Thanksgiving In Trinidad And Tobago

Thanksgiving Trinidad Tobago - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 24th Sep, 2010 - 12:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

2nd Nov, 2009 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving In Trinidad And Tobago

As some of you know, it is a tradition in our family to celebrate (besides Halloween for the kids) Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday after Christmas! This year, it falls on November 26th (4th Thursday of the month as usual). I wonder if there are any other families out there in Trinidad who also celebrate Thanksgiving? As a tradition, we create a big Thanksgiving tree made out of color paper and inside the tree each member of the family writes the things they are grateful for this year. We also read a Thanksgiving poem before eating. I have an idea of the menu for this year:

Turkey (nice stuffing inside) and cranberry sauce
Mash potatoes with gravy (a favorite among the kids)
Three bean salad (for my loving husband)
Cauliflower with Bechamel sauce

Of course we cannot forget dinner rolls and apple pie!

Simple, yet delicious!

This is just an idea, the final plan isn't over yet. wink.gif

Sponsored Links:
13th Nov, 2009 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

Tobago Trinidad Thanksgiving

What a neat idea lds_forever. I don't celebrate Thanksgiving but I think is a terrific idea for other people to create some sort of gathering and just being grateful for the things we have.

13th Nov, 2009 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving In Trinidad And Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I didn't know anyone celebrated Thanksgiving in Trinidad I thought it was all about the USA. Maybe we should have something like that but not a holiday just a day of thanks for the good life some of us have that we may not be giving thanks for.

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2009 - 10:34am / Post ID: #

Name: TrinMel

Comments: There is a tradition called Thanksgiving in Trinidad, but an event for the entire country. You can do it any day of the year, just you and your family and invited guests (usually the neighborhood). It's something that I did as a child, you cook an exorbitant amount of food, and you feed people on fig leaves and everyone sits in a circle on the ground. Before you eat, you drink milk and honey. It's sort of a religious thing too. You then have to go out and feed the poor and money cannot touch your hands, and you cannot make profit on anything that day.

24th Sep, 2010 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

I decided to celebrate thanksgiving this year so since it's going to be my first year any suggestions from people who celebrate this in Trinidad?

> TOPIC: Thanksgiving In Trinidad And Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,