Poetikal Introduction

Poetikal Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 13th Dec, 2009 - 5:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 13th Dec, 2009 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

Poetikal Introduction
A Friend

Poetikal Introduction

I have decided to join this site after reading the rules carefully and finding them most refreshing. The main thing that enticed me to join was the demand on proper use of the english language. May I say that the founder(s) of this site is (are) truly intelligent with making this a prerequisite! I found this site as I was googling the name of Lee Ann Musick in the hopes of finding alternate information after viewing a Dateline NBC program of her "story" or alleged crimes. It is so interesting to me to read others opinions of a show that I just watched, find more information, and be amazed that it only took 41 seconds to find. What a day we live in when a certain "unknown" person creates approximately 225,000 hits on google and so many people can weigh in their "opinion"! I usually shy away from offering any post on any site, but something about this site drew me in in the hopes of conversing with other intelligent people on various topics without fear of judgement! I can only speculate on what may happen, but I hope to have opened a door for a lot of sleepless nights and hours wasted watching reality tv and perhaps witness a bit of drama in my own little part of the world. Thanks for taking the time to read if you've come to the end (finally!) and I hope to interact soon!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Dec, 2009 - 4:12am / Post ID: #

Introduction Poetikal

A Warm Welcome to You

Thank you for taking the time to join and post a message, this means you are serious and says a lot about your character. I hope we can be friends over time. Since you are new to this Community please permit me to share a few links that you may find helpful:

Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Now, you can find the Board of the Topic you are interested in and Post your interests there. To find the Board click on the Site Map link at the top of this page.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2009 - 4:22am / Post ID: #

Poetikal Introduction
A Friend

Poetikal Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Seriously? I do not intend to be critical, harsh, or intentionally disrespectful, but the first person to reply to my introduction is a Brandon with a picture that is obviously a model, and then a profile that I cannot access! Can someone tell me if that is even real and why I should even continue on this site when I feel insulted? Calling Brandon! Who are you and why do they give an automated response a name?- to make me feel welcome in fantasy land? Come on! Could somebody real please reply and set me straight?

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your spelling using the built-in Spell Checker before posting your message. See Constructive Posting Policy

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2009 - 4:37am / Post ID: #

Introduction Poetikal

Honey, if you get a welcome message and that makes you feel insulted then you're probably right you shouldn't continue on this site.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2009 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

Poetikal Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Poetikal

Did you happen to read the rest of my post where I was asking if it was real and that I wasn't trying to insult anyone just looking for guidance and an answer to the questions I was asking. If you want to reply please at least try to be more helpful than sating the obvious "honey" and answer the questions!

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2009 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,081
Flag Posts: 51,738
Avg: 6.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,621.62 FP
Charm: 394

Poetikal Introduction

Welcome, I think. You want a real reply, here is one. What is the problem with being welcomed by Brandon and that you cannot access the profile? You joined to get a 'special' welcome and access Profiles? If you are here for your aforementioned reason of the Topic of Lee Ann Musick then why not just go there and give input? Saying that you feel insulted by a welcome message only shows that you have chosen to feel so. It is highly likely that if such things comes as an 'insult' to you then you will likely not be able to survive the strong views given in this Community. Additionally, it looks like you missed this part of our Constructive Posting Policy you agreed to before joining:

international QUOTE
Feeling Offended? Are You the Offender?

First all let us define what it means to be offended:

# To cause displeasure, anger, resentment, or wounded feelings in.
# To be displeasing or disagreeable to: Onions offend my sense of smell. 
Ref. Source 9

Now for our little terminology:

For us there are various levels of 'being offended':

1. You are offended because you broke a rule and a Mod or Bot corrected you.
Why? If you break the law do you expect the police to just let it go? The same applies here. You were thoroughly warned BEFORE joining that we rigidly enforce our rules. Also, be grateful that someone is willing to correct your mistakes, from this we grow. Right?

2. You are offended because someone said something in a thread that did not break the Forum Rules but somehow you felt uncomfortable with it.
We must all realize that this is an [b]international community and we all see things differently. Some will be for the War in Iraq and others will not, but it does not mean we have to be rude or uncivilized, however we can disagree, especially when a statement is made in fact and not in opinion. 

3. You are offended because you see someone else get praise or charisma or access to something that you do not have.
Covet thy neighbor eh? Well, first of all you may wish to evaluate why you do not have this 'fancy' stuff that you are coveting. Have you been a good poster, did you give trouble? Did the Mods or Bots have to be editing or moving your posts every five seconds? Are you active? Some users post nothing or very little and expect to achieve everything an active member does.

4. You are offended because you do not like the way we run things around here.
Oh, that one is simple... 'Delete Membership'. You will find that option in your Control Panel. No, it is not that we do not care about you or your feelings, but it is just simply... This is not the place for you. We are not going to change the rules or stop enforcing them so let us level... Maybe the Lite forum is your cup of herbal tea?

Now, I would like to state that if anyone breaks any of our rules or policies then that is an offense. We are professionals so we do not have time to stop and feel our heart break over it. The way we deal with the offender is based on the level of the offense. It can range from a simple warning to outright deletion and even follow-up with your ISP if you are a real predator. Of course the latter is only used for those who are spammers and / or seeking illegal activity.

Second, once everyone keeps within the rules of this community it is impossible to be offended unless you are overly sensitive. If you are overly sensitive then you may wish to evaluate your purposes for being here. Why? Well what do you expect? Should everyone just accept what you have to say? Should everyone just agree? It would be folly to think so as we live in a real world with various opinions. Some users can be very blunt, but that is their way, it is their opinion, so long as they are not directly calling you names, making fun of you or being sarcastic then just leave it alone. It is always helpful to state "In my opinion..." as no one can really argue with that. Another thing that is ironic, if something is sensitive to you then why post it or reply to it in a public community? You must understand that when a user replies to a message and disagrees with your perspective then 99% of the time they are usually disagreeing with your 'take' on the subject matter and not 'you', the person - members often mix this up.

Third, if you feel something has offended you, but it did not break the rules then rather than bottle it all up inside simply express your feelings in a constructive manner as to why you are offended. Members are not mind readers and what may be offensive to you may seem very far from that to someone else. Again, this is not an LDS, RPG, Trinidad, Muslim, Catholic or other community, it is an International Community - we all think differently, we all grew up with a view point that may appear to be very strange compared to the other person's view, etc. Hence we have the rules we do... They keep the peace and they enable everyone to enjoy themselves without feeling intimidated. However, again, I must emphasize... If you feel offended often, you are in disagreement with how we run things or you just do not like the colors we use then simply 'Delete Membership'. After all we do not want unhappy people here, why be in a place that makes you feel uncomfortable? 

Fourth, now this one goes out to those of you that are cheeky or lack the empathy necessary to discuss things in an International setting. First of all it is a good thing you do not negotiate for arms control on behalf of your country, because surely you would do a terrible job and may even initiate war. Come on... Before you post, take a breath, walk around the room and ask yourself, is what I am about to type offensive? Even if you think it is not, could it be taken that way? Why not try explaining yourself in detail rather than giving a half hearted reply that may cause ill feelings?

Fifth, this is all free, keep that in mind and think about it.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Dec, 2009 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

Poetikal Introduction
A Friend

Poetikal Introduction

Thank you JB I think! I was not joining to get any welcome at all or to access profiles. I was simply trying to see if the person welcoming me was real or if it was just an automated welcome! I only felt that because I couldn't access the profile that perhaps the person didn't exist! All I have asked for is simple answers to my questions as I do not know anything about this site and all I keep getting is people telling me to leave instead of helping me understand where I may be mistaken! I have admitted that I may be wrong and I have asked to be shown the ropes- what more can I do? All I want is to belong somewhere where everyone's opinion is valued and accepted- this run-around has gotten me started off on the wrong foot so I apologize to anyone I may have offended! I just want to know the rules and how it works from people who know the site. Please don't throw me out yet and give me the chance to learn as I am open to that!

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2009 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,081
Flag Posts: 51,738
Avg: 6.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,621.62 FP
Charm: 394

Poetikal Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

We have a highly comprehensive FAQ Board here: Source 6

Brandon is a Bot, we have many here that handle formalities (welcoming, corrections, policy enforcement, etc.) you can know more about Bots here: Source 3

I suggest if you want to learn how the Community works that you look through the FAQ. You may also want to look over the links at the top of this Board just below "Some Frequently Asked Questions".

Lastly, we welcome constructive participation from all, however if you want to be part of the Community and find your input valued you may wish to opt for a less aggressive / sensitive approach in your communications.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Poetikal Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,