Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible - Page 2 of 7

Stranger, but aren't those requirements kind - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Apr, 2003 - 9:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible Related Information to Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible
31st Mar, 2003 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible - Page 2

I think no matter if there is gun control or not, it will always exist evil people and criminals who will get it despite of everything...People kill people, that's so true but  I'm not a 'fan' of having a gun in my home, it scares me to death if an accident may happen with it and somebody get hurt or kill.
But we need to defend ourselves somehow in case of danger! so, we must have guns and other weapons to be able to do this...if not, we are dead meat. sad.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2003 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible
A Friend

Responsible Maker Gun Shooter Not

LDS,
That is the crux of the matter.
You, a lady and a mother, have no chance against a burgler or robber who is bent on harming you, other than a way of 'evening the odds'.

IF we could eliminate criminals from our society, the need for weapons would be less.

Then the only other need would be as stated in the Declaration Of Independance-

"When, in the course of human events..."

A nation whose citizens have no access to arms are at the mercy of whoever is in power in the government. That leads to oppresive, totalitarian regimes.

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2003 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible History & Civil Business Politics

Stranger,

I may have been a foreign student in the States but I was quite aware of the American history. I do know about the 2nd Amendment. In fact, I participated is my college's animal rights activities and I remember that one of the slogans against hunting was "the right to arm bears" , a play on the 2nd Amendment.

But across the Atlantic in Britain, the cops there were not armed until quite recently. The argument was that if they use guns, the criminals will also be more violent and will be brandishing handguns, etc. It did work for a while as more violence could be seen in US than in UK during those years, the 60's, 70's etc.

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2003 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Responsible Maker Gun Shooter Not

Yes,
The British police amazed us for years, the way they were able to handle most stuations without firearms.

And that thing about hunting has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. That is balderdash and has nothing to do with it.

1st Apr, 2003 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Responsible Maker Gun Shooter Not

The British police amazed us for years

They do tend to hit harder than others though because they have no gun. Remember though, they may not have guns on person, but they have them in squad cars nearby (usually shotguns). The Brits have a system where they promise they can reach any location anywhere in the UK in two minutes.

A nation whose citizens have no access to arms are at the mercy of whoever is in power in the government. That leads to oppressive, totalitarian regimes.

Although that can be debated I will say that even so the government will always ensure that they have the bigger badder weapons... so really it equalizes and becomes as though the citizens have no weapons (this based on a civil insurrection).

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

1st Apr, 2003 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

Well, don't you all think if the English people did it other countries can do it too? I think it seems can kind of naive really taking in consideration the worldwide violence factor right now.
But at the same time the police for instance should be more trained in these matters, you will hear news about policemen shooting some civilian.They should be the examples. Also, I'm not familiar with what you have to do in order to be able to have a gun in the US, maybe Stranger can explain me more about this. After the paper requirements, do they check on your background, etc? do they make sure you know how to use it? etc etc etc

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Apr, 2003 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Not Shooter Gun Maker Responsible - Page 2

Weapons are automatically registered with the dealer who buys them from the manufacturer, which is recorded when sold.
They have tried to get background checks in effect, with little success. This I DO support. There are many people, felons, the mentally ill, etc., who have no business with weapons.

In recent years they have begun putting together exhaustive ballistics data bases.
There is no further requirement for weapons, except a license to carry concealed, should one desire that. That is a siimple matter of going to the courthouse and getting the permit.

The part about police "being better trained" raises a very bad problem here. Police officers get very low wages, thus the profession doesn't attract the best candidates. Most departments have very tight budgets. Most municipalities cannot afford really professional police departments.

As to JB's comment about the government's firepower neutralizing the citizens', that is true, but I would still rather have my weapons than a baseball bat.

1st Apr, 2003 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #

Not Shooter Gun Maker Responsible Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Stranger, but aren't those requirements kind of insufficient?. It seems to me or anybody can get a gun just like that?!

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,