Meredith Baxter

Meredith Baxter - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2009 - 4:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Actress who played Alex P. Keaton's hippie mom on 'Family Ties'
2nd Dec, 2009 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Meredith Baxter

She has confessed recently that she is gay and is in a long-term relationship with contractor Nancy Locke, and that her five kids all know, and support her.

international QUOTE
Alex P. Keaton's TV mom on "Family Ties" is gay.

That's what actress Meredith Baxter told this week's People magazine.

"I'm a lesbian mom," Baxter, who played Elyse Keaton on the popular 1980s  sitcom, told the magazine. "I feel like I'm being honest for the first time."

Baxter, 62, said she started dating women several years ago, but before that, being gay "had never crossed my mind."

Baxter said three failed marriages led to several difficult years in her life.

"I was never comfortable with myself," she said. "That doesn't mean I was questioning."

Sponsored Links:
3rd Dec, 2009 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

Baxter Meredith

I read the article and I could help but get the feeling that she is just into this because it is new and exciting to her. If you listen to most people that are gay, you rarely hear that the thought never occurred to them.

3rd Dec, 2009 - 8:53am / Post ID: #

Meredith Baxter Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Although I feel it's good she's happier now in sharing her life with someone who helps foster emotional and personal strength, I have to agree with Vincenzo that this is one of those cases where she is "gay by misadventure".

I believe the vast majority of people are genetically programmed to be gay, but I myself have an aunt who had similar experiences and is "now gay" and in a long-term relationship, but she has a number of issues and outside influences and hardships that I feel lead to this for her, though she said in her mid twenties that she had ... I don't know, inclinations I guess - but even then, these same influences existed so I lean toward "environment" rather than genetics on this one. I have another aunt who actually has written a series of Christian children's books, and is also gay and has been for as long as I've known her (though I didn't know it til last year when my other above-mentioned aunt mentioned it), and has also been in a committed relationship all this time as well - I don't know either way but I'm not aware of any known personal problems in her past so I think hers may be genetic disposition.

I liked Family Ties and still get wistful about it - but I have to admit she was easily my least favorite character; just something about her face, she always seemed cold and unexpressive and no sense of humor, always serious. I liked Nick better if you can believe it.

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2009 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

Meredith Baxter
A Friend

Baxter Meredith

Well I am not buying it. After listening to her interview yesterday on the news I think she is just acting a part to make her hip and news worthy again.

3rd Dec, 2009 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

Baxter Meredith

But she is 62 years old! What can she possibly get at this age? Certainly NOT a leading role.

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2009 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

Meredith Baxter
A Friend

Meredith Baxter

That I do not know. Maybe she just wanted to have a moment in fame again? It just seemed to me that she was not telling the truth or she was not genuine in her convictions.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Meredith Baxter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,