Bend It Like Beckham

Bend Beckham - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 26th Jan, 2010 - 12:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Review
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2003 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Bend It Like Beckham
A Friend

Bend It Like Beckham

Bend It Like Beckham

Oh my goodness gracious what a movie... I went in hoping that the east meets west theme was a good one well orchestrated... Characterized etc...and man was I NOT disappointed... This has been one of the best movies I have seen for the year... I have to be honest I love most Indian movies... I don't know but they always seem to revive my spirit and my sense of hope my sense of beauty in the world. Don't ask me why ...guess cause in most of them I see portrayed what is lacking in a lot of homes around the world...the sense of morality family togetherness this movie had that and a lot more... Don't know about you but those are things I would pay money to see...oh and for you romantics course there was a little something in there for you..not to mention a good few laughs now for those of you who actually wanna see it I wont tell what happened...but I just wanna say that if you like a well balanced movie that teaches you about human nature and striving for ur dreams against all odds and the importance of family then  this is definitely the movie for you... I know it was for me

So those of you who see it I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Sponsored Links:
8th Jul, 2003 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

Beckham Like Bend

Thanks for the review...I'm really surprised to hear the movie is actually good when I saw the name of it and the commercial on TV I thought the movie would be pretty stupid... But it's good to know I was wrong.

Rather off topic, but...
Now I have a question about Indian movies. In ALL of them don't kiss to each other or only in certain movies?

8th Jul, 2003 - 1:24am / Post ID: #

Bend It Like Beckham Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I find it hard to believe "Bend It Like Beckham" is so good. Trini, are you sure you are not just saying that to set us up?

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2003 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

Bend It Like Beckham
A Friend

Beckham Like Bend

laugh.gif Now JB you sound as though you don't believe me ..I'm hurt I don't know but personally for me I found it to be a delightful surprise...I don't know I do not have conventional taste in movies..I like simple funny stories that touch the heart more than anything else...this is one movie I was looking fwd to that didn't surprise me...and they started kissing in Indian movies recently and not in many just a few..For Your Information... Guess some directors trying to accommodate the younger generation..but a lot still stick to the traditional family oriented movies...I like that if I need to see sex and a lot of violence I look at English movies..if I wanna have a good feeling about myself I see a traditional Indian movie...as I told you maybe its a me thing...I grew up looking at those movies and most of them that I have chosen to see I enjoy and I am picky about what I see...you know JB that's one of the funny things in life sometimes the things you expect to like you hardly ever do and the things that you don't expect you to bring joy often brings you exactly that...goes to show how contrary life is eh...don't really know wha your taste is in movies JB..but you should give it the benefit of the doubt and if you don't like it then well agree to disagree ok....by the way I am going to see Hollywood homicide and charlies angels 2 on sat (if I can get through the crowd I ain't fighting nobody)...so ill post a review for em if no one beats me to it that is... Wanna hear wha you have to say to them.

10th Jul, 2003 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

Beckham Like Bend

Thanks for your second review. Well I will look at it, but I will wait til it makes it to TV. I liked that you mention the part about sex in Indian movies, I think you should start a thread about it. I have some thoughts in that area too.

As far as the angels go, I think it just another over promoted action film focused on the butts of women? I do want to see your review though. Thanks for your help!

Rather off topic, but...
I sent an email to you about the chat, try checking the box that says 'safe mode' when you login, this might help.

13th Oct, 2006 - 10:42am / Post ID: #

Bend It Like Beckham

I enjoyed this film, but I enjoy quite a few of the Indian culture films anyway.
The British made Indian films, are pretty spot on to how life is for Asians living in Britain.

Another good one similar to this, and it's funny if you understand the culture differences, is 'East is East'.

As pointed out previously, the films are made without sex or violence, but still manage to hold an audience.

It makes a pleasant change these days to be able to put a film on, and not worry whether children should be watching it or not!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jan, 2010 - 12:23pm / Post ID: #

Bend Like Beckham

Name: Closal

Comments: I didn't like it because of the racial overtones that just set me off, maybe I'm too sensitive.

> TOPIC: Bend It Like Beckham

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,