Adam

Adam - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 19th Mar, 2013 - 12:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

2009 - Movie about Asperger Syndrome
29th Dec, 2009 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

Adam

A beautiful emotionally driven movie that had me charged up by the end being a parent of a son with special needs. Sometimes I am so worried about the fate of my son in tomorrow's world and how he will cope. Adam is a drama about Adam Raki, a 28 year old with Asperger Syndrome played by Hugh Dancy, who meets a beautiful young woman - Beth Buchwald, played by Rose Byrne. The character of Beth now coming from a breakup and experiencing difficulties with her father is softened by the almost child-like Adam character. Beth learns about Aspergers and they reach the point of planning to have a long relationship together, but will it work? If you do not know what Asperger's is the movie will help you to understand. It will show you the world from both a person with Asperger's and how other people see it. I was moved by the film because there were a lot of hidden messages especially with the use of Beth's father - he was a key element in comparing both worlds. You are left to think how Adam made out. One thing I wanted from the film was a little bit more of Adam's growing up years and things he may have experienced, but this is more of a love story and not a history lesson.

Rate: 2 starblue.gif' /><!--endemo--> </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

Sponsored Links:
29th Dec, 2009 - 4:03am / Post ID: #

Adam

I was in tears most of the movie because I could see my son in Adam's character. It also made me think of the discussion I always have with my husband which is the traits shown by high functioning autistic people are common traits within the condition, do they look like they're trying to be annoying? Yes, they do. Do they appear to be rude? Yes, they do. Do they appear to have no sympathy whatsoever? Yes, they do and no matter how much this is "taught", it is not something that they can change that easily.

In Adam's story he couldn't and every day was a formidable task for him. Many things with the story made me think on my own son and the high expectations and pressure sometimes I put on him without realizing how his brain is wired and how he sees the "world" and its people. It made me realize that just like Adam, my son tries his best...It may not be what I consider the best or what the world think is the best but is the best of what he can do and I need to appreciate him, love him and accept him for who he is, NOT for who is not and I want him to be....

It was a emotionally driven movie. I thought the actor that played Adam was fantastic and the story line quite credible and accurate about the condition.

2 starblue.gif' /><!--endemo--> </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2013 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Adam Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Adam

What is your review for the movie about Asperger Syndrome: "Adam"?

Adam
Adam (Hover)

> TOPIC: Adam

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,