Retired Military Officers To Well Paid Consultants

Retired Military Officers Paid Consultants - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 17th Dec, 2009 - 4:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 18th Nov, 2009 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

How some retired military officers became well-paid consultants

McKissock also had a second job. The Marines brought him back as an adviser, at double the rate of pay he made on active duty. Since 2005, the Marines have awarded McKissock contracts worth $1.2 million, in addition to his military pension of about $119,000 a year. Ref. Source 9

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Nov, 2009 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Consultants Paid Well Officers Military Retired

I think that the high pay should be curtailed. I do not think they need $330 a hour. Heck I think $100 a hour is pretty good. Plus you add their monthly retirement checks and these guys are very well paid.

I would hope that in this economy that some of these high paid advisors see a cut in their pay.

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2009 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

Retired Military Officers To Well Paid Consultants History & Civil Business Politics

McCain wants review on defense work by retired brass

WASHINGTON - The Pentagon should rewrite ethics rules for retired generals who work as advisers for the military while representing defense contractors, Arizona Sen. John McCain and other lawmakers said Wednesday. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2009 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think it is about time that some of these senators look at some of the wasteful expenses that are happening under their noses. Maybe se can get this government to run more efficient yet.

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2009 - 1:02pm / Post ID: #

Investigation

McLEAN, Va. - Defense Secretary Robert Gates has ordered a review of what he considers "obscene" compensation paid to retired senior officers advising the military under senior mentor programs, and he also wants changes to guard against potential conflicts of interest, his spokesman said Wednesday. The secretary's move comes in response to a USA TODAY investigation into the military's senior mentor programs. Senior mentors help run classified war games that examine future strategies and weapons systems, even as they consult for defense contactors with a keen interest in the military's future needs. Ref. USAToday

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2009 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think that is a wise move. I hope that this will clear out a lot of misuse of funds and special treatments.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Retired Military Officers To Well Paid Consultants

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,