School Bus Driver Disciplined Over Mormon Songs - Page 3 of 4

It's true that most everyone is assuming that - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 31st Oct, 2009 - 6:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2009 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

School Bus Driver Disciplined Over Mormon Songs
A Friend

School Bus Driver Disciplined Over Mormon Songs - Page 3

Wow! Of course the kid isn't going to say anything to the bus driver. I wouldn't expect a child to stand up in front of 74 other children and tell them to stop. That's a little intimidating. You are being unreasonable. If the student were to do that, he would stand vulnerable to retribution and harassment by the other students indefinitely. He obviously wished to stay anonymous. The student approached someone they felt they could trust and that person took the student's issue seriously, like they should. And of course the teacher told someone else, it's not the teacher's job to confront the bus driver. And another thing, why is the child a "little brat" and why is the teacher "dumb". I think you should watch your temper SuzieSU.

Sponsored Links:
30th Oct, 2009 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

Songs Mormon Disciplined Driver Bus School

I can almost imagine the unthinkable, horrific experience for these poor 6 kids hearing Popcorn Popping, A Happy Family, Mother Dear and don't let me get start with that traumatic one Love One Another! I know, it gives you the shivers you know what am I saying?! rolleyes.gif

America where have we reached? Young kids hearing rappers using the F and the B word every two seconds and that's all cool and acceptable but a bunch of kids singing songs that promote goodness isn't. We reached bottom.

international QUOTE
I think you should watch your temper SuzieSU.

Rather off topic, but...
Thanks for the thought but advise not needed.

Post Date: 30th Oct, 2009 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

School Bus Driver Disciplined Over Mormon Songs Studies Doctrine Mormon

You are failing to realize the actual issue here. First of all, it is painfully obvious that you are extremely biased, so your position is illegitimate. Second, the issue is that the bus driver knowingly engaged in specifically prohibited conduct. Conduct that directly imposes on the freedom and civil rights of others. We (Americans; remember that this incident took place in Arizona) do not live in a theocracy where one specific religion permeates every aspect of daily life. That means that people holding a public office or work as public servants hold the responsibility to stay professional and religiously-neutral with anything concerning their job. For instance, you can't have Supreme Court Justices spouting off scriptures to support their position on the constitutionality of things and in the same exact way, you cannot have a public bus driver imposing his religion onto defenseless children by having them sing LDS church songs, seemingly harmless or not.

Rather off topic, but...
I can't even debate with you, because you don't make sense, ever. Your thought process is completely illogical, your grammar, spelling and vocabulary are horrendous and you are constantly making derogatory statements about others, like the kid is an "idiot" and the teachers are "dumb". It is difficult to read your posts and take them seriously, because of how inarticulate they are.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: It is not necessary to quote the entire post of the user above you. See Constructive Posting Policy.

30th Oct, 2009 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Songs Mormon Disciplined Driver Bus School

international QUOTE (paratrooper @ 30-Oct 09, 7:28 PM)
For instance, you can't have Supreme Court Justices spouting off scriptures to support their position on the constitutionality of things.

Is this a joke? Are you American? Our constitution and laws are based on Religion grounds for heaven's sake!

international QUOTE
you cannot have a public bus driver imposing his religion onto defenseless children by having them sing LDS church songs, seemingly harmless or not.

Thats the main point I disagree with you. I dont see singing some hymns as imposing religion to others. Plus, he didnt ask the non-LDS kids to sing. The LDS kids were the ones singing. Only 6 of the 80 bunch werent members.

international QUOTE
I can't even debate with you, because you don't make sense, ever. Your thought process is completely illogical, your grammar, spelling and vocabulary are horrendous and you are constantly making derogatory statements about others, like the kid is an "idiot" and the teachers are "dumb". It is difficult to read your posts and take them seriously, because of how inarticulate they are.

Rather off topic, but...
Oh my little heart is broken. rolleyes.gif Listen, if you dont want to debate with me refrain from doing so instead of whining.

Reconcile Edited: SuzieSu on 30th Oct, 2009 - 8:22pm

Post Date: 30th Oct, 2009 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Songs Mormon Disciplined Driver Bus School

Yes, our constitution is based on religious grounds; the grounds that no religion will be supported or prohibited, favored or abhorred by the government, as stated in Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. It explicitly states:

international QUOTE
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

Now, considering this, the bus driver works for the school district, which gets it's monies from city and state taxes and is subject to the dictates of those governing entities, who ultimately answer to the federal government (Congress). So, in the light of this information, we see that the bus driver is crossing the line into the realm of favoring and supporting, teaching even, one specific religion while holding a public servant position. The bus driver should just shut his mouth and drive the bus.

31st Oct, 2009 - 9:40am / Post ID: #

The children that are NOT LDS, hearing songs like Popcorn Popping, and Book of Mormon Stories, with the hand motions that goes with it. The children would feel left out, not knowing how to sing the songs, or when or how to move their hands.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2009 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

School Bus Driver Disciplined Mormon Songs - Page 3

Why is everyone assuming that they were singing "Popcorn Popping" and other primary songs. We don't know from the article what songs they were singing. Not that it really matters. But "Book of Mormon Stories" would definitely be inappropriate. It's like I'm talking to a brick wall.

international QUOTE
The children that are NOT LDS, hearing songs like Popcorn Popping...

What on earth are you talking about?

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: It is not necessary to quote the entire post of the user above you. See Constructive Posting Policy.

31st Oct, 2009 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

School Bus Driver Disciplined Mormon Songs Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

It's true that most everyone is assuming that the songs being sung were from the "Children's Songbook" the hymn book for the Primary, but I feel it is safe assuming it since the children were Elementary age. "Popcorn Popping" is on page 242 in the "Children's Songbook".

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: School Bus Driver Disciplined Over Mormon Songs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,