Chronicles of Riddick

Chronicles Riddick - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 7th Dec, 2009 - 12:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
3rd Aug, 2004 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

Chronicles of Riddick

Chronicles of Riddick

Well, no real storyline, nothing to relate with, just another film with wannabe moves in my opinion. Acting was well... You know, ever heard of amateur night? What's your view?

Rate: starorange.gif' /><!--endemo--> </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

Sponsored Links:
4th Aug, 2004 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

Riddick Chronicles

Very dissapointed. It got me sleepy undecided.gif No story line, acting very mediocre and confusing escenes. starorange.gif' /><!--endemo-->  </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2009 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Chronicles of Riddick Sports & Fashion Music Movies

New Riddick scouting in NZ

Actor Vin Diesel has posted on his Facebook page that the Chronicles of Riddick team are scouting for locations in New Zealand. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2009 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Chronicles of Riddick
A Friend

Riddick Chronicles

I was disappointed on this movie but I can understand why they made it. I think the next movie that has Riddick in it will be better. Basically this was supposed to be a little history on him before the movie Darkness. I may be wrong though.

5th Dec, 2009 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Riddick Chronicles

I was also very disappointed with CoR, and have read since then that it has been unanimously panned as a "vanity" vehicle to allow him to demonstrate how great he/his character is.

I'm afraid his background in playing D&D is quite apparent here, in that the negative side of playing, namely the self-centered "munchkin" concept, takes hold, and people in the throes of it can practically DM and play the game all by themselves, engrossed by just how cool and awesome their own character is. In fact, I knew someone in high school that ran AD&D 2nd Ed. For himself... Somehow... And got his character to 17th level, and had a sword made out of what he described as "Shadakar, the Door of Death", whatever that was.

There is such a thing as suspension of disbelief, but that sort of thing (which I feel Diesel exhibited in his movie) is ridiculous. Although most of the stunts and fight scenes were more or less okay in the movie, my main problem was the plot, and not just the plot in and of itself, but as compared to Pitch Black. I much prefer Pitch Black, which I felt was much more a sci-fi horror movie with action elements, much like Alien, whereas CoR absolutely abandoned that concept in favor of Chuck Norris in space, which I feel absolutely ruined the whole thing. I'm skeptical as to whether he or the new movie directors/producers learned from his mistake and can produce a watchable movie - I only say "watchable" because, let's be honest, who would go to watch a Vin Diesel sci-fi movie, expecting in their wildest dreams it will be "good"?

5th Dec, 2009 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

Chronicles of Riddick

Let me add a little to this. I think the second time I watched Chronicles of Riddick I liked it more BUT that is only because it made sense after watching the movie of the story: "Pitch Black". I did not see Pitch Black or the animation before seeing "Chronicles of Riddick" so none of it made sense. The review for Pitch Black is here: Source 6 I attached the poster of the movie since Jpatt is such a Vin Diesel fan.

Chronicles of Riddick
Chronicles of Riddick (Hover)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Dec, 2009 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

Chronicles Riddick

Yep, that's the guy, thanks JB. Now, see, I'm not saying Vin is a BAD actor, though I can't say I would classify him as good. To me, CoR and other related and similar action and sci-fi movies are his "speed" - although I feel his acting is actually better than Chuck Norris', who actually had his own ton of movies and mainstream multi-season series, Vin's areas of acting when he shines are abrupt - he toggles on and off like a lightswitch. It's either "Hey, I'm acting!" or "*glower*". There seems to be no casual transition or neutral in-between with him, severely limiting his use in any serious cinematic platform. I actually, though, quite liked his "The Pacifier", which honestly, alarmed me, so as I said, I'm skeptical of another Riddick movie, though I do see a deeply buried potential in him - but he just seems to destined to join the ranks of Dolph Lundgren and other such luminaries.

7th Dec, 2009 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

Chronicles Riddick Movies Music Fashion & Sports

I will watch the new Riddick movie when it comes out, but not in the cinema. Like you his movies and acting do not 'pull' me to watch his movies as they come out.

Vin Diesel Acting Review: Source 1

Also, I did not get the 'uniform' or armor of the invaders, looks so medieval, not something you would expect from supposed superior beings who are supposed to be more aware than those they conquer.

By the way, Discussion on the Underverse: Source 4

Chronicles of Riddick
Chronicles of Riddick (Hover)

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Chronicles of Riddick

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,