A Beautiful World

A Beautiful World - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 4th Dec, 2009 - 6:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Gregg Tyler Milligan
2nd Dec, 2009 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

A Beautiful World

I read a little bit about Gregg's story as a child and I was in tears. Just the thought of what he went through is beyond comprehension. The original title of the book was "God Must Be Sleeping: An Abused Child's Search for Salvation. but he changed the title for a more positive one. He was physically and sexually abused from the tender age of 4 to 11 by his own mother. When his mother (while abusing him) could not reach climax, she would beat his head, face and genitals. She would also bring stranger men to her house who would also sexually abuse him.

He is now a 46 years old who still have the scars of all the abuse he went through. He takes medication to sleep and suffer of panic attacks and chronic nightmares and of course (like most victims of sexual abuse) struggles with intimacy in his relationships. Until he was 16, he wet his bed. He drifted out of foster homes and shelter with friends and priests, he eventually went on to college and later graduate school.

His greatest accomplishment is his only son who according to him never knew violence, only love.

A moving, powerful story:

Source 1

Sponsored Links:
4th Dec, 2009 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

World Beautiful A

I wish I didnt click on the link, this story is beyond heartbreaking I'm shocked this man was able to graduate and do something with his life what happened with his "mother"? Did she go to jail?

> TOPIC: A Beautiful World

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,