Socketmail Review

Socketmail Review - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 5th Nov, 2009 - 12:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

5th Nov, 2009 - 12:28pm / Post ID: #

Socketmail Review

Socketmail Review

I have setup this Thread to review a script online called, "Socketmail" which is supposed to allow you to use your server to set up a mail program like Hotmail / Yahoo, etc. I believe the original author works out of India.

In my experience the features and overall look is nice but it is dreadfully slow. There were tools that came with the script that the author refuses to update. At the moment I have a client who bought this software and I now have to fix tools that came with the software. There is no online forum to deal with troubleshooting, everything has to be done via Email. Not impressed.

If you have used Socketmail on your own server please place a review here.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Nov, 2009 - 12:29pm / Post ID: #

Review Socketmail

Name: Mailuser

Comments: I read your request for customer input regarding Socketmail. I don't know if you already have a license with them, but I would steer clear of them or else deal with a load of disappointments.

I don't know how things are at version 3.3, so I may be a bit influenced by older experiences.

I still run it at version 2.3.0 because I'm too afraid to update to any newer version. All previous updates caused everything to be seriously messed up and introduced more bugs with stuff that did work fine previously. At least 2.3.0 is stable enough to run without too many issues. However, it's not ideal.

Angry customers is also the reason they closed the support forum a few years ago. Figuring that no more support forum means they can muzzle angry clients.

I used to help out on that support forum and effectively identified loads of bugs. Later on they stopped listening, forum got closed and bugs started happen again with no effective way to report or follow the progress.

Again, maybe I'm a bit influenced by older experiences... But from what you wrote, it seems they did not learn a thing.

> TOPIC: Socketmail Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,