Reality Tv Shows - Page 2 of 3

I have to say I'm not a fan of reality - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 1st Nov, 2005 - 12:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2004 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Reality Tv Shows
A Friend

Reality Tv Shows - Page 2

On the whole I tend to avoid TV, but even more so reality shows. I liked what was said earlier about 'reality' shows not actually showing reality. I think what we need is more documentaries, a good documentary is the best kind of reality show. It shows real people, in real situations, dealing with real issues, and making real growth. A good documentary can romanticize the mundane and everyday, make heroes out of the average joe that we only see once a day in passing.

I actually thought about starting a business where I would follow people around with a camera, interview their friends and family, and make a movie showing everything glorious and beautiful about their life. Maybe someday.

Unfortunately I don't think reality tv will go away until they find something even more outrageous to replace it. I can't imagine what could be more outrageous than reality tv, but I'm sure they'll come up with something.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Jul, 2005 - 11:06am / Post ID: #

Reality Tv Shows
A Friend

Shows Tv Reality

I don't think they had that program here (mad house) I generally hate reality t.v it's just Voyerism to the worst degree! I think Billy Connelly described it best when he said "it's just people sitting around doing nothing watching people sitting around doing nothing" I think the apprentice is the only one I've watched and enjoyed!

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2005 - 11:59am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Reality Tv Shows Sports & Fashion Music Movies

HOLLYWOOD LAWSUIT ALLEGES REALITY TV SWEATSHOP CONDITIONS

A dozen Hollywood writers have filed a lawsuit against producers of TV reality shows and several major networks alleging they were forced to work under sweatshop conditions.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005...ers_050708.html

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2005 - 11:39am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 2 Shows Tv Reality

Move over Trump, China embraces reality TV

Reuters - Budding Chinese entrepreneurs are set to go head-to-head on domestic television in a new reality programme that reads like a watered-down version of hit U.S. show "The Apprentice", starring tycoon Donald Trump.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...hina_television

25th Aug, 2005 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

Shows Tv Reality

Here is probably the most ridiculous reason / theme for having a reality show:

Sperm donor reality show?

Reuters - Billionaire television producer John de Mol, behind the pioneer show Big Brother, will test the limits of reality TV with a program in which a woman searches for a potential sperm donor to conceive a child.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._dutch_sperm_dc

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2005 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

Reality Tv Shows
A Friend

Reality Tv Shows

The only reality show I have ever watched is The Amazing Race and I'm hooked on it. Eleven couples race around the world and one couple is eliminated after each episode. There are several pit stops and the last team to reach each pit stop is eliminated. Various tasks have to be performed during the course of each day's episode. They might be in Africa one day and China the next, or traveling by train through India or on a ranch in Argentina. When there are only 3 teams left, the first one to the finish line is the winner and the prize is $1 million dollars.

The current show is on Tuesday nights on CBS and is a family version, some with kids so they are staying in the U.S. Reruns are every night on the Game Show Network.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Oct, 2005 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

Reality Tv Shows
A Friend

Reality Tv Shows - Page 2

I think it has gotten past the rediculous point. There are so many really bad reality shows out there. There are movies that are made about reality shows. It's like a bad cold that just keeps spreading, and everybody is catching it. Maybe that means we need a really big bottle of cold medicine...

I like the positive reality type shows. I know they had one not too long ago where they gave high school seniors that had made really great grades in school, but could not afford to go to college, a chance to earn a $250,000 scholarship. Along the way, they could earn littler scholarships.

I didn't watch it, though. I just think it's great that some of these people are taking the reality show and using it in a positive way and helping people's dreams come true.

1st Nov, 2005 - 12:26pm / Post ID: #

Reality Tv Shows Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

I have to say I'm not a fan of reality TV shows but I find the Amazing Race one of the funniest shows on TV.

I can not get over how serious these actors take the game and how dumb they act. They must be getting paid quite a bit of cash to put their acting reputation on the line with such comical roles.

I remember one episode where one of the contestants was in Iceland and filled up a diesel car with unleaded petrol even though there was a sign clearly indicating it was a diesel 4WD, as many are. It almost cost them eviction.

If you haven't seen it and want a good laugh, I have to recommend this show. On the other hand I find Survivor annoying and terribly unrealistic.

But another good show in my opinion is the apprentice. It's interesting to see how people react and interact with others in their tasks.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Reality Tv Shows

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,