School Bus Driver Disciplined Over Mormon Songs - Page 2 of 4

Listen to me, if the kiddo was so bothered - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 29th Oct, 2009 - 10:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
29th Oct, 2009 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

School Bus Driver Disciplined Over Mormon Songs - Page 2

I look at this way, he thought he was doing something good. There was no ill intentions here. he should just be told not to do it again and that's it. I think the whole thing has been blown up to look like religion is attacking the school system when in fact it is the other way around.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2009 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

School Bus Driver Disciplined Over Mormon Songs
A Friend

Songs Mormon Disciplined Driver Bus School

Doing something good? That implies there was an underlying motive for what he did. That in turn makes the situation worse. That means that instead of just singing some songs that happened to be mormon, he was Acting as a "do-gooder" and spreading his religious influence to others. Ill intention or not, any bus driver should know darn well not to do this. This was absolutely inappropriate and yes, he should be told not to do it again, but if he did, there should definitely be some consequences. I don't see this as religion attacking the school system, I don't know how you got that. I see this as one person making an honest, yet, serious mistake.

29th Oct, 2009 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

School Bus Driver Disciplined Over Mormon Songs Studies Doctrine Mormon

I don't think what I asked was off topic at all, unless we are not allowed to ask questions here. Its relevant because it helps me to understand the conclusions people like yourself are making over this incident. What if all the children on the bus were all members of the church then would it have made a difference?

29th Oct, 2009 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Songs Mormon Disciplined Driver Bus School

Brothers and Sisters we're living in the last days where anything about Christ and His Church is despised and rejected. These are all signs that His coming is near. I feel sorry for this bus driver who tried to bring the Spirit of Christ in the lives of these kids.

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2009 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Songs Mormon Disciplined Driver Bus School

It doesn't matter at all what religion any of the students are or what faith the hymns that were being sung belong to. The problem originates from the fact that the bus driver initiated the singing of songs specific to one religion. I don't know why it is hard to comprehend the fact that that is against the rules. And the bus driver has NO business bringing the Spirit of Christ into the lives of children without their parents permission. That's the whole point. If you want your child's bus driver to sing religious songs to them, then you need to enroll them in a faith-based private school. I personally don't want a stranger bringing the spirit of some false god into the lives of my children when I'm not around to shield them from it.

29th Oct, 2009 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

I think we are more worried about offending man than we are about offending God. I wonder if God would have chastized the bus driver for such a "serious" and immoral act of singing a hymn that praised him. Maybe the bus driver was inspired to sing and even prompted by the spirit to do so, who are we to judge the many things people have done that was supposed to be against the laws of the land but not God. The scriptures are full of this.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2009 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

School Bus Driver Disciplined Mormon Songs - Page 2

First of all, I never said it was immoral, don't put words in my mouth. Secondly, the only thing that inspired him to break the rules was his boredom and insubordination. He knew the rules before he did it and disregarded them, as if he were above them because "God told him to do it". At least, that would follow the guidelines of your take, him being inspired and all. Therefore, since rules were broken, consequential discipline follows. This has less to do with getting God out of everything and more to do with respecting others. So, apparently, according to all of you, it is OK to push your religion on others, even when it is being perceived as disrespectful. Do you disregard others when you tell them about mormonism and they say they don't want to hear it? Do you just keep blabbing on about it, even when they're getting angry? It's the same thing. Can't you see that? It's not right. You should respect others' wishes when you are making them uncomfortable.

29th Oct, 2009 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

School Bus Driver Disciplined Mormon Songs Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

Listen to me, if the kiddo was so bothered about it why he didn't approach the bus driver and told him something? No the little brat waits to reach the school and tell a dumb teacher who decides to take it out of proportion and contact school authorities...to think these folks are allowed to teach makes a chimp look like Einstein.

It's easy if these songs were Christmas carols nobody would have complained.

rolleyes.gif

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: School Bus Driver Disciplined Over Mormon Songs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,