make any difference? Would that bother anybody? It sounds to me that people on this thread are biased. Where are the open minds?

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: School Bus Driver Disciplined Over Mormon Songs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,