Kneel In Prayer During Sacrament Meeting

Kneel Prayer Sacrament Meeting - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd Jan, 2010 - 3:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2010 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Name: Sister S.

Comments: Is it appropriate for the bishop to tell everyone in the congregation to kneel with him in prayer during sacrament meeting?

Sponsored Links:
11th Jan, 2010 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

Meeting Sacrament Prayer Kneel

Appropriate? Are you kidding? Is there anything wrong at all about kneeling during prayer? As a matter of fact I think thats the way we should pray you know what am I saying?. If the bishop received the inspiration that he needed to ask the members of his ward to kneel with him in prayer of course thats what he should do. I find the whole world "appropriate" out of place in this context.

15th Jan, 2010 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

Kneel In Prayer During Sacrament Meeting Studies Doctrine Mormon

In the Doctrine of Covenants Section 20 verses 75 and 76 it says:

international QUOTE
75 It is expedient that the church meet together often to partake of bread and wine in the remembrance of the Lord Jesus;
  76 And the elder or priest shall administer it; and after this manner shall he administer it-he shall kneel with the church and call upon the Father in solemn prayer, saying:

The part we don't follow in this scripture is "he shall kneel with the church"
I think that we are not kneeling enough. I wonder whether we are not humbling ourselves enough as we partake of the sacrament. My ward is made up of many older members that would have to have help getting up into their seats after kneeling. But, I would love to see more people follow the actual instructions mentioned in this verse.
Seriously, can we kneel too much? I know that it puts me into a better frame of mind when I am praying.

21st Jan, 2010 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Hmmm I have a little trouble with this concept. Yes, kneeling is good but I do not think just because we kneel we somewhat show more humility, also there are members who aren't able to do it so we need to think about it as a group rather than individually.

22nd Jan, 2010 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

Do you what? Have trouble with the concept of kneeling? Geez there are some underline issues there. I'm telling you I'm tired of the whole thing of doing things to please the world rather than G-d you know what am I saying?

22nd Jan, 2010 - 6:43pm / Post ID: #

It was many years ago when I read this quote; but it has always stuck with me. It was said by Brigham Young and I think I read it in "Doctrines of Salvation". Anyway, the quote from President Young was, and I'm paraphrasing: "...When you feel the least like kneeling in prayer is the time when you should be kneeling in prayer."

Another scripture that reminds me that we should kneel is: D&C 88:104

international QUOTE
104 And this shall be the sound of his trump, saying to all people, both in heaven and in earth, and that are under the earth-for every ear shall hear it, and every knee shall bow, and every tongue shall confess, while they hear the sound of the trump, saying: Fear God, and give glory to him who sitteth upon the throne, forever and ever; for the hour of his judgment is come.

There are many other scripture that talk of getting on our knees.

I don't think this is just a symbolic gesture, we literally need to be on our knees as often as possible to show our reverence and humility. Our American society has lost this aspect in our daily lives. We don't show respect to our elders and we don't show respect to our Heavenly Father.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jan, 2010 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

Kneel Prayer Sacrament Meeting

What a strange question, why wouldn't be? In the real sacrament prayer everyone is supposed to kneel down.

> TOPIC: Kneel In Prayer During Sacrament Meeting

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,