Mormon View Adultery

Mormon View Adultery - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 22nd Jan, 2010 - 2:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

4th Jan, 2010 - 2:02am / Post ID: #

Mormon View Adultery

Mormon View Adultery

It used to be that if you committed Adultery you would be stoned to death under the Mosaic Law. What are your thoughts about the way it is handled today?

Sponsored Links:
6th Jan, 2010 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

Adultery View Mormon

What concerns me about the way it is handled today is the following:

1. The exact same situation but different disciplinary outcome depending on who is the leader handling it.

2. Women seem to have a lesser disciplinary action than men under the same circumstances.

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2010 - 12:43pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View Adultery
A Friend

Mormon View Adultery Studies Doctrine Mormon

I think it is currently not quite rightly done in all cases.

The D&C tells us that if your married and committed adultery as a member, you can receive forgiveness once. If you do it again, you'll be excommunicated. But, once you've received your endowments and been sealed to your spouse and you commit adultery, you have to be excommunicated and be destroyed in the flesh. We do the first part for a lot of people, but I don't think the second part is being followed through with.

I also remember reading in Joseph Fielding Smith's "Doctrines of Salvation" that it was not done right nowadays with adultery. He said when God's laws prevailed, we would reinstate the death penalty for adultery, because that is God's law. It makes sense especially thinking about the doctrine of blood atonement and 1 Cor 6:18 (Joseph Smith Translation)

international QUOTE (1 Cor 6:18)

"Flee Fornication! Every sin that a man committeth is against the body of Christ, and he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body."

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please look at how we use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

21st Jan, 2010 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

Adultery View Mormon

international QUOTE (OldSouth @ 15-Jan 10, 12:43 PM)
I also remember reading in Joseph Fielding Smith's "Doctrines of Salvation" that it was not done right nowadays with adultery. He said when God's laws prevailed, we would reinstate the death penalty for adultery, because that is God's law. It makes sense especially thinking about the doctrine of blood atonement and 1 Cor 6:18 (Joseph Smith Translation)

What do you mean by "it makes sense", are you suggesting we should implement this nowadays?

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2010 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View Adultery
A Friend

Adultery View Mormon

international QUOTE ("SuzieSu")
are you suggesting we should implement this nowadays?

I very much suggest we implement the laws of Heaven rather than remain within the system of Babylon. Remember Matthew 15:2-6? We have also made the commandments of God of no effect in our societies. The devil has done well to influence the people so that we look at many things as little matters, or that we came to a point that we find a correct application of the laws of God "cruel" rather than "merciful" how they are. I think with the death penalty, one of the big problems is a lack of understanding of the doctrine of blood atonement. If people would understand this church doctrine better, we would understand the whole concept of the death penalty on a different level than just "we do it because it has been commanded." We would also see the mercy of God in it, something I think not many people see anymore because they look at it through the eyes of the world rather than through the "eyes" of the gospel.

Reconcile Edited: OldSouth on 22nd Jan, 2010 - 1:09pm

22nd Jan, 2010 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

Mormon View Adultery

I find the whole thing disturbing bro. Listen if we have so many innocent people in this country that were put to death and they were innocent I cant imagine how it would be to put someone to death for adultery and the whole thing is a lie because people are humans you know what am I saying? Are you also including those who lust over women and practically drool when they look at them? Because Jesus said they have committed adultery in their hearts. With this concept in mind, we will have no lds men left if you know what I mean.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Mormon View Adultery

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,